Rant This carbon footprint bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone actually care?

I certainly don't.

Granted it may have some truth behind it but simply put - I could give a flying monkeys bollocks.

I'll leave my TV on as long as I need it, i'll use my computer for extended periods of time. This whole rationing of leccy is just bollocks really.

Wow it might save me a minor payment on my leccy bill, whoopdy doo.

Once again it just seems to be another thing for people to get on their high horse over and make you feel like the bad person for leaving the TV on in the background while you're doing stuff.

I'd prefer not to have some greenpeace twat and whatever else leaning over my back guilt tripping me into giving a shit. :eek:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The reasons for all this horse shit carbon footprint bollocks is to raise more tax from people and to sell green schemes to the terminally stupid.

I am all for getting rid of rubbish and keeping the place tidy but these whiners go to far.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Does anyone actually care?

I certainly don't.

Granted it may have some truth behind it but simply put - I could give a flying monkeys bollocks.

I'll leave my TV on as long as I need it, i'll use my computer for extended periods of time. This whole rationing of leccy is just bollocks really.

Wow it might save me a minor payment on my leccy bill, whoopdy doo.

Once again it just seems to be another thing for people to get on their high horse over and make you feel like the bad person for leaving the TV on in the background while you're doing stuff.

I'd prefer not to have some greenpeace twat and whatever else leaning over my back guilt tripping me into giving a shit. :eek:

then you not really doing your bit for the next generation are you?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I dont mind cleaning up my act to improve the quality of air I breathe, its the claims that somehow I'm causing the unbearable increase in global temperature I have a problem with =)

And I am sick to death of flights being increasingly taxed. If they want us to take the train, try making it cheaper than taking a flight =) A return flight from here (Scotland) down to Manchester is about £40. Good luck getting a return train journey for that much, not to mention its around 4x quicker =)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
ye don't mind doing a bit of recycling and reducing my pollution if i cba, but what i don't like is all this scare mongering that goes with it if i don't do it.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
i dont pay attention to carbon footprint, i just live sensibly and try to waste as little as possible for the simple reason that its a waste of money and resources which is needed more in some places along with filling our countries with holes of rubbish is pretty fucking bad so just recycle what you can

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH

TBFH By then I think they would have found a cleaner energy source.

I place my faith in science and not this stupid tossers who do nothing but bang on about the environment because generally - they're thick as pig shit.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
TBFH By then I think they would have found a cleaner energy source.

I place my faith in science and not this stupid tossers who do nothing but bang on about the environment because generally - they're thick as pig shit.

But they have a degree in Homeopathic Medicine, surely that counts for something? =)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Carbon footprint. Fuck its arse I dont care. It sounds like something the scientology gimps would come up with.

Only carbon footprint they'll get from me is when i ram my leather soled boot into their face

Chronictank

FH is my second home

if all you are doing is reducing your co2 you certainly are not.
reducing your carbon footprint is going to do sweet fuck all other than delay the inevtiable,
this is a fact

Instead of throwing your money down the co2 toilet, it should be spent on preparing for the inevitable
i.e. flood defences, sustainable fuel, food, clean water, etc...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'm doing my bit, I just sold my old VW Golf V5 for a shiny new Mustang GT. It's new so must be better for the enviroment! Plus the wife is sharing school pickups with next door neighbours. So, that's one 4x4 off the road for an hour a day.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If we don't recycle, the planet will be fine.
If we don't drive hybrids(how they are worse is a different topic altogether), the planets fine.
Even if we dump nuclear f*cking waste down our toilets every godsdamn morning, the planet will be fine.

It's the people who's f*cked. (borrowed from george carlin)

So if anyone wants me to "save the world", i tell 'em to f*ck off. If they want to "preserve future humanity", i might listen.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't drive so i make sure to use as much electricity as humanly possible. Then i get my bill and realise it probably wasn't such a good idea.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
as tohtori said, the planet is built to survive. i think the earth will survive much longer than the life on it.
i do think this carbon footprint stuff is just another 'control the masses' thing, if i want to go on a plane to go on holiday, i will. like if i was to go to edinburgh, i'd go on a plane because its faster and cheaper than the train.
but i try not to take carrier bags (i think they are wasteful - and i know just how many get used in an average weekend) and recycle what i can simply because that helps save resources.
we have energy saving bulbs in all the rooms upstairs, because it works out cheaper than replacing them every few months. not because it's saving money on the electricity bill.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
plastic, in a lot of things should stopped being produced I think, as it is such a wasteful object which is difficult to recycle, when the easy alternative is glass or biodegradable things. Milk bottles, should go back to glass definately, and plastic carrier bags should be all material or the paper bags.

Also, I think private jets should be abolished, especially pricks like John Travolta, cruising around whenever he wants to stretch his legs.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
plastic, in a lot of things should stopped being produced I think, as it is such a wasteful object which is difficult to recycle, when the easy alternative is glass or biodegradable things. Milk bottles, should go back to glass definately, and plastic carrier bags should be all material or the paper bags.

Also, I think private jets should be abolished, especially pricks like John Travolta, cruising around whenever he wants to stretch his legs.

Well, have to quote george carlin again:

"How the f*ck do we know that the planet didn't put us here to make plastic? Maybe it needs it for something."

noblok

Part of the furniture
Last week I ate some waffles which had a "bio-something" label on the packaging. They were wrapped in three different layers of plastic though. I laughed.

Helme

Resident Freddy
If I turn off my computers how will I stay warm during the winter?!?!?!?!??

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well i always unplug my tv/comp/microvave when i'm not home or not using them, saves me a few quid, that i can buy beer or whiskey with.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
heh, noticed this morning my PS2 was plugged in under the TV downstairs. Plugged it in when I moved into this house in Feb 07 but not used it yet :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
planet will be fine and dandy even if we blow it up with nuclear weps, destory the ozone, what ever.

makes me larf outloud that the the greens reckon we are to blame for global warming, but thats another story.

oh and u have china - pumping out more co2 then the crappy amount the "environmentally concious" ppl save on the old' carbon footprint. NOBODY will tell China to stop, and why the hell should they ?

The west has raped and pillaged the land since the Industrial revolution, and now the western powers have audacity to tell devloping countries to not do so..total hipocracy !

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
I think this goes to show that we cant rely on normal people to solve our problems.

But i do have to admit that i havent done anything to prevent global warming either.

The fact that the "i dont give a shit" people are the ones complaining the loudest when things go wrong is a bit ironic though. :m00:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
If it is all true then it is the biggest tragedy of the commons in human history.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The fact that the "i dont give a shit" people are the ones complaining the loudest when things go wrong is a bit ironic though. :m00:

And the fact that the people who do nothing, preach how ironic it is, is a bit hypocritical...if not even mroe ironic.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok,

paper bags consume more energy etc than to make plastic biodegradable bags. fact.
In my house I run 3 servers 24x7 and NOTHING is ever turned off at the plug, that is why god invented standby. Carbon footprint, green taxes are just there to make governments more money.

Until the big users, ie USA, China, India sign up it is all a waste of effort but not money.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom