This is what I got from GOA(t)

Z

zuuma

Personal Information Problem.

Discussion Thread
Response (CS) 11/03/2003 03:24 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately we do not change Subscription password under any means.
As stated in the EULA par 4
" You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for any damage, harm, lost or deleted characters, etc. resulting from your disclosure or allowing the disclosure of any password or from use by any person of your password to gain access to your Account."

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Customer (************) 11/02/2003 04:03 AM
Hello!
I have bought this Account new in the store at webhallen.com and I still have the receipt. The other day I was trying to get a New Game-Password without success, I thought you hade some delay on the server or something so I waited 24 hours for the new Game-Password but I got none. After a while I thought I will search where the problem might be so I went to Personal-Information and got shocked when I saw someone elses Information and E-Mail there. I changed it back to my information and sent for a new Game-Password, but then i realized that this other person had gotten my Subscription-Password. My request is that I would like to have a new Subscription-Password since this cannot have been near my fault what happend.

I mean, this is my brand-new DAoC Account and all of an sudden someone elses Personal-Information is in there. How is that possible?

Thanks in Advance

W

Waok

This is not true, they changed my Subscription password.

I requested that they change that and both my game password.

Reason is, I was being hacked peridodically throughout a course of a month, in which time, my character also got deleted.

The char was restored and my subs/game p/w's were amended.

I may have been lucky ;-)

The easy solution would be to send the game back to your seller, explain the situation, and try and get your money back / get another copy.

I'm sure they woudnt have aproblem with doing so, if they do, its probably illegal, and you can threaten them with legal action :p

W

Whisperess

Talk to Webhallen, let them know someone is using the CD-keys to games they sell before they're actually sold and that you should be entitled to a new copy.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Whisperess
Talk to Webhallen, let them know someone is using the CD-keys to games they sell before they're actually sold and that you should be entitled to a new copy.

how can they get his sub pw by knowing the CD-key?

K

Kallio

wierd, very wierd... Best I can figure out is that you have a trojan that sneds your personal information all over the place.

W

Whisperess

I thought the brand-new thingy was that he haden't even started playing it - just skimmed the post, my mistake.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Kallio
wierd, very wierd... Best I can figure out is that you have a trojan that sneds your personal information all over the place.

I'm willing to bet someone other than himself knows the passwords, or he keeps them stored in a notepad file or somesuch.

CD key does absolutely nothing except identify your purchase when creating an account, it grants no access whatsoever to your account details.

Sub passwords have been changed in the past (i know 2 people who have changed theirs when they bought accounts on Ebay), but perhaps they have changed their EULA recently, who knows?

D

deadkid

prolly pc security breach... orrrr.. GOA wants to play ur newbie chars :(

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by zuuma
Personal Information Problem.

Discussion Thread
Response (CS) 11/03/2003 03:24 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately we do not change Subscription password under any means.
As stated in the EULA par 4
" You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for any damage, harm, lost or deleted characters, etc. resulting from your disclosure or allowing the disclosure of any password or from use by any person of your password to gain access to your Account."

Regards,

I would ask them to prove it wasn't their systems being hacked again, I mean lets face it, they more or less have a record for it.

On to the next question...

Seems they don't pay heed to their own EULA, as they changed all the subscription passwords a few short months ago. Which says to me that it is possible for that information to be hacked externally, otherwise why change it?

lastly, not only you, but GOA too is responsible for YOUR personal information under EU law. I think there are legal avenues you can follow with regards to his. I shudder to think that GOA with their record have access to my personal details...

Z

zuuma

The only way this could have happend is from GOA.. they changed the personal information, might sound a bit crazy but I know this for a fact. They changed my personal information from one account to another and put the other persons information in my account. This new account has nothing to do with another one.

K

Khalen

Probably some shitface who bought the game, wrote everything down and then returned the game because it wasn't what he expected. Resulting in a completely useless game cd and one dude running a game which he didn't even buy. You see this a lot in shops nowadays. I've one time seen some dude who was just writing the cdkey down on some paper in the shop and I said this to the employee who was working there and he just shrugged and let the dude go on.... Only way I see is either by returning it to the shop and explain what is going on (and maybe they can even trace back the former buyer to sue him for the game).

Hmm I read you just bought an account... better buy a box next time? :-\

Z

zuuma

Originally posted by Khalen
Probably some shitface who bought the game, wrote everything down and then returned the game because it wasn't what he expected. Resulting in a completely useless game cd and one dude running a game which he didn't even buy. You see this a lot in shops nowadays. I've one time seen some dude who was just writing the cdkey down on some paper in the shop and I said this to the employee who was working there and he just shrugged and let the dude go on.... Only way I see is either by returning it to the shop and explain what is going on (and maybe they can even trace back the former buyer to sue him for the game).

No I bought it new with a box and all :p
Thing is , my information has been mixed with another accounts info. Like some evil tomte come and put ur vallet in my pocket and mine in ur..

G

Galiryn

Originally posted by Khalen

shops displaying game boxes with the manuals inside are stupid and deserves being ripped off imo

its like record shops displaying covers with the cd`s inside.. begging to be robbed

K

kahl

can be that goa fucked their database when they got hacked and some information chanced owners?

A

Arkian

Originally posted by Galiryn
shops displaying game boxes with the manuals inside are stupid and deserves being ripped off imo

its like record shops displaying covers with the cd`s inside.. begging to be robbed

That's a fairly strange perspective on crime, agreed that people should do what they can to avoid situations in the first place, but you honestly beleive that any shop deserves to be shoplifted?

K

kahl

Originally posted by Galiryn

I have never seen that in my country Denmark, and I often visit game stores to check out.

But yes if some do so, I would say its against the law..
These day you only buy a game to get the CD key.

C

choonz

Originally posted by Arkian
That's a fairly strange perspective on crime, agreed that people should do what they can to avoid situations in the first place, but you honestly beleive that any shop deserves to be shoplifted?

Edit: Misread

M

megahealer

i Tryed something strange too...
Someone had just bought a new copy of daoc...one whom he would use to make a bb on exc/alb.
When he logged on, he logged on with my bb since he had gotten my password! lucky me someone from my guild called me up and told me what had happened and i talked to the guy who had logged on with my bb.
He was as freek out by this as i was and we had a long talk and decided to contact the daoc team about the mixup....
i got exactly the same respons as u did, that i was responsible for keeping my PW safe and that it wasn,'t their fault..... Geez
Thank god, the guy was nice and didn't delete my charcs, i mean i had only 1 lvl 50 but the bb is lg armorcrafter, and the account had 2 vault keepers filled to the top with MP items from my other crafters.....
I still cannot today see how it can be my fault that they give my account away..... To an Alb on same server, while i play midgard!
OMG, what is this world comming too?

T

Telamon

It's actually pretty sucky if you have an account problem and cannot change master PWD :/

But Goa have a strange approach here too.

The first time my subscription was prolonged EVEN THOUGH
I DID NOT WANT TO AND HAD SPECIFICALLY CLICKED
"DO NOT - I REPEAT - DO NOT RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION".

I thought I had made a mistake. Ofc they would not refund
because I "alone are responsible for" my "credit card details".

Mhmm .. and I'm also repsonsible if you change the - PROLONG -
flag on some faggy excel sheet. Happened 3 times now and I
think I might have gotten it right at least 1 time :p

Whenever there's a prob they point at you and say

Account Prob : "You are responsible for your pwd and account security"

Subscription Prob : "You are responsible for your credit card mess"

Mhmm .. and what the feck is it CS does? Server maintenance? *Muahahahaaa*

Don't get me wrong I've talked to one nice guy at Goa - Zargar - who was very helpful and I think it might be a company policy thing. (And yer .. Users are a pain most of the time .. )

Z

zuuma

Originally posted by megahealer

I still cannot today see how it can be my fault that they give my account away..... To an Alb on same server, while i play midgard!
OMG, what is this world comming too?

Yep mate, and I got no saying in this, I can't do anything about it.
Power to the People, who's GOA's Paycheck?

Hackers starts to make sense almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom