Advice This tablet any good ?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Behind the "THIS IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY" bollocks, it looks shit. Get a Nexus 7.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yes, Nexus 7 definately. The spec on that cheapo is a bit rubbish, infact very rubbish.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Behind the "THIS IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY" bollocks, it looks shit. Get a Nexus 7.

Well it's not really bollox as im a member :p

Workmate got one and it seems decent, im not looking to set the world on fire i just want something i can have in the car/around work and not have a ministroke over if it breaks/gets stolen

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well it's not really bollox as im a member :p

Workmate got one and it seems decent, im not looking to set the world on fire i just want something i can have in the car/around work and not have a ministroke over if it breaks/gets stolen

It's very old tech from what I can see in the specs, single core, average clockspeed, not a huge amount of memory and contstructed by a pretty much non-name vendor. It's a bargain bin tabet and the RRP is laughable, they don't even quote the screen resolution.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Hmm might wait until windows 8 is released and see if there is something better out there after christmas

opticle

Part of the furniture
What tablet(s) would you guys generally recommend as "best" ?

I keep being tempted to get one, but as I don't really know much (and cba to), I assume any tablet is shite if its not Apple / Samsung.. And I've been put off Android tablets as when I've used display models, they don't seem to run particularly fast / smooth..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm might wait until windows 8 is released and see if there is something better out there after christmas

The full Win 8 tablets will be expensive as they are very very powerful machines. The Win 8 tablets should start around the £200 mark or less and obliterate that cheapo you linked too. As said above, the Nexus 7 is a fantastic stopgap.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What tablet(s) would you guys generally recommend as "best" ?

I keep being tempted to get one, but as I don't really know much (and cba to), I assume any tablet is shite if its not Apple / Samsung.. And I've been put off Android tablets as when I've used display models, they don't seem to run particularly fast / smooth..

The iPad's are generally excellent, much as I despise Apple. However I would wait for the announcement of the iPad mini which will be iPad 2 performance at roughly half the price. If you want android there are rich selection of good units, the Nexus 7 is the sweet spot for many at the moment though as it is plenty powerful and cheap to buy. Personally I will be waiting on an x86 Win8 platform, be it it a phone or a tablet with phone support. My current Hannspad is a great media and browsing machine, more than powerful enough for everything I do recreationally so I am going to wait on an upgrade and maximise on my current investment.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
The full Win 8 tablets will be expensive as they are very very powerful machines. The Win 8 tablets should start around the £200 mark or less and obliterate that cheapo you linked too. As said above, the Nexus 7 is a fantastic stopgap.

Nexus/Bottom end Win8 Tablet is shall be then i guess, thanks :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Shame the Nexus 7 doesn't have a memory slot for SD cards, i'd have been tempted by that had it had one.

I've been wanting one for ages, family member asked what ones they should look at, since they're rich i did say to check the iPads out, but nrrrrg.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
7-8 inch screen is fine for what i need 10 would be too big really, SD slot would be nice but not the end of the world

Gray

FH is my second home
Just ordered Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7'Had the SD slot i wanted, and means i don't have to buy an iPad. yay

150.00 was not bad at all, plus there was something about clubcard points which i dont use so.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Nope, its not particularly good.

As a cheap Android tablet it is exactly what you'd expect. Cheap low res screen (800x600, ouch!) and a processor that feels sluggish doing pretty much anything at all.

The only points in its favour would be it comes with a pretty decent case/cover for the tablet & the manufacturer has been far better than most at releasing Android updates.

Add another a few quid to the budget a pick up a Nexus 7. Screen passes the 'good enough' test easily and it feels quick unlike almost anything else at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom