this should be fun.....

O

old.xBaboon

just been reading thru my daily forum trawl and came across this....

Posted by Mephit in the news on rocketarena.org (9/12):
Earlier this evening it was brought to my attention that a RA3 cheat package was released publically. This is not just a wallhack. It also has an aimbot, nosepak, radar, enemy health teller, and a few other "features". Thousands of players on the ETG network viewed this link.

apparently it works just fine on non-pure servers too. there's a link to an avi of it in action, but as of yet i cant get to it

cheat0r vid

just wondering what the BW take on this is, continue as normal, move to cpma or what? :/

what a crap crap thing to happen to such a fun mod

O

old.The Fixer

Yeah, i noticed that on rocketarena.org a few days ago.

The way i'm thinking right now is we play this season as we are and hope that the Q3 pr is released soon. Once thats out crt should make his final build of ra3 available. When he does we take a look and see how his cheat protection is and if he's addressed any of the other concerns, admin functions, uneven team play in comp mode etc.

If everything is fine we continue to play ra3 if not we move over to cpma for season 4.

O

old.NightStrike

pr 1.30 is out tonight

regarding the final release of ra3 which will follow.......
Following my interview with him (crt) a few months back he said he would give the changes that people wanted.

O

old.The Fixer

Originally posted by NightStrike
pr 1.30 is out tonight

I'm downloading it now...basts waited until i posted before they released it :).

Now this is out the ball is firmly in crt's court, lets hope he makes it right this time.

B

bigfoot

We're having some "issues" with our Ra3 servers currently so they have not been upgraded yet, but hopefully will be later today.

On a related note about cheating im sure there are aimbots and wallhacks and all sorts of loverly fun things which work with cpma aswell as Ra3, so that shouldn't necessarilly be a reason to move over to cpma. That said, cpma could be the way to go if Ra3's next build is a steaming pile of iNf corpses.

O

old.cheef

It's a shame, because RA3 apparently works fine with Q3 1.3 - I say shame because this will no doubt now give crt no inclination to update the mod as we were expecting with the new PR release.

I was kinda hoping for RA3 to be b0rked with 1.3, which could have then actually meant crt would have to have done some work and sorted the final build of ra3 out.

Ho hum

O

old.xBaboon

just out of interest, was there any paticular reason for changing the league servers to non-pure for the last cup and presumably the next season?

B

bigfoot

I'm not 100% certain about this but the only Q3 v1.3 servers i have seen running Ra3 are Linux ones, there is a chance that it may not work with Windows servers.....

O

old.NightStrike

erm xbaboon the bw ra3 servers (bwra3l) have always been unpure. Which I think is a gift for cheaters personally. Ok people will argue that there were cheats for q31.27 that worked on pure servers but the ones that are easier to find were ones that needed an unpure server to run on

O

old.xBaboon

oops couldve sworn they were pure, nm
/me goes back to sleep

:cowsleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom