Those Were The Days!

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Many years ago, I fell in love with DAoC, and now after *cough* a while, I've decided to give it another whirl. I used to play in The Dragon-Fighters, and then wandered off to WoW.

Which I've since become bored with - even more-so with the new expansion. So, I decided to spend my WoW Subs on getting the complete DAoC set which is only £7 or something silly. Shocking.

So, I've decided to have another look at my first real MMO love, the one that started it all, and was really surprised (well, a little surprised!) to see the Excalibur population sitting at...

I've had a quick nosey-nose through the forum quickly, and see people referring to the "German Super Cluster" - is that where it all happens now? And at the risk of sounding like a reeeeeally silly question... What are the chances of starting a new character AND getting someone with it? I haven't played since, wow, Patch 1.70 or something, which I think was Atlantis. Everything since then is new to me, and I've long since forgotten HOW to play, so figured starting over might be a plan... To start with anyway ;)

Hope some of the old Dragon Fighters are still out there lurking somewhere, but I doubt it... In WoW I ended up with the Dead Dragons Society, which is going strong spread over a couple of servers.

So, now to download the entire client. Shouldn't have removed it really ;)

-Dan
Once upon a time, aka Darillin, Squiggly, Mathius, Antivius, Milandros... Some paladin, an Armsman, a Minstrel and others!

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Do you know any German?

If not I would suggest the US servers, you can change the EU version easily to make it run on the US. If you can manage a bit of german (or aren't bothered having to translate the german servers are active at UK prime time) Pick any german server they are all part of the same cluster now.

The game has changed alot to make it alot easier to level and start rvring. RvR requires buffs which means you need a buffbot or to make friends with somebody who has one. There are a few classes, vamp, friar that can manage without a buffbot. I wouldn't recommend going for a healer/cleric/druid if you are starting by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom