Help This f'ing volcano

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Gents,

I am looking to those who are well versed in travelling and may or may not have knowledge / advice on a situation that may affect me.

I'm trying to be prepared, but the wind has blown from the north for some time now (changing now and again) and it's giving Europe grief with the ash from Ejaculolfukkingskull. I will be flying to NYC June 10th from Glasgow airport and I am wondering what I may be able to do to protect myself from financial loss.

I booked the holiday (flight + hotel affair) through Expedia, so what should be my first preparatory steps? Check with Expedia's T's and C's? Arrange to get travel insurance now and with whom?

Any advice welcome.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You should ALWAYS book travel insurance the minute after you book your flights and hotels. It protects you from unexpected shit like this and the company going bust.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I know Chet (mutters *fuck*), but better late than never.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
You should ALWAYS book travel insurance the minute after you book your flights and hotels. It protects you from unexpected shit like this and the company going bust.

^ this. I'd be suprised if you'll be able to find any decent travel insurance at this stage that would allow you to claim for any disruption caused by the ash cloud.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The volcano is god's punishment for homosexuals.
If you don't act too faggy you'll be fine.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He drives a hair dresser mobile, I don't think he stands much chance :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well not stuff like this, as most insurance companies use that force majeure clause.

Usually trael companies will book you on another flight etc, so things can be organised and it's not that critical to have one. But then again if you want to be sure about everything, what Ch3t said.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Also as the volcano has already been exploding for a month or more .. no insurance company will insure against it stopping your flight if you book now

Just a suck it and see atm

either you will or wont

the airline has a responsibility to rebook or refund if you dont fly so that all you willg et .. no options on hotles if you booked tho

StRaNgEdAyS

Fledgling Freddie
I'm still trying to find out if Iceland has sufficient carbon credits to operate that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom