This is fucked up!

T

the_fnord

I just heard on the news that the swedish minister of forign affairs Anna Lindh died at the hospital! Yesterday she was knifed while shopping in Stockholm! The motiv is belived to be her standing in the ongoing EMU election here in sweden.
Isnt that just fucked up? Sumone getting killed just for having a certain belief? I know this happens all around the world all the time, but ffs sweden is suposed to be civilized.... :( :( :(

[Edit] Corrected from minister of finance to minister of forign affairs. [/Edit]

O

old.Atrox

Yes, it make you wonder where the hell we humans are going.

Freedom of Speech yea right :(

O

old.Isos

05.29 this morning she died
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

she was really good and only person that could possible be the next primeminster

This is an attack against swedish democracy and the guy who did this should be shot....
and not just that, its a violation of our open society.

R.I.P

S

szerena

This is such a sad day! I have not been able to keep my tears back while I watch the news! :(

Anna Lindh will be missed!

RIP:

T

the_fnord

If it was just a drunk, how come the guy isn't caught yet?
And there has been a big debate about how she's been promoting her views on the EMU-issue here in sweden...
Non the less, a public person that was elected by the swedish peeps (sum anyways) got murdered. Make u feel safe out there doesn't it?

N

ning

Does the murder want to cancel the sunday referendum ? He is stupid since according to the studies the "no" would have won ...

G

gengi

I am not Swedish, I do agree that this is fucked up.
Even if it turns out to be a random nutter looking for 15 minutes of fame, the press will make some conspiracy out of it, politicians from both sides of her stance on the Euro will try and make political capital out of it.
The really sad thing is no-one will write about 2 kids and a partners loss, till next year when a, nice human interest, page filler is needed for the paper.
Not just an attack on Sweden, an attack on freedom.

Gengee

O

old.job

The Swedish should count themselves lucky that politicians can usually walk the streets without bodyguards.

Such a high ranking politician in the UK would have armed bodyguards at all times. OK maybe cos we have nuclear weapons and invade countries on a regular basis.
But don't worry we won't invade Sweden, well until we run out of white people that is:cool:

T

the_fnord

The conspiracy-theories have allready started...
Heard/read loads of comparisons to the murder of Olof Palme (Former Prime minister) on the radio or in the papers... wonder where it all will end?

O

old.Isos

it brings tears to my eyes just seeing all these high leaders in Europe paying their respect... and she deserves it

even the sky cries today

and what the fuck is up with those yahoo people????

I belive for no chance this was some random baggraber that just picked her out of all of them people in NK...

maybe he just saw some of the prices in NK and got upset and stabbed the closest person

:m00:

A

Addlcove

Yahoo msg boards makes VN boards seem like a daycare center

O

old.Isos

aye damn Yahoo boards

got upset and threw myself into the discussion and tried to explained to them how "free" the citizen of USA are

F

Fafnir

Had the TV on all day at work watching this, not much update. Only about a 5 year old girl that was stabbed to death today, and her attacker where later arrested at a hospital 1 hour later.

The attacker was under mental care at the hospital and the police thinks he was influenced by the Anna Lindh murder.

R.I.P both of you.

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81222

O

old.Isos

think there is something about this 11 of september
this day has truly sucked and not just becuse of this murder

The only day that really deserves a beer...

O

old.Tohtori

Aye, rest in pieces some odd swedish chick.

What irks me the wrong way is that when a politician dies, it's a tragic and oh so sad day for all. But when a lamen(ya know, common) dies it's jsut another statistic.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Aye, rest in pieces some odd swedish chick.

What irks me the wrong way is that when a politician dies, it's a tragic and oh so sad day for all. But when a lamen(ya know, common) dies it's jsut another statistic.

True.
millions of people are dieing from aids, million of people dont have food for the day.
Still you'll see beckhams face on the cover of the newspaper.

O

old.Isos

The reason for that is that when people die from aids it isnt an attack on the democracy, this was

thats why it is big...

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by old.Isos
The reason for that is that when people die from aids it isnt an attack on the democracy, this was

thats why it is big...

true, but the aids issue is a lack of humanity.

Just pointet out that the press will never care about the real disasters.

O

old.Isos

well ever tried reading anythnig except Aftonbladet and Expressen? =)

OMG big brother Lindas silicon implants might be dangerous!!
Frontpage material !!!!!!

fucking hate those papers....

H

Hrogar

It's a strange thing this murder... a "normal" robber would never stab anyone to death like that, and especially not at NK that has like 30 guards over the place. But what message did he want out if it was a political murder? The only thing that's happened is like 10% of the swedes have switched sides from no to yes out of pity...
So it seems we're dealing with either a really stupid robber or an even more stupid radical. This is starting to look like another Palmekilling... they never caught that guy either, and he just gunned down a primeminister in the middle of Stockholm
It is tragic, not because she was a politician but because she was probably killed for her beliefs and left a husband and two small children behind.
RIP Anna Lindh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom