This weeks Friday news

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:
Anyone else find it bland?
I've always sort-of stepped up for goa, when other people were whining about this or that, but the pranks they're pulling lately make me have to join the "goa sucks" camp :/

Indeed, the news was very poor. I atleast would've expected them to mention something about the AC raids and the situation that emerged due to it last week etc. but noooo, generic info, background piece that noone reads anyway and the usual poor hibby bonus that never changes anyway.

The vista chapter could be summarised by "no" and the billing has been said a million times already so I don't know who the feck still doesn't know it.

I don't think I like goa as much anymore...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i'm not a fanboi or doomsayer btw i now play on both euro and US i just thought the news this week was rubbish

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
And DAoC worked fine for me under Vista RC2 (altough you had to elevate the game), so I'm not sure what they were talking about.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
And DAoC worked fine for me under Vista RC2 (altough you had to elevate the game), so I'm not sure what they were talking about.

They're not saying it doesn't work. They're saying they won't support it if it doesn't work.

Worked fine for me as well.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
That's what I thought as well, initially, but read it again;
Right now, Dark Age of Camelot version 1.85 does not have any support for Windows Vista, the latest Microsoft operating system that will be available soon for private use. EA Mythic and Microsoft are working on making the software compatible... snip

The second part;
Regarding Labyrinth of the Minotaur - which has just been installed on a European test server - Windows XP is the only supported operating system for now.
yeah. That is about them not offering support on Vista. (which, tbh, is what you'd expect since LotM is essentially not a new game.)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
All they say is that it's not supported. They aren't saying it doesn't work - most likely it will work just fine. DAOC doesn't install anything - when you 'install' the game from CD, it just copies a load of files to your DAOC directory.. that's all. Vista should be able to deal with the file saving/loading, but like a previous poster mentioned, you might have to give DAOC more rights than it normally.

Although Vista /should/ deal with files transparantly from the application and save all your stuff to your documents directory.

As for the Hibs getting RVR Benefits.. I guess that's true. Seeing as they all pretty much left the server.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Meh, im one of the very few that like to read the roleplay part, but the relics are just ZzZz i mean come on ..... who cares about last weeks scabbard, I want the sword and i want it equipable! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom