Those moments of awesomeness.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I don't get many of these, but today was quite great...allow me to set the scene for you!

---

T'was a bright spring afternoon, and my class were discussing the finer delights of poetry. I, as usual, was sitting at the back of the class, alone, dressed like an idiot (with shit hair) asleep inside my jacket. A question was posed to the class, one which none could answer. The teacher posed this question to every student in the class, yet none knew the answer. He was about to reveal it when a girl (yes, that girl) mentioned to sir that I hadn't been asked my opinion (which wasn't a rarity)
This woke me up, and I was scared as I hadn't listened for the entire lesson. I slowly picked up the paper, perused the text in front of me, opened my mouth to mutter something inaudible when suddenly I began to ejaculate words like Shakespeare himself! I was Hardy, Chaucer, Tolkien and Emily Bronte wrapped in one!

The class were stunned, no one dare speak. Another girl uttered a sentence sounding like "wrong" to which the teacher erupted with a compliment aimed at me. Everyone stared at me in awe, words failing them. I slumped back into my chair, put my head in my jacket, and basked in my own glory.

---

Well, doesn't sound that great...but it pleased me. ;)

Does anyone have any other tales of there mundane lives which remind them of why they rule?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Well, I was told to not mention this but what the fuck.

Oblong was telling me earlier how he busted his todger trying to do wrong things to his bird, he snapped the banjo string. Made me laugh and feel that little bit better than him for a fleeting moment.

My life is empty :(

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Something along the same line happened to me today.

For the last two weeks we have been doing O.A.A(Outdoor adventurous activities). This basically involves orienteering. I would like to call my self athletically challenged. So basically i just run around this bloody enormous pitch holding the map whilst the fitter people in my group run around getting all the letters and coordiantes. Anyway, at the beginning of the lesson our teacher said that the directions are "as the crow flys"). Everyone else was like "wtf meight? ^^" So the teacher asked all the athletic people in our class what that meant. There all stereotypical athletes. More muscles than brain. They all just stared at each other with a dumb look on their faces. I had just finished the warm up run, which the class had finished half an hour ago and was close to throwing up. I heard the sports teacher call my name and I thought "oh fuck". So i wandered over to the group and the teacher asked me "Well Mr.Leon, do you know what "as the crow flys means?" The rest of the class were laughing and I thought " what a bunch of wankers", so i told him the correct answers then threw up all over his brand new nike trainers :)

The End

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Heh, since we're talking of school days....

As part of Physical education, we had to do a bleep test, which measures lung capacity or some such. Of course, me being a lanky skinny fucker, who only ever did running when doing PE at school, I was dismissed as one of the favourites. People forgot that I was swimming 10 hours or more a week. Being good at swimming doesn't make me good at running, according to them.

Started off nice and easy, the slackers dropping out nice and early. The unfit people dropped off. The footballers were strugling under the pace. They dropped off. Only the top footballer and me left. He drops off. Shoelaces become undone. SHIT. Keep on going. And on. And on. And on. Bleh. Couldn't take anymore. Kept on going.

Level 14 shuttle 3. Oh yes baby. Highest in school, ever, according to the teacher who'd been there for over 10 years.
Made me have a bigger lung capacity than the average professional rugby player, according to our textbooks. Was only 15, so was pretty chuffed. And I shut up the footballers, well, atleast for a while. :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
nice one Mobius :)

I can't remember my last moment of greatness...though I did feel pretty good when I discovered I could bunny-hop my dirtbike :)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I found a pound on the floor yesterday, a sheer moment of awesomeness.
I just get chills thinking of what i could buy with free cash.

To bad i ended up using it on a tunnel ticket.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Thats a nice little story there Mobius, I pictured the scene (well, my version of the scene, since I obviously dont know what you look like, but you apparently have dodgy hair, a shit shirt and a big jacket ;))

I think my favorite moment of personal greatness (other than the the birth of my children and meeting Mrs Wil etc) was in a cross race about.....meh...years ago.
There was a guy who was a fantastic road rider, super strong and very fast, but technically he was completely crap. Give him some mud to slide around in and he struggled like hell. This paticular race was in November, so the ground under wheel was soft, but not too muddy. Id been riding well all season and was going well in this paticular race. The last 200 meters upto the line was up a steep bank, which was very difficult to ride, in fact everyone had been running it, and this guy and myself were in contention for the win.
His strength had carried him through to the end with a slight lead, and Id almost resigned myself to 2nd, so coming to the bank for the last time, I though Id give it a crack......and as he dismounted, 20meters in front of me, I charged at the hill, staying in the saddle to keep traction. Just as he was jumping back on his bike, I rode past and gave it 150% to the line......Winning in a huge, 50 strong crowd huge, roar of approval.

Damn it felt good. My best win ever tbh. :)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
.Wilier. said:
Thats a nice little story there Mobius, I pictured the scene (well, my version of the scene, since I obviously dont know what you look like, but you apparently have dodgy hair, a shit shirt and a big jacket ;))

well, if you had spent some time perusing mobius's other posts, you may have discovered the answer to your own question (and prevented yourself from being "twatted") http://img118.exs.cx/img118/5323/dsc018226xb.jpg

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Not quite the image I had in my head to be honest, far better :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Mobius, the most unsure, uncertain, low self esteem person on Freddie wins! Yei! :D

Now leet's get him laid.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I remember something similar during my a-level english literature lessons years ago. I was more or less asleep (and somewhat stoned) at my desk whilst the teacher was droning on about something or other to do with a book. She obvously noticed my innattention and called out my name and asked me a question. I woke up quickly, answered the question correctly and went back to slumbering on my desk. She was speechless over that.

Although one incident from my teenage years never ceases to amuse me. I used to play Basketball at quite a high level back then and we were playing the Royal Engineers team over in aldershot. Two rather large army PTI's decided to try to take me out of the game and charged at me at the same time to crush me between them. I noticed out of the corner of my eye and sidestepped just before they crashed into each other, knocking themselved out cold. Everyone, including the squaddies pissed themselves laughing at them as they they had knocked themselves out trying to flatten a 9 stone 14 year old kid ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
.Wilier. said:
Not quite the image I had in my head to be honest, far better :)
Mobius.jpeg

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Can someone ban Tris- from the internet please. :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
rofl :D I dig your hunky man-boobs Mobius ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Mobius, you have made me laugh twice in one thread. I heart j00 :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I'm glad my meaningless existence brings you pleasure, Leggy.

Tris- I was under 18 when that picture was taken. If you do not remove it from your hard drive and the internet I will be forced to persue legal action.

And thank you, Tdc. Unfortunately I was suffering from what the doctor called "swollen nipple" at that time. :(

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Mobius said:
And thank you, Tdc. Unfortunately I was suffering from what the doctor called "swollen nipple" at that time. :(

Tdc waws only looking for somewhere to hang his coat.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
seriously mobius? shit man i was just messing :(

but if your being serious then pm me and i will action it.

see laz thought you were better when i designed u. that means everyone thinks you were better.

I AM YOUR GOD!

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Heh, I dunno if this counts, but I was taking a young lady out...I was only 18 at the time, but trying my best. Night worked out well, chatted away brilliant, had a laugh, was going pretty good.

Met up with her friends, who were a little older than me, and started giving me a hard time...bit shit. However, we headed down to the club, and by total luck I knew the bouncer on the door *really* well. He let us straight in, made the rest of the friends cue :D
Even better, knew the cloakroom attendant who let us store our jackets for free, then the DJ knew me from Uni and did a dedication to me when we started dancing!

Now, being 18, pretty close to being my first *proper* night out on the town...new girlfriend, utterly brilliant :D Was as if everyone knew me and I was the man about town.

Still makes me smile :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
seriously mobius? shit man i was just messing :(

Lol :p Nah, but stop pasting it! You're ruining my already tarnished reputation. :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I won't ever forget taking off at night from Sau Paulo airport, and looking out of the window to see a stormcloud several miles across attacking the city below with giant forks of lightening, several every second. Seeing that, and the clear skies above the clouds with the stars in all their finery, was a sight I'll never forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom