thinking of respeccing my shammie to rvr spec

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the liked spec now?

she is RR3 with no points spent what RA's to get for?, what about a arti temp?

Cheers.

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
well i havent played for like 6 months now, but let me see if I can remember Minn's spec, hehe

44 aug and 31 cave (4 to mending, as far as i remember)

that spec work nicely, 31 cave gives u grey ae root, which is what u need imo, since u only use it for interruption..(and single root is baseline)
Nice with high aug... buff share.
RvR shamans job = interrupt (ae root, ae dis) + buff sharing, buff if someone dies (nice with high aug again)

about the ra's, hmm.... get som aug dex, aug acui, MCL1, purge1 (since u are only rr3 atm)
Maybe after some MOC, VR, MCL2, RM, aug con....

hope that helps you out a bit, Good luck

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
There are a couple of viable speccs....

Well there are a couple of viable rvr speccs atm...

1. 44 aug 31 cave 4 mend
2. 44 aug 28 cave 15 mend
3. 46 aug 23 cave 15 mend
4. 37 aug 39 cave 4 mend

Speccs 1 and 2 are the most usual fotm RvR speccs atm...

Specc 3 is the specc that I have seen in a few highrr shammys latly. Think its meant to get the red cold resists and red str/con buff but not really sure why the 46 in aug. (any active shammy with this spec feel free to fill in here!:)

Specc 4 is the old RvR specc. Atm Id say that it isnt as viable since most people in groups think you should have the red endregen (they dont want to waste the point in LW1). But if you are gonna solo atleast part of the time Id say this is still a usable spec if you can handle some annoying complaints from some people!:)

Well hope thats any help to ya...!:)

/Charmangle

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Hey Minn ^_^

Well, I think the pref specc around atm is:

44 Aug,
31 Cave,
4 Mend.
(My Specc at 5L7)

THOUGH, having red shears is nice.

You get end 5, str/dex/con shears, GREEN AoE root, yellow damage, blue bolt.
RR3 RAs - It's up to you honestly, the I totally respecced my RAs when I started RvRing. - VR2 and MCL (at RR3) - Not much, but the 900 group insta is quite nice ^_^ (Though it doesnt effect you :/)
Honestly, you chose your RAs :) Play with what you like.

Overbuffed - Stalker of Minn :p

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Bah spent to long editing to fill in with RAs and artis...

charmangle said:
Well there are a couple of viable rvr speccs atm...

1. 44 aug 31 cave 4 mend
2. 44 aug 28 cave 15 mend
3. 46 aug 23 cave 15 mend
4. 37 aug 39 cave 4 mend

Speccs 1 and 2 are the most usual fotm RvR speccs atm...

Specc 3 is the specc that I have seen in a few highrr shammys latly. Think its meant to get the red cold resists and red str/con buff but not really sure why the 46 in aug. (any active shammy with this spec feel free to fill in here!:)

Specc 4 is the old RvR specc. Atm Id say that it isnt as viable since most people in groups think you should have the red endregen (they dont want to waste the point in LW1). But if you are gonna solo atleast part of the time Id say this is still a usable spec if you can handle some annoying complaints from some people!:)

Well hope thats any help to ya...!:)

/Charmangle

Realm Abilites
Well with 20 realmpoints to spare I would get:
Moc 1, Purge 1, Mcl 1, Augdex2 and save the last point for later. (With the aim later on to have 1 higher in purge, 1 or 2 higher in augdex and way way later Ichor of the Deep (when you have points to spread around for fun)

The main point is to get your spells off...higher casting speed makes this easier (augdex and moc gives you the ability to keep putting your spells out there)

Artifacts
Well what you are after here is range, dexcap and some hpcap (apart from the usually important stuff like + skill resists etc)
Some artifacts with good utilties are: CloudSong, Cermonial Bracer, Guard of Valor, Gem of Lost memories, Jasinas Sash. (ofc there are alot more etc but those are a good start even though they are a abit hard to get)

Just check out a couple of the shammy templates around on this board or check VN boards (american servers boards. They have alot of temples there)

If you just want a decent nonarti template to start off with just go for 10% castingspeed, 25 dexcap, 100+ hpcap, some piety cap, a startdrop to switch items with (for buffbonus when you buff) and cap out resists, stats, skill etc.

Its farily easy to get this type of template just from semicheap items (lets say about 5p if you buy most of it. And 2p if you go out and do some quests yourself. (there are decent quest items out there)

Also remember to go out on merchants and always keep your inventory with powerpots and 1 or 2 waterbreathing pots.

MasterLevels
Your choice here is Perfector and go for atleast ML5 and preferably for ml8.

Well thats it I think anyone with some corrections or comments please feel free to fill in!:)

/Charmangle

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
46 aug 28 cave r0xxoooooooooo0r teh b0xx00000r osv

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
46 cave when you can afford good ra's (mof3 i think + the random actives you need such as mcl, moc and purge) is a good spec at rr5+ imo, which im gonna respec for later.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i would say 27cave/46aug/8mend but i'm not a shamanpro so i don't know if it's any good. 27cave for insta AoE-disease and 8 (somthing for cure poison), rest into aug for extra resists and red str/con.

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
46 cave when you can afford good ra's (mof3 i think + the random actives you need such as mcl, moc and purge) is a good spec at rr5+ imo, which im gonna respec for later.

46 cave ? :eek7: why ?

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Hey Minn ^_^

Well, I think the pref specc around atm is:

44 Aug,
31 Cave,
4 Mend.
(My Specc at 5L7)

THOUGH, having red shears is nice.

You get end 5, str/dex/con shears, GREEN AoE root, yellow damage, blue bolt.
RR3 RAs - It's up to you honestly, the I totally respecced my RAs when I started RvRing. - VR2 and MCL (at RR3) - Not much, but the 900 group insta is quite nice ^_^ (Though it doesnt effect you :/)
Honestly, you chose your RAs :) Play with what you like.

Overbuffed - Stalker of Minn :p

hehe sorry, my mistake... GREEN AoE root :p
again, long time since I have been playing, cant even remember the colour on my root, hehe
But now I know why I am thinking about grey AoE root, its because my druid has it :eek:

Taobitz

Fledgling Freddie
Minn said:
again, long time since I have been playing, cant even remember the colour on my root, hehe
But now I know why I am thinking about grey AoE root, its because my druid has it :eek:

hibbie scum!! and that rich coming from me.. im irish :eek7:

Overdriven

Minn said:

Not going to put it against you ^_^ Everyone makes mistakes.

By the way, if you don't have VR2 as a shaman you're a n00b ;o - VR2 saves peoples asses soooo many times.

Kanim

Banned
Old.Ilum said:
46 aug 28 cave r0xxoooooooooo0r teh b0xx00000r osv

27 cave tbh, poison + st disease cures are useful sometimes atleast :)

would also go for moc1 purge1 mcl1 vr1 at rr3, moc1 + shears + disease spam = balance.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Kanim said:
27 cave tbh, poison + st disease cures are useful sometimes atleast :)

would also go for moc1 purge1 mcl1 vr1 at rr3, moc1 + shears + disease spam = balance.

That sounds good, just need a toa temp now ;)

someone hook me up, pref without ubeh artis :(

Overdriven

Kanim said:
disease cures are useful sometimes atleast :)

ML1 perfector... Group Cure Disease, the only thing you really miss is cure poison, but that's not really a life saving deal

Brite

Banned
id go with the 46 cave idea

you would still be a better sham than over anyway :D

Overdriven

Brite said:
id go with the 46 cave idea

you would still be a better sham than over anyway :D

.......... Never!

Why the **** 46 Cave? oO

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Not going to put it against you ^_^ Everyone makes mistakes.

By the way, if you don't have VR2 as a shaman you're a n00b ;o - VR2 saves peoples asses soooo many times.

tsk, I DID mention VR :twak:

Kanim

Banned
Overdriven said:
ML1 perfector... Group Cure Disease, the only thing you really miss is cure poison, but that's not really a life saving deal

some diseases can only be cured with st one, the bladeshadow proc for sure and possibly ml10 disease proc weps. Although few people use these, whats the point of wasting spec points upping cave to 28 when you only need 27 for the pbae disease?

Overdriven

Kanim said:
some diseases can only be cured with st one, the bladeshadow proc for sure and possibly ml10 disease proc weps. Although few people use these, whats the point of wasting spec points upping cave to 28 when you only need 27 for the pbae disease?

Well, I actually use the green root which you get at 31 cave - And I've almost got MoF3 which makes it the equivalent to a level 48 spell, which gives it a hell of a less chance to resist.

But I wont go against you, though I suppose at a higher RR like RR6 on wards that would be a good specc since you'd have MoF3 and the root would be okay... I suppose.

Will give a better responce when I get back in later, it's 7:45AM and I need to leave for school in 5 min since I've got a really early exam today >.<

Overbuffed.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
yep thats the reason to spec 46 cave, not to completly waste the points (the idea was to get 26% cold so the elds can foad :p but then you get capped str/con and best aoe buff \o/)

Overdriven

Huntingtons said:
yep thats the reason to spec 46 cave, not to completly waste the points (the idea was to get 26% cold so the elds can foad :p but then you get capped str/con and best aoe buff \o/)

I think you mean 46 Aug :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom