News This week in the world of hip-hop

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
MC Hammer lost his marbles. So at the start of the week, MC Hammer dropped a "diss" record aimed at Jay-z. The motivation? A throw away line in a Jay-Z bar on a Kanye West track about him being able to afford losing £30million - a comment on Hammer losing his fortune.

Clearly MC Hammer failed to realise that he's not really that good, and the result is here for everyone's amusement:

YouTube - Better Run Run by KING HAMMER

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have to9 agree on this particular track, it's not really good.

Not to mention the reason goes against all what his early career messages were about(if i remember correctly, they were more about peace then war).

Telling someone they can afford to lose 30mil, i'd take it as a compliment :p

But yeah, this doesn't have anywhere near the same oompf that 2legit2quit, for example, still has.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What is even better is that Jay-Z is clearly amused by the track; he's said in an interview that he won't respond and that Hammer will be highly embarrassed by all the nice things Jay has said about him in his upcoming book.

Marc

FH is my second home
Why is Brendan Shaub appearing in an MC hammer video? What a douche!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
What is it with all these rappers lately and their overblown pretentious shite.

The good news is that they are probably going to destroy their own genre and turn it into a joke in the same way Bee Gees destroyed disco.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What is it with all these rappers lately and their overblown pretentious shite.

The good news is that they are probably going to destroy their own genre and turn it into a joke in the same way Bee Gees destroyed disco.

MC Hammer is not a "rapper". Jay Z is the best of the bunch as far as commercial rap goes, maybe even non -commercial, but that is debatable. He's certainly very very talented.

Rap is going nowhere but up, no matter where you might want it to go. It's main stream pop now, so there will be cheesy awful stuff, but that also gives more room for some true talent to grow.

Also I'm guessing the overblown comment was a dig at kanye's 30 min video? The guy is a dick, but he is consistently good with his music, and his rapping and production skills are amazing.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Also I'm guessing the overblown comment was a dig at kanye's 30 min video? The guy is a dick, but he is consistently good with his music, and his rapping and production skills are amazing.

Not directly. I'm interested in the way that rap (or however one decides to subdivide it) is doing what rock and disco did historically by becoming a parody of itself. What this ultimately means is that the vacuum is forming for something to take its place. Does this mean the end of white people pretending to be black for the sake of coolness? Probably not, there are stupid people throughout history. Something else will happen. I can't say what because if I could I'd probably be that mogul sucking your soul dry. Except I can only use my powers for good. Or at least, forum giggles.

No, Beiber fans, your day will never come. The proof? I can't even be bothered to spell your icon's name properly.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's not new.

Yes he is. No matter what you think about his current stuff, he's still a legend.

No, he's a hip hop artist and dancer at best. He can't "rap" and never has been able to. His self labelling means nothing.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He's not a legend at all.

Calaen

That's nothing like my style I would have called you a twat.

Just because he calls himself a legend does not mean he is, Eminem on the other hand will no doubt be remembered for a long long time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Self proclamation means f*ck all, but he's still among the legends of rap. Just because someone is sh*T now, doesn't mean they didn't influence the scene in a big way.

You can't ignore the popularity of the man at his peek.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It was more of a novelty though, like real 2 real and chaka demus and pliers and pliers

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
what just happened in this thread, cos I don't get it :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
mainstream hip hop is so bad :( jay-z, kanye west, lil' ****** #54918 etc are really destroying it :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I wouldn't say they are destroying it as much as the general chaff of US hip-hop and new gangster rap. Good for UK hip-hop though.

Calaen

Eminem > all

The guy clearly has issues upstairs, but the ability he has to develope that into a track is superb. Now there is a legend and his album sales say it all!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Careful Marc, he may craft a stinging riposte to music, just like that legend, MC Hammer.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Apparently only Toht's opinion can count.

Not really, many sources class him as rapper. You may have a different viewpoint to it, but it's not universal that he's not a rapper.

Also yes, he's a legend, just by definition.

Talent and such don't come into play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom