Thom Yorke - The Eraser

Gogge^^

Loyal Freddie
what a brilliant piece of music, good to see he still can make great music

leggy

Probably Scottish
Yes, it's good to know that he can make music without Radiohead.. that sounds exactly like Radiohead :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I thought it was awful, was ok first listen but soon bored me.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was alright, though what's good is that this will be an outlet for his bleepybloopy music and Radiohead can get back to what they're best at - OKBendsComputery type rock.

leggy said:
Yes, it's good to know that he can make music without Radiohead.. that sounds exactly like Radiohead :)

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on about listen #3 of The Eraser now, so still too early for a definite opinion, but I think I quite like it. I've always believed that the rest of Radiohead kept Thom's eccentricities in check a little and so was expecting something unlistenable. Needless to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Analyse and Harrowdown Hill are early favorites, but I suspect that'll change with a few more hearings.

While I like alot of the Kid A and more recent stuff, it tends to be a little self-indulgent. I'm hoping The Eraser is 'getting stuff out of Thom's system' to make room for a return to a little more straightforward Radiohead album. Wait-and-see, I guess.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I like 'How To Disappear Completely' from Radioheads weird albums. That song almost makes me cry and I often have the need to listen to it.

The Eraser(the song) is pretty good.

OMG A MONG HAS JUST RAN PAST MY WINDOW WINDMILLING ANOTHER MONG!!

Kick ass!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Trem said:
OMG A MONG HAS JUST RAN PAST MY WINDOW WINDMILLING ANOTHER MONG!!

Kick ass!

Vidz or stfu!

:D

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
I thought it was alright, though what's good is that this will be an outlet for his bleepybloopy music and Radiohead can get back to what they're best at - OKBendsComputery type rock.

I prefer Kid A to both OK Computer and The Bends, so nerrrrrr.

However, I really hope they stick with the sort of style that was showing on HttT - if it hadn't started getting a bit rubbish in the second side it would be my favourite album.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
tRoG said:
if it hadn't started getting a bit rubbish in the second side it would be my favourite album.

Second side? Vinyl or am I smoking too much? EXPLAIN NOWZOR! :)

on topic - I saw Radiohead on their last tour and whilst the gig was ok there was a "okfolksthisisthemiddlebitanditsselfindulgentbleepysoapytitwankthatisthomsstuff" that was utter shit. Eraser = moreofthis.

Meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom