This is taking the piss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
To answer a common question, there will be a small rollback to Wednesday morning. This is unavoidable as this is the latest salvageable database backup. As this is only a few hours it means that people should not lose too much, if you gained items, levels, etc after this point they will have been lost and we will be unable to restore them, if you had items or whatever before this point and they were lost as a result of the bug then they will be restored.

A "small rollback"? Previously you have claimed that "please contact our technical support so that they can restore it after checking that you had it before". Again GOA put the work-effort on us, the customers suffering from your bad service. You obviously have a database to compare the claims that the customers have. Then for crying out loud, restore it without people having to ask for it!

I previously posted my doubts in another thread, here I go again. Mods feel free to ban me, I do not care.

"The major part of both Mythic's and Goa's teams exclusively dedicated their work to it"
-How come GOA had manpower enough to go ahead with the clustering of the frensh servers if this was true?

"and thus we are happy to announce that the server will reopen on Monday."
-If GOA can claim this, why is there a need for testing the whole week-end?

"In order to avoid any bug propagation risk, we had to delete one or several objects in the inventories of a number of characters. We will naturally do the best we can to restore as many items as possible."
- "as many as possible", don´t you know what you have deleted?

"If you notice the disappearance of any non-tradeable object you won through a quest or an item needed to continue a quest, please contact our technical support so that they can restore it after checking that you had it before."
- Great, now it is up to me to remember what items that I have on all my characters. I got 7 level 50 chars and no, I do not remember exactly what I had on all of them. If you are able to check if I had an item or not when I submit a report to Right Now, why can you not do that yourself. Match the records that you claim that you have against what the caracters will have at the restart.

"Finally, for those who lost objects other from the kind of objects described above, the character concerned will be given money to compensate."
- How is money gonna compensate a rog item in a template? Will you also compensate the cost for making a new template? How will you evaluate rare drops that many people have put down great cost/time/effort to get?

"Furthermore, in order to compensate the disturbance inflicted to the players who were deprived of their server during this period, GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown."
- I would not expect less.

"in order to make up for the "wasted time" inflicted, all Prydwen's Realms will benefit from the maximum help granted to under-populated realms until Friday the 16th of September. This means the following bonuses :

Days for a free level : 2
Camp Bonus : 120%
RvR Bonus : 10%
Hookpoints Purchase : 50% reduction"
- Great for those able to take advantage of it, useless if you can not be on-line.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I won't be on Prydwen for a few weeks due to a house move so I'm only hoping that if I do notice something missing when I come back they'll replace it :)

Apart from that you have to admit they have done thier best. A few hours rollback is pretty good in my opinion and although I can't take advantage of the bonus period I think it's a fair compensation.

Little confused by the offer of in game cash for lost items though.. odd decision.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
shit thread tbh... closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom