This Weeks Tip of the Week ... and a request.

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
Browsing through the tip of the i read that we can do a /who 100 for help, now i know this isn't new it's been in the game from day 1, and from day 1 i do regular /who 100 just to see who's on (i'm nosey and tend to do it at least twice on every play session i'm on at all diferent times of the day). I have NEVER in however many years i have been playing ever seen a GM online except during events and ocassionally when an E&E guy persuades one to attend an ML raid or something.

Since that tip came out i've asked every other person i've come across on the servers i play and the response has been the same, 'oh i've never seen a 100' or 'oh yeah i saw one once a long time ago at an ML'. Over 50 people were asked and thats what sort of response i got.

GOA are advertising this as a feature of the game, yet they are hardly ever actually supporting this feature, why advertise something they know that we're only rarely ever going to get any response from? If they are advertising this as a feature in the tip of the week then you should make sure they 100% support it, there should be a GM on all the time, or at least all the time at peak hours.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Almost allways found a GM doing /who 100 during peak hours. got a fair share of gm help on arties/mls etc that were bugged. but then it was a while ago as I've stoped playing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
only see them around when they are catching people aoe'ing on bridges and even then they are un-PMable. Bit like the police really, fuck all of them around the streets doing something useful but plenty trying to catch people out.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
A gm is on every day from monday-friday I can vouch for that:)

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:
A gm is on every day from monday-friday I can vouch for that:)

Then he/she is practically always on /anon then, because in all the time i have played i have never seen one listed on /who 100, and i do shift work so i can be online at anytime of the day or night, so it's not just that i am missing seeing them. And also how come everyone i have spoken to in game has responded the same that they have never seen one listed?

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
I've regularly seen 100's online...

and don't forget, we E&E are online and available, and can get hold of a GM most of the time if needed....

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Takhasis said:
I've regularly seen 100's online...

and don't forget, we E&E are online and available, and can get hold of a GM most of the time if needed....
Gifv /who E&E! I do notice they dont mention /advice or the E&Es for assistance tho, but I think they are trying to emphisise the use of the rightnow tools.

I must agree tho, /who 100 is a little hit and miss, but when they are about, they normally are very helpful to most I know. The only problem for them is that 90% of the PMs they get are "whens next patch", "how do I dye my sheild" and "can you kill ze dragon hehe?".

GReaper

Part of the furniture
One thing you can try is /send GMChar if they're anon. Sometimes they might be ingame but invisible, you'll get the standard message that they're not ingame but they might see the message.

Only use it if you're stuck though. :p

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Kaomond said:
Browsing through the tip of the i read that we can do a /who 100 for help, now i know this isn't new it's been in the game from day 1, and from day 1 i do regular /who 100 just to see who's on (i'm nosey and tend to do it at least twice on every play session i'm on at all diferent times of the day). I have NEVER in however many years i have been playing ever seen a GM online except during events and ocassionally when an E&E guy persuades one to attend an ML raid or something.

Since that tip came out i've asked every other person i've come across on the servers i play and the response has been the same, 'oh i've never seen a 100' or 'oh yeah i saw one once a long time ago at an ML'. Over 50 people were asked and thats what sort of response i got.

GOA are advertising this as a feature of the game, yet they are hardly ever actually supporting this feature, why advertise something they know that we're only rarely ever going to get any response from? If they are advertising this as a feature in the tip of the week then you should make sure they 100% support it, there should be a GM on all the time, or at least all the time at peak hours.

Like several other people said the last couple of times I did a /who 100 during the day or evening there was at least one and sometimes up to 3 gm's online on the cluster.

So I'm not sure what you're on about :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
on camlann when you do /who 100 you get a random display of 100 people online (cause you cant /who bob and find out a lvl due to the ruleset). So count yourself lucky that you can *see* them.

Wow has a nice system where you send the request for help off with an explanation of what it is.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
on camlann when you do /who 100 you get a random display of 100 people online (cause you cant /who bob and find out a lvl due to the ruleset). So count yourself lucky that you can *see* them.

Wow has a nice system where you send the request for help off with an explanation of what it is.

Mythic has the very same system aswell. Hope they decide to use it for WHO aswell since I really really liked it. I dont mind waiting a while if I get proper help from a person I can talk to directly without hassling around when trying to contact the support.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Pfft use rightnow if you are that desperate....

If you do it every day you are on - why? What do you need them for on a daily basis that you need to keep checking?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
he uses bugs maybe? if you can see the gm online it would deter you from bug abusing. but either way, the gm can stay on anon

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Recently i needed my minstrel undeleted , and i couldnt use rightnow so i resorted to pm-ing Xalin thru freddys. While he said he wasnt able to help via using freddyshouse , i noticed he was on ingame via /who 100

And thus a conversation ensued for about 20 minutes, while Xalin, despite having other problems to deal with, went out of his way to find my char and have them undelete it, i even told him it wasnt that important and not to bother but he persisted and i have her back.

This kind of dedication made me smile tbh , a lot of people moan about the GM's at times, but i think they do a grt job, i do /who 100 a lot out of curiousity, and i have to say recently theyve been on a lot more. I even moaned to my grp at Eras keep in Broad chat about a bainshee trying to nuke thru a door, and 5 seconds later i got a pm from a GM (See they do do things about bainshees :D ) , which shows theyre around and ever present. Which is kinda scary lol.

They may be anon sometimes i guess when tryin to catch bug exploiters so that people arent aware theyre being watched.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Lot's of times I've seen GMs online by doing /who 100. I even remember booking one on a Saturday a couple of years ago when I was doing ML5 g/steps back when the mobs were just roaming around and they were never in their place.

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Did /100 yesterday, Requiel was online, sent a PM asking him if he could help me, because we have a cleric on my sons account that has been stuck in Old Frontiers since the launch of NF.

Cleric was moved within about 5 minutes, have to say the service and support was excellent. :drink:

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
RR9L4-Guildmaster of LOE and
thoroughly nice chap!!

Jerelyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Use the E&E's for questions about random stuff. If we don't know the answer we will contact a GM and get back to you as soon as possible.
What we cannot help you with, is bugged artifact encounters, bugged masterlevel steps, stuck character or anything that would require some kind of GM touch.

And whoodoo is right, imagine how many PM's a GM gets when being online and visible?
Use the E&E's, that's what we're here for :)

-Jerelyn

Nate

FH is my second home
would be nice to have an easier /who for e&e's like give them the [csr] thing at the end of the name but change it to e&e, guess thats not that hard really

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I see Requiel or Xalin online all the time. I've never contacted them - never had reason to - but they're definitely about.

Never seen one in the virtual flesh - are they stealthed invisible ?

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
I see Requiel and Xalin online too.
Once reported one window dragger to Xalin (was it Xalin? What ever)

Just like anyone would care.. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom