Question Thinking of getting a tablet PC

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
If you're traveling the Adam has another thing over ipad. The Qi screen gives you crazy long battery life (20+hrs of usage), even more if you're using it in e-ink mode rather than LCD mode.

Obviously the e-ink leaves ipad trailing in the dust if you might want to read it outside or in direct sunlight.

Thats true, but for the quality of the screen, the eleven hour battery life on the ipad is pretty damn good. For surfing I prefer to use the ipad and stick to my kindle for ebooks to be honest. The app market is probably the bigest seller on the ipad and the real reason to get one. Android has some fantastic apps, but not really the same range or choice as Apples. Incidentally it looks like MS are looking at releasing an Office suite on Apples App Store.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I'm gonna buy a tablet as well, that Motorola XOOM comes out early Feb, waiting for Honeycomb basically.

Gonna use it for my stereo/satnav etc. in my car as well.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
The only problem with the Galaxy Tab is that Samsung have blocked most of the market content. They want you to use their own apps so they write their own versions and block the rest.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The only problem with the Galaxy Tab is that Samsung have blocked most of the market content. They want you to use their own apps so they write their own versions and block the rest.

Bullshit. The marketplace is completely open. I've downloaded loads of stuff from it, haven't used the Samsung marketplace once.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't buy the actual iPad, i was pretty tempted but i prefered to wait for the new version...that should come this summer i think.
On another hand, andrioid phone/tablets based are f******* impressive, really nice work they made.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Don't bother, Ipad 2 is just an overpriced and underwhelming refresh. No Retinadisplay for you Ipad 2, no no! :p

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
i still don't get paying that much so you can surf the internet on your sofa in a slightly different manner

Couldn't agree more.

if youre seen out with a tablet everyone thinks your a faggot.

No offence people here (famous last words) but when I people with tablets/ipads watching stuff I do just think 'show off twat' when a netbook does just as good a job if not better for lots of stuff. And yes, I have tried them in various guises.

Fair play if people like them though - whatever floats your boat etc. :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Couldn't agree more.

No offence people here (famous last words) but when I people with tablets/ipads watching stuff I do just think 'show off twat' when a netbook does just as good a job if not better for lots of stuff. And yes, I have tried them in various guises.

Fair play if people like them though - whatever floats your boat etc. :D

I spend alot of time on buses, coaches and trains plus I make half a dozen or more flights a year. Something like the NI Adam would be a godsend for me, a screen that is 100% comfortable on the eye for readings but is also a full capable browising and media machine. No netbook can offer me that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom