This is it my friends...

T

Torvarg

The time for me to move on has come, I will be leaving albion sometime next week.
It's been a very nice time I must admit, it all started kinda funny;

One day at a LAN we all, me and three friends, got bored and decided to make 4 lurikeen rangers at the PvP server... after finally getting them to lvl6 we were so sick of going like "okay critshot on 3... 2... 1... NOW! *fwopp fwopp fwopp*" "Ahh on me, keeel!"... "okay great we got a orange mob, now let's rest for 5 min while I get more arrows"

So we decided to try something else instead, thus making 4 paladins at alb/excal; Sirtorvarg ThePurpleKnight ( me :) ), Sirwylf TheWhiteKnight, Sirgrinay TheBlackKnight and Sircrushalot TheRedKnight.
XP:ing with a 4 pally only group was so über we played non-stop for way to long =)
We kept the concept of only inviting pallys to the group for almost until lvl40, when AC came.

For those who haven't tried it, give it a go if you've already got every class you want/need :) Healchants and guard in a circle is so uber in PvM.

I'm sure some of you saw us running around all colored looking goofy pallys =) We marched around in Goth. Harbour and people thought it was some kind of event and started following us, you should have seen the train of people :)

The endless chase to get ahold of 4 full sets of plate, oh how I cursed Keltoi :D I'd like to thank the helpful girl who gave me some nice parts, but my memory fails to remember your name :(

And how I remember the day when we decided to take the BG2 keep, 4 paladins and a cleric (Thank you Celeban), was great fun, sure got alot of PM's after we took it "wth, there are ppl in BG2!?" "lol BG2 gj pally powwah"... those were the days.
http://home.no/statte/The_brave_blockbots.jpg
http://home.no/statte/The_five_brave_men.jpg

We created the guild "Spectral Knights", a pally only guild with the exception of our 5:th friend that joined later, a ice wizzie.

But times changed, we all dinged 50 except for Sircrushalot who got really busy with irl things :(
Sirgrinays computer was really crappy and kept crashing DAoC for him, we tried everything to fix it but didn't work out, so he's quit to now and is quite busy working.
Sirwylf and me were the last of the paladins that continued playing.

We had some great duo-times together, the one I remember most is when we took two of those knights down under Umbroods and one Umbrood Warrior at the same time :D Unbuffed and without FH.

Well anyways, both Wylf and I sat down one day and discussed things a bit, came to the conclusion that neither of us had tried Hibernia and thought we should give it a try before we quit DAoC.

I only took Sirtorvarg to RR3L6 but I feel happy with what I've done in RvR, but after seeing how RvR is like without a "RvR guild" I became rather tired. The last RR I soloed mostly in DF, logging out at mid side, trying to find some equal lvl midds to duel.

Worked well, I'm sorry to all the greycons that gave their lives, but most started hitting me and died from the reactive DoT proccs in my shield :(
/military to all the mids that actually dueled the purple paladin.

But now that Sirwylf has left I am left alone here, all the friends I've made have either moved or left DAoC, and I'm sad to say that now it is my turn to leave you all.

Would like to take the time to thank some people that have been helpful during my time here at alb/excal, in no special order:

* Faolain/Tain: For the best group ever down in cats, your great company helped us keep xp:ing for hours and hours.

* Beano and his wife Kiraldan: For helping me getting my EQ SC:ed and procced. Thank you for the time you put into it.

* The entire "Hellsing Corperation" guild, our 'RvR' group didn't get where we wanted but it was a nice try I must say. Hope I see you again somewhere Stomme and Co.

* Mickael Knight: you were a super nice member of our guild, it's a shame we never got to say goodbye to you, if you read this I want you to know we missed you in Avalon City.

* Celeban: For helping us taking BG2. Nice work mate \o/

* Handojin and Muylatrix (spelling): For the nice PBAoE group we had at hib shredders.

* Martha: For selling me the sword+shield I needed so badly, and for salvaging stuff for me.

* Yazz / Yazze: For selling me the lvl51 99% full plate set.

* And to all the other people which I may have forgotten, thank you for a great time in albion.

Puh, this took some time to write I must admit, but if you've read this far please continue.

Now that I'm leaving albion I would like to trade away all the stuff that I've gathered throu my time here in albion:

Various amonts of Random-generated stuff.

My full lvl51 (AF 102) 99% purple plate set, all +5overcharged and procced with ablative proccs, along with my 99% sword and shield also +5OC and procced with DoT's.

The cash I have left on my paladin ~2 Plat.

I am also trading away all the jewelry/bracers/etc., using my set with my jewelry will cap Str/Dex/Con + 200HP + Capped every resist + Max slash/shield/2p from max parry.
Very useful for both pallys and armsmen.

The best thing would be to do a direct transfer with someone hib/excal, since Wylf has already started playing there he can take the stuff for me. But otherwise I can trade to mid/prydwen, on which I will later trade back to hib/excal... tricky I know but that is the only way :/

You can contact me in-game for now at alb/excal, send a tell to Sirtorvarg. Or you can talk to me at mid/pryd, named Torvarg over there. Otherwise my mail is mattias_stattin@hotmail.com for those who might want to use that.

I will be around for some more days in albion, really hope i can get someone to trade with me.

I will still go by the name of Torvarg when I change to hiberina so gimme a /wave or two when/if you ever see me :)

To all those who once knew me, /military.

Farewell Albion, we will meet again.

[EDIT: Please do not turn this into a "to much" disucssion or a flamewar/postfarming]

Thank you "The Corperation", Mindrat, Greg G, Cili and Co. for one last wonderful RvR group.

W

wylf

Hail brothers and sisters of albion. And hail no noble brother in arms SirTorvarg.

SirWylf here, signing out along with torvarg... my days in Hib have already started. Got a lvl 16 hero there now named Wylf...

so if you ever get killed by me in Bg´s or Emain... you know you deserved it =)

untill we meet again.

B

Bellona

never knew u, but gl, hib is good for a change.. but it just aint the same as alb...

R

Repent Reloaded

qual on those screens suck, u must have a fubar PC, bwahaha

T

Torvarg

Originally posted by Repent Reloaded

Every thought that I might have cut em down in quality so they lake less space?
I kindly asked not to post useless replys... but noo noo.

N

-Nuked-

most people just say a few lines, you know that right? :D

R

Repent Reloaded

Every thought that I might have cut em down in quality so they lake less space?
u can tell if a pic looses qual due to resizing or its shite PC, in this case, its shite.

H

hellraisermk2

u can tell if a pic looses qual due to resizing or its shite PC, in this case, its shite.

And he should care.... why?

R

redknapp

/bow to a good Alb and a worthy opponent.

You must really hate Mids huh Torvarg :).

V

vintervargen

repent, shut the fuck up in a good bye thread, which is the best ive ever read.

the few times ive fought you in odin's you were _fooking_ hard, even tho i think you were unbuffed.

gotta try that only pally grp sometime, wicked ;)

if hib = hib/excal i can always help you with some lowbie items or smth :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I remember grouping with you guys in Keltoi. You were all a good laugh. :)

...or maybe we were just in the same room. I forget. I don't even remember which character I was playing at the time. :-O

Despite my growing dementia, you were all nice guys and have fun in Hibernia. :)

D

dunny_dunny

Cya later mate, real chame that your going :(

Was great grouping with you in AC when i was in Hellsing. Hope everything works out for u buddy=)

Goodluck!

T

Torvarg

Originally posted by vintervargen
repent, shut the fuck up in a good bye thread, which is the best ive ever read.

the few times ive fought you in odin's you were _fooking_ hard, even tho i think you were unbuffed.

gotta try that only pally grp sometime, wicked ;)

if hib = hib/excal i can always help you with some lowbie items or smth :)

Hehe this is how I spent most of "my last days" wandering the lands of Odins gate, always unbuffed thou :)
Love to fight stealthers 1 on 1, seldom happens but when it does it's fun :)

B

Belomar

See you, Sir Torvarg, and have fun whatever you. Albion will miss you.

T

Torvarg

I would need some help from the hib/excal players with one thing thou;
I'm crosstrading from alb/excal to my char at mid/pryd.
And from mid/pryd I will crosstrade to hib/excal, so if you want to trade up to around 5 plat to your possible alt at mid/pryd, please say so here or try PM:ing me in-game at mid as Torvarg.

As soon as Aligro answers... :)

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Torvarg
don't think anyone read that far :eek7: but gl :)

Y

yeahyeah

If he does have, as u put it, a "fubar" PC, he can always splash out and buy a new one. However, u will always be a complete nobody that wears black sleeveless tops.

Torvarg. Really enjoyed your parting tale, so much better than a line or two. Have fun in hib.

M

minau

sniff sniff, almost got a tear in my eye, dont know u m8, but lemme know and il hook u up with gear/cash/boofs.. btw that was a mighty daoc history, il bet ur friends will miss u.

T

Torvarg

Oh I forgot one person thou:
I'd like to thank Gloria of "The Dragon-Fighters" for joining me on one of my epics.

Man doing all the pally quests from like level20 and up to 50 in one day can make you hate DAoC =)

C

Caex

Welcome onboard to hib Torvarg nice to see you again. If you need anything on hib so just pm me. Maybe i can get a new lowbie scrennie on you again that one i have is over a year old on you :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hib
Duana Cernach Warden
Caex Hero
Malt Whisky NS
Conall Bard
Mid/Pryd
Gangrad Hunter

S

Solstice

Good luck in Hibbie Land m8, got some good screenies of ur rainbow pallie squad at bridge in Avalon Marsh. I though it was some kind of event :D

I'll try to post some of them when ill get home

K

kinag

Good luck, I have to be honest with you.... I didnt read it all :p

T

Torvarg

Originally posted by kinag
Good luck, I have to be honest with you.... I didnt read it all :p

Still respect you for not posting something along the line of what "Repent Reloaded" did.
Cheers :)

L

Lothiractred

I read it all ;D
But I never ever saw you in RvR or something as I can remmeber as the mid guy I am... but GL :)
Was good reading for me as I'm pretty bored

C

~Clarky~

Sirtorvarg ThePurpleKnight

ur the twat who spammed my necro with /slap like 50 times becasue i wouldnt help you lvl when i was in lyonesse.

L

Lothiractred

that was very necessary to say...
why not take all the good things of him if he's leaving? and leave the bad behind? imo you're a twat

T

Torvarg

Originally posted by [AoP]Abra
ur the twat who spammed my necro with /slap like 50 times becasue i wouldnt help you lvl when i was in lyonesse.

Or not, I've never done that so don't come accusing me of it.

Users who are viewing this thread