thinking of getting daoc

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
There are worse times to start on the Prydwen/Excal cluster, as the second realm has just (today) been opened up on it (so people can play one realm on each server), which has led to lots of new starters on each realm.

Darzil

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Neffneff said:
with people like you around, i think i may do just that :) I dont understand why people get so sensitive about other people giving sound advice instead of misleading them into buffering their own gameplay.
Because I enjoy beeing at the EU server, and when we first get ahold of some new players, don't send them off to US! Everytime someone says something about buying this game, lots of you keep nagging them to join US instead!

And maybe the US server got a larger population, but if you're not living in the US! You wont notice any big diffrence between the US and EU population, since they play when there is night here in EU, and vice versa.

And yes I know, since I've tried.

There are also lots of friendly people willing to help our new players alot. I had no problems starting on albion even tho I knew almost noone, everyone was so friendly, and helped me with leveling/Items/Artis/CLs etc.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen said:
And maybe the US server got a larger population, but if you're not living in the US! You wont notice any big diffrence between the US and EU population, since they play when there is night here in EU, and vice versa.

RIGHT NOW, on the UK servers, all of them together..that's cluster/pvp AND classic, there is 1063 people online.

RIGHT NOW, on the US classic cluster alone, there is 1868.

over the next 2 hours i should imagine the US server will take off as well, and get even more people online.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
think for a new player it would be better to play US,

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
thinking about giving the US servers a go myself, anyone know the best place to get hold of a couple of CD keys?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
thinking about giving the US servers a go myself, anyone know the best place to get hold of a couple of CD keys?

goto www.camelotherald.com

and goto the download section..just click on it, and on that page you should be able to find some.

Neffneff said:
RIGHT NOW, on the UK servers, all of them together..that's cluster/pvp AND classic, there is 1063 people online.

RIGHT NOW, on the US classic cluster alone, there is 1868.

over the next 2 hours i should imagine the US server will take off as well, and get even more people online.

By some time tonight there will prolly be 1.8k people on Garth alone :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
rampant said:
so u would rather he buy the game - then spend several weeks playing with himself - not have anyone to level with - getting bored sh*tless and then not bothering to resubscribe - yea great way to go...

Or would you rather he got money and help from people here - then get powerlevelled to lvl50 - then goes out to rvr and gets his arse kicked to him because he isnt of a high enough rr / well equipped or understand his chars- so once again he quits

OR he plays in the US - gets levelling on servers which have more population - maybe staying for a bit longer than he would on EU servers...

for someone who is an E&E you are talking a load of balls!
Nope, Id rather yank lovers like you stop pointing players to the US, one of the things thats killed euro servers in the first place and why we have no players over here anymore because you beleive the grass is greener blah blah blah. It isnt, get over it, you killed euro daoc or at least helped. Being an E&E has little to do with it, but it does show Im more loyal to my player base than you are.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the thing pointing people away from EU is not US servers, its peoples shitty attitude towards others on EU, do you seriously think people find it fun to get outnumbered every single run and spend their time rebuffing running out then getting zerged again, fuck off.
Before you start bleating on about waaaa waaaa "they pay their subs", "they are nice guys irl" its the non adders that the ones that make people leave etc, the only people left are the idiot adders/zergers and the population is flatlining so it cant be the "elitists"
For any new people around the "elitists" are called that because they are better than the mongs of the game who need an excuse for lazy play.

in short, don't go anywhere near EU daoc unless you speak German, the community that is left on excal/pryd is a sorry seeping sore on the arse of the great community that it once was.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
Nope, Id rather yank lovers like you stop pointing players to the US, one of the things thats killed euro servers in the first place and why we have no players over here anymore because you beleive the grass is greener blah blah blah. It isnt, get over it, you killed euro daoc or at least helped. Being an E&E has little to do with it, but it does show Im more loyal to my player base than you are.
Read your posts in this thread few times, breath, read again and you should realise your posts are the most effective ones to scare people away from EU servers - none of the "yank lovers" are getting even near of your level :S

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Cry more QQ..GOA killed EU DAOC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom