This weekends Population...

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
on the german cluster was a staggering 2600 ish online

Albs had 878 online, see pic

Many more players are returning and I would really recommend people to come try it. Its not as bad as most people think just because its in another language.

One of the best features about the german server's is that your not always fighting against high realm ranks unlike dyvet where your constantly fighting against high realm ranks.

So, come on guys give it a go :) more people come back the better...

Just bite your tongue regarding the English servers as it will never be the same again. If you like DAoC and you wanna play it again, german server's is the place to be... :)

I've just dinged 8L4 on my infil and with approx 400k realm points for the week.

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Yea it rocks :p

Sidenote: Where can I get the skin you are using? ;)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Is there any kewl hib guild that'd like to help me out? I don't remember half of the things on my eld on avalon and it doesn't help that everything's in german xD

Btw, I'm planning on resubbing, not just playing the free days.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Is there any kewl hib guild that'd like to help me out? I don't remember half of the things on my eld on avalon and it doesn't help that everything's in german xD

Hehe about time Z daoc have missed u :p

Everz

FH is my second home
US>German still

Who gives a hoot, that pop will sink back to 1600 after the days are up, i'd rather understand everything then be confused most the time.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
A
One of the best features about the german server's is that your not always fighting against high realm ranks unlike dyvet where your constantly fighting against high realm ranks.

How does this work,are the germans biggest slackers ever?

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie

Well Arctic circle is semi reborn with some new and old players. I can give u a hand personally on fixing eld shouldnt take long.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Logged in and had perma loss on every damn server -.- (it's not my connection so guess it's something about the routing again, OPEN TRANSHIT?)

was lots of action at least.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Logged in and had perma loss on every damn server -.- (it's not my connection so guess it's something about the routing again, OPEN TRANSHIT?)

was lots of action at least.
Same here, got 356 ping. They still haven't fixed it. Last time I tried 2-3 months ago, was the same. :(

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
US>German still

Who gives a hoot, that pop will sink back to 1600 after the days are up, i'd rather understand everything then be confused most the time.

Did you try playing on the german servers ?
Seriously, its not hard to adapt to it at all and if you're with people from Dyvet, then there's others to help you out when you're not sure what something means. Especially if Cogs is there to help you, with all the machen die wegs and wohins, its all gravy.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Did you try playing on the german servers ?
Seriously, its not hard to adapt to it at all and if you're with people from Dyvet, then there's others to help you out when you're not sure what something means. Especially if Cogs is there to help you, with all the machen die wegs and wohins, its all gravy.

I think he got to about level 40 on an enchanter then quit.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I think he got to about level 40 on an enchanter then quit.

Well i dont speak any german, and was a bit sceptical at first. but now i wouldnt go back to UK cluster even if the server was booming with a 2 k pop and i could transfer my chars/gear there. the german cluster is just better in every way. Exept as solo sneak/tank.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I must say that the ppl I've met so far (dinged 50 last night! yay!) on the german cluster are very friendly and helpful. It feels like a good community, way better than the english/US community. But that's only my first impression I suppose. I haven't done any real RvR yet.

Now I have no idea what to do though... Do I need to do all the new dragon thingy I've heard about? How do I get ML's/Artis and such? It would be nice to get CL's I suppose but I can't understand the quests so I guess that will be a no too :p

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I must say that the ppl I've met so far (dinged 50 last night! yay!) on the german cluster are very friendly and helpful. It feels like a good community, way better than the english/US community. But that's only my first impression I suppose. I haven't done any real RvR yet.

Realm?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Now I have no idea what to do though... Do I need to do all the new dragon thingy I've heard about? How do I get ML's/Artis and such? It would be nice to get CL's I suppose but I can't understand the quests so I guess that will be a no too :p

Yeah the German community is awesome.

You don't need to do all the new dragon quests. There are a few high util quest items, but they might not be avaliable currently. The dragon quest weapon is the same (virtually) as the champ weapon. The dragon quest armour is nice, it has similar ToA bonuses like GoV etc but much nicer procs. The dragon itself drops some awesome items but alot of them will still be very expensive (50+ plat). The dragon stuff is nice but you can certainly survive without it until you have got a few realm ranks.

ToA has been nerfed. Most arti encounters can be done with ML9 chanter + buffbot very easily. You don't need the arti anymore, just the encounter credit and scrolls and scrolls are now extremely cheap.

You should be able to find one or two people doing Arti encounters if you look each evening. Both ML and Arti encounters can also be purchased with bounty points. You will have enough bp to buy ML1-10 by the time you reach rr6, probably a bit before rr5L5 or something. There are also some bp items you can buy and you can buy arti scrolls with bp too. You can normally ask somebody else on a high rr toon to buy you any arti scrolls you need.

CL are easy, go to the king when you are level 50 and you will be able to start earning CL exp. There are some nice quests you can do for CL exp but you can also get it through RvR. Once again you will probably be around rr5 before you ding CL10.

In summary, look for a template designed for patch 1.88. It won't have dragon items in so should be easy to get and fairly good. If you can find people doing ToA stuff tag along, any encounters you can get will help. Otherwise go out and RvR as much as possible to get bounty points. Here is a list of things you can buy with bounty points.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Have they raised the caps? If not I suppose my old ToA template will do? Cuz' all the things I wanted was capped there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom