This phone problem im getting... has stumped me :/

Gray

FH is my second home
Right, heres the scenario, i have two cordless BT-Synergy 2100 phones.

One of them is on a large base-station (Which a few weeks ago was used as my phone in my bedroom - It has a power cable and phone cable) and the other is on a small base station (which only has power cable).

I was sick and tired of the size of the large base-station in my room, so come up with the idea to unclog the desk if i could use the smaller version base-station. The smaller base station was used beforehand downstairs in the living room, along with the other primary phone which my mum uses (Cordless seems to technical for her? :/).

When i take the large base-station down, i connect it up with the other primary phone, but find that the large base-station has now taken "over" as being the primary (Both are answering machines, but the Synergy answering machine has my brothers voice on the answering machine, which is sometimes spooky because he died a few years ago, but its also good because it makes us remember him, so we didnt wanna write over it.

This is getting confusing to explain now, but, my mum couldnt get the normal house phone to work apparently, so therefor wanted to disconnect the base-station from the phone socket. And once again the normal phone starts ringing. It wouldnt have bothered me, but the fact was the small base-station now occupying in my room doesnt work, so im ripping my hair out. I dont know WHY it doesnt work, the power is on, but i just cant ring in or out.

I get pissed off today and finally decide to put them back in the original places, i get the large base-station etc... Only now it doesnt work, and its thrown me as to why. I plugged the one downstairs in, but that one dont work either, so what used to work... now doesnt.

If i could go deeper into convo i would, but i dont know what you wanna know, so ask questions and hopefully then answer my question :/

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Are you connecting the base-unit into the same socket as the mums-phone, i.e. using a Y-connector or something ?

Also note that the sockets are in some sort of loop from the "master" socket, so there obviously is some form of priority going on.

The small base station is not connected to the phone system, it communicates with the large base unit, so if that is not plugged in then none of them will work.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
The BT Synergy phones have to set themselves to the base station and one has to be set as the primary phone, there is an option in the 'TAM' menu to find base station etc. Try doing that again, primary first, then secondary.

TAM menu is on the handset display(if your model has one).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
uk phones only need 3 wires (my dad used to work for BT), so its obviously a problem with your phone setup, rather than the wiring in the house.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Gray

FH is my second home
Hm, i aint sorted it yet, but im pretty certain its something to do with the Base Station itself.

There is no ringtone coming from it when i ring the phone, altho the line is fine because i checked it with a normal phone.

I checked around to see if i could find any manual for the Synergy 2150 base station, which i found, and followed all of it but it didnt help.

I have:

● Changed the Dial tone to PULSE, but it didnt make a difference
● Not set a priority on the handsets (When an incoming call comes in)
● Registered the Handsets on the Base Unit (Both handsets worked on one Base Unit... and there dont seem to be a problem because i can use upto 5 on it).
● Set the network from PSTN to PBX but im none the wiser.
● Went back to PSTN and added random number (22) as the "PSTN Prefix", again to no avail.

Also, i dont think it has anything to do with the TAM (Answer Machine) as i didnt have any problems with it originally :(

Im losing hope :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just a thought, but not all telephone splitters are the same. My fax machine has a splitter that only works with itself. If you disconnect the translucent plastic plug from the fax machine, and connect it to another, it doesn't like it.

Perhaps try fiddling around with the cables/splitters you have. Also, check the REN numbers on each device, make sure they don't add up to more than 5.

If I were you, I'd unplug everything, and then try just your small base station, with nothing else plugged in.

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
If you're not getting a dial tone when you pick up the handset then it's most likely to be a connection issue. The telephone cable for your Synergy base station may be faulty.

Try plugging your mum's wired phone into the extension socket in your bedroom to check if it works.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yip, i tried that earlier... The wired phone works, altho there is a bit of background interference (like a crackling?)...

I also took my USB Filter off, and also the phone socket thing.. (So the Synergy was alone)... That didnt work either...

So it got me a bit confused :/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The crackling could just be a noisy line. My dad had it for a while, he complained several times, but they did nothing. Then he phoned up and told them that it was the tin conductor degrading in the local junction box. Sure enough, an engineer called, and diagnosed that exact problem. Because its too expensive to dig up the whole multicore cable, he just used another line. Problem solved.

Your best bet Gray is to pull everything out, get the manual for each unit, and start from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom