SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was the 3rd year of GCSEs. The O-Levels that preceeded the GCSE's were way harder. They were more like the A-Levels I took in the early 90's.

Now the A-Levels are a bit like the GCSEs I took. :(

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They could probably cut a lot of tat from schools and no one would notice. We need auto level scaling in real life so peeps can learn at their own pace rather than this cookie cutter crap that fails so many (even if that is the dystopia Job used to rant about)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can't have kids failing, it might upset them.
This is the model we've moved to. The American model.

We used to have really bright people, but they were underconfident because the system sucked that confidence out of them - so they didn't really try to create businesses.

The Americans are dumb as fuck but confident. They try and fail.

Apparently, the "hit" ratio for business favours the Americans - because you don't necessarily need brains. You need to give it a go**. But when you think of what it means for wider society - we're a bunch of dumb fucks, unpleasant to be around, do stupid shit constantly, weakens our ability to self-govern intelligently. Just bascially - the knock on effect of having a country full of poorly-educated people who've been sold short by an educational system that fails to challenge them properly.

Real shame.

**Edit: But the ratio per head of population for successful billionaires in Sweden vs America is better - so in purely economic terms there's a lot to be said for education if you do it right - and socially they're streets ahead of us, eh @Yoni? :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I was the 3rd year of GCSEs. The O-Levels that preceeded the GCSE's were way harder. They were more like the A-Levels I took in the early 90's.

When was the last time you looked at A-levels?

I mean, talking to teachers that have been teaching for 30 odd years have been saying that current GCSEs and A-Levels are the hardest they've ever seen.

But what do they know?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

All my O-level exams were written by Oxford University iirc.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Vote Tory.
I am not sticking up for the Tories in this but I want to be clear on my understanding before I write to my MP telling him he is a cunt for rejecting the amendment.

1. This is an amendment to an existing bill to make it a legal duty for water companies to take all possible steps to stop sewage entering waterways/rivers during a storm.
2. The original bill and any existing EU law written into UK law (when we left) will not be changed so the same restrictions water companies had before Brexit still exist now?

Gwadien

I am not sticking up for the Tories in this but I want to be clear on my understanding before I write to my MP telling him he is a cunt for rejecting the amendment.

1. This is an amendment to an existing bill to make it a legal duty for water companies to take all possible steps to stop sewage entering waterways/rivers during a storm.
2. The original bill and any existing EU law written into UK law (when we left) will not be changed so the same restrictions water companies had before Brexit still exist now?

But I thought leaving the EU would give us an opportunity to be better than the EU rather than having a race to the bottom?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
But I thought leaving the EU would give us an opportunity to be better than the EU rather than having a race to the bottom?
I am not arguing that as I said I am going to tell my MP he is a cunt for rejecting it. I am all for stronger regulations where it makes sense and this one of those.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

For as long as dopes keep blaming literally everything on Brexit, we won't fix anything.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. It's a weak and cheap excuse.

The Tories would have pulled this shit, regardless...and let's not even discuss the fact that the EU is absolutely filthy when it comes to the environment, Germany in particular.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
For as long as dopes keep blaming literally everything on Brexit, we won't fix anything.

The Tories would have pulled this shit, regardless...and let's not even discuss the fact that the EU is absolutely filthy when it comes to the environment, Germany in particular.
This is what I am trying to understand, the Government has not weakened the existing EU law which was enshrined into UK law, merely deciding not to make it a stronger bill? Which I think is wrong for many reasons.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Exactly, but that doesn't stop the weak of imagination.

They are doing exactly what the Tories want, bLaMe BrExIt

Gwadien

Who blamed brexit? I'm sure Deebs was the first to mention the EU.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Who blamed brexit? I'm sure Deebs was the first to mention the EU.

I mentioned the EU to put my understanding into context as from what I can see nothing has changed in law due to Brexit and didn't want to bring that into my email to my MP.

But you mentioned that being outside of the EU and a race to the bottom but as above, nothing lawfully has changed.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This is what I am trying to understand, the Government has not weakened the existing EU law which was enshrined into UK law, merely deciding not to make it a stronger bill? Which I think is wrong for many reasons.

Bit more info on the whys and what's going on in the thread below, turns out there's a lot more to it that just blaming teh toaries (hard to see how it's related), Brexit (unrelated), Privatisation (unrelated).

View: https://twitter.com/RainwaterLorna/status/1452601791464579080?s=20

There's a lot to do to fix the problem, mostly created by our old combined Sewage and Drainage pipes from the pre-1970's. I can also pretty much guarantee that if you were to nationalise the water companies, as a few on this forum have a major erection about doing, investment would drop and the problem would probably get worse.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bit more info on the whys and what's going on in the thread below, turns out there's a lot more to it that just blaming teh toaries (hard to see how it's related), Brexit (unrelated), Privatisation (unrelated).

View: https://twitter.com/RainwaterLorna/status/1452601791464579080?s=20

There's a lot to do to fix the problem, mostly created by our old combined Sewage and Drainage pipes from the pre-1970's. I can also pretty much guarantee that if you were to nationalise the water companies, as a few on this forum have a major erection about doing, investment would drop and the problem would probably get worse.

Just found this which is also interesting:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The word "first" @Raven?

Anyway @Deebs - they're going to blame cost. They're going to say they would have to redesign our entire sewerage system since the 1890's to put in proper capacity to deal with rainfall.

Of course, as someone who studied sewer design and treatment plant design at university, that's bullshit. They're just the pipes. IMO it's the treatment plants that need massive capacity uplift IMO.

But private companies won't do it. Aren't doing it. They're still paying shareholders because it's cheaper to be fined (not that they ever get fined) to dump raw shit into our watercourses.

As has ever been the case. We've not progressed on any environmental measure during my lifetime - but we have managed to put a shitload of species out of comission for good, and put huge swathes of other species, plants and animals, on the verge of extinction.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We're going to geoengineer. That's going to become hugely popular in ten years time.

Governments will do nothing - we'll be presented with a "fait accompli" - we have to do it, or the consequences will be catastrophic.

So the public will demand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom