SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Created entirely by the soon-to-be-pulled MS Paint

MS_Paint_Luke_Skywalker-medium_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqG5cDhXcHTK2NcV7xU_rqlbtcwaOzbNtojpBcFIYrLts.jpg

this HTML class. Value is http://www.telegraph

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just looked him up on Wiki. A lot of people in the card game rate Turner as the best in the world. Really impressive.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just looked him up on Wiki. A lot of people in the card game rate Turner as the best in the world. Really impressive.

Not surprised, despite his visual impairment he basically performs better than people with perfect vision.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just had a look at going to the cinema tomorrow to watch the planet of the apes films.

£21.98 for the 2 of us.

Yeah, no.

Will wait for the pirate copy, thanks.

Probably quite telling that the entire seating plan was unbooked and available too.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
IIRC Warner Bros Pilsworth (best cinema ever) was £3.60 to watch Terminator 2 when that came out.

I always laugh at the anti-piracy ads they run. The film industry is swimming in cash.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just had a look at going to the cinema tomorrow to watch the planet of the apes films.

£21.98 for the 2 of us.

Yeah, no.

Will wait for the pirate copy, thanks.

Probably quite telling that the entire seating plan was unbooked and available too.

Cheap. I've just been to my local IMAX and it was €18.50 (which in Brexit pounds is about 4 million) each. Was actually packed out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Did you have a post it note with "mug" written on it, attached to your forehead?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
? I got it from twitter. Some one posted it there.

Not sure what your point is.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If you think the cinemas = the film industry, then you're sadly mistaken. The film industry pushes new technology causing already financially challenged cinemas to invest in new equipment. Smaller cinemas are closing down because they can't do the latest iMAX or 3D gimmick.

But have fun on your sofa eating microwaved popcorn watching the movie on your 5 year old TV with most likely horrible sound.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Cheap. I've just been to my local IMAX and it was €18.50 (which in Brexit pounds is about 4 million) each. Was actually packed out.

It's actually £12.50 at the Imax, a forex of 1.48 :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If you think the cinemas = the film industry, then you're sadly mistaken. The film industry pushes new technology causing already financially challenged cinemas to invest in new equipment. Smaller cinemas are closing down because they can't do the latest iMAX or 3D gimmick.

But have fun on your sofa eating microwaved popcorn watching the movie on your 5 year old TV with most likely horrible sound.

So what you are saying is, I should feel sad for the cinemas and help them out? Would they feel sad and help me out if I wanted to buy a new TV?

If they lowered their prices they would have more bums on seats, more revenue. Their fixed costs wouldn't change.

You only need to see the price of their food to see how greedy they are.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

I have actually used the service twice and it has been pretty good. Charges are 20 GBP for consultation by video chat then 8 GBP for raising a prescription and you pick it up (& pay for meds) at local pharmacy. Have used the mobile app and the web service from laptop both worked fine.

Great for me as I do not have a GP in UK set up yet in Cornwall.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
So what you are saying is, I should feel sad for the cinemas and help them out? Would they feel sad and help me out if I wanted to buy a new TV?

If they lowered their prices they would have more bums on seats, more revenue. Their fixed costs wouldn't change.

You only need to see the price of their food to see how greedy they are.
No. What I am saying is that going to the cinema is an experience. Much like going to a fancy restaurant.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I just find the cinema a bit of a horribly greedy, consumerist experience though. Crap food charged at a fortune, sitting beside the great unwashed, folk that talk and check their phones.

I don't mind paying a premium at a fancy restaurant if the food is delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom