This new patch...

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Do u think a lot of the changes are a bit.. ott ?

Like the new procs and stuff added in and some of the new spells, yknow like Friars andValkyries etc.. I shuldnt pass judgement without playing it yet but it sounds like theyre goin overboard a bit with some of the classes.

Hope it doesnt spiral out of control, what do u think :eek: ?

Gamah

Banned
They have turned Valk from gimped toons to overpowered melee classes, while classes like Minstrels/skalds are left outdated with old utilitys no one wants any more.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
They have turned Valk from gimped toons to overpowered melee classes, while classes like Minstrels/skalds are left outdated with old utilitys no one wants any more.

Well apparently there is going to be a music classes patch love at some point, but i mean, all this healing crap they giving friars off melee moves and all the new proc buffs, true friars did need a bit of love (especially the old 50staff move was pointless and the old holy staff) but even tho im making one, the stuff they given them is a bit ott imo, apparently they can take like 6 yellows at once pve wise without a soddin FoH. Valkyres HoT is supposed to make them ridiculous one on one etc.. Im not saying they shuldnt have been updated cos they shuld have, but its maybe a little too much..
Whats next, 2s recast timer for Bonedancers LT :p

Hehe im overacting a bit maybe but yknow..

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
looks to me like they tring to make it dark age of tankalot still...

instead of nerfing caster damage, they are giving improved healing and stuff - idea being i suppose to make fights last longer.

i would love to see some mincer love :) - their DPS is just farfar to low

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
rampant said:
looks to me like they tring to make it dark age of tankalot still...

still? we've had "dark age of castalot" for well over a year and a half before the so called nerf. wich imo, wasent big enough.

as long as casters can get capped casting speed without a damage penalty, theres always room for more caster nerfs.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

We like having a skald in the group. Gives us options and its very hard to win a mezz war if you are moving slowly.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Imo give skalds some heal procs like valkyrie, friar and warden :D

Everz

FH is my second home
Ctuchik said:
still? we've had "dark age of castalot" for well over a year and a half before the so called nerf. wich imo, wasent big enough.

as long as casters can get capped casting speed without a damage penalty, theres always room for more caster nerfs.

i had to lol at this, casters dont need more nerfs :/

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
stun - nuke - interrupted - melee stunned - whack whack - dead

kkthx

Balance between caster and tank is good at the moment. Oh? You play a solo melee class in RvR and get nuked down by the caster zergs? Tough titties!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
friars are still useless for groups, you go on drunkenfriar.com and say how overpowered they are and prepare for the biggest bitch slap of your life!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Lots of old school classes have been left behind in the game, while mythic tweak up the newer ones, nerf them then tweak them again. Who needs skalds and minstrels when croc ring runies or sorcs do the speed work, as well as the damage output. Thats all skalds and minis used to be good for, now not even that.

And with wizzies doing bolt range 800+ damage per nuke, its also like bolt>debuff>bolt>nuke> dead tank these days still, and I guess always will be. Then we get to the baseline stun thing and I say no more..

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I say witht he castspeeds. Hybrids get teh shaft. They can't take enough damage, they can't do enough damage. They can interupt abit.

Frankly the interutps don't mean alot, most casters run around with MoC these days.

This is the reason they beef them up tbh. Melee procs go strait through physical defence.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
And with wizzies doing bolt range 800+ damage per nuke, its also like bolt>debuff>bolt>nuke> dead tank these days still, and I guess always will be.

I guess maybe cos I'm only a RR3 Fire Wiz, but though I often hit other casters for 6-700 damage, I hit furied main tanks for more like 100-150. Fury is your friend. You'd also find the second bolt in the above is liable to miss (in this patch), as the tank will probably be in considered in combat.

Darzil

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Mythic's strategy is always going to be criticised by those who suffer from each set of class changes, it would appear that they are currently looking at each type of class (hybrids, healers, music, etc) and giving them a boost or nerf as appropriate. Now I don't know whether they are making these changes whilst taking into account the bigger picture or not, but because they are staggered over several patches there will be periods that some classes will feel harder done by than others.

Whether they've gone over the top - well we'll have to wait until all the class changes have been completed before we can decide that, but it will mean that everyone will have to change their tactics when dealing with the improved classes. When reading the patch notes, instead of shouting "Omg OP" think how you will counter the changes.

I personally think the recent changes have been a good thing, but we'll only know their true effect once all classes have been updated.

Fen

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
find valk is fine as it is.... next patch going to make them not only op but very fotm.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom