Thinking of coming to Planetside.

I

~INCOGNITO~

Dont really know much about the game so a couple of questions.

1.) Is it easy for a newcomer to settle in.
2.) Do you need to use headphone like CS?
3.) Do people use mics alot like CS?

R

Rigon-Noir-

It's probably one of the easiest games in the world to get into, check a few of the threads on here regarding PS and 99% of replies are positive ones.

Voice comm is up to you, if a squad starts and it asks you to join a VC,you don't have to, youll still be in squad.

Voice comms does add a lot more to a game, just as in CS and as your more likely to be playing with the same outfit people you will get used to the same voices. (only ever used voice on CS in clan matches and at most we managed 2 or 3 a week)

Our TS server is constantly running (bless you Screechy) and it's sometimes easier to see who's online before we even go in.

Like i say tho mate, not required to play, just up to you

F

Faeldawn

A lot of outfits use 3rd parth voice servers atm, Teamspeak is one my old outfit used to use.

P

[PS]Nova

One of the best things about PS imo is the fact that it is so easy to settle in (IF you have a good outfit, there's generally people from all three empires around on these boards if you need an outfit).

Also, it's wonderful on the casual player - you can log in and be in the middle of action within at the very most 10 minutes, usually a LOT less (dependent on which mode of transport you use to get to the battle - instant action is just that but it's random as to which battle it puts you in).

I have also found a wonderful lack of bitchiness about logging after a short time. In DAoC I wasn't very good at staying in the same group for 7 hours on end, and I always seemed to get into the groups that would bitch if I wanted to leave after an hour or two. In Planetside, doesn't matter when you have to leave, you'll just get a see you later or byebye comment - no nastiness.

But then again, that could just be our outfit :)

If you do play VS and want an outfit, Sovereign Guard are almost all ex-daoc (or we were at start, still have quite a few ex-daoc players). Webpage is http://www.planetside.org.uk, fill in the recruitment form on there or go to our forums (linked off site) and post on there about it. Or talk to one of our officers in-game, although we only have about 5 that can invite at the moment - myself (Nova), Wicoa, Gravity, DrClink and Venom.

</recruitment spiel> :p

EDIT: damn forgot to say, we don't use voice comms as of yet, the outfit may move to using them, but at the moment we don't.

I

~INCOGNITO~

Originally posted by [PS]Nova
One of the best things about PS imo is the fact that it is so easy to settle in (IF you have a good outfit, there's generally people from all three empires around on these boards if you need an outfit).

Also, it's wonderful on the casual player - you can log in and be in the middle of action within at the very most 10 minutes, usually a LOT less (dependent on which mode of transport you use to get to the battle - instant action is just that but it's random as to which battle it puts you in).

I have also found a wonderful lack of bitchiness about logging after a short time. In DAoC I wasn't very good at staying in the same group for 7 hours on end, and I always seemed to get into the groups that would bitch if I wanted to leave after an hour or two. In Planetside, doesn't matter when you have to leave, you'll just get a see you later or byebye comment - no nastiness.

But then again, that could just be our outfit :)

If you do play VS and want an outfit, Sovereign Guard are almost all ex-daoc (or we were at start, still have quite a few ex-daoc players). Webpage is http://www.planetside.org.uk, fill in the recruitment form on there or go to our forums (linked off site) and post on there about it. Or talk to one of our officers in-game, although we only have about 5 that can invite at the moment - myself (Nova), Wicoa, Gravity, DrClink and Venom.

</recruitment spiel> :p

EDIT: damn forgot to say, we don't use voice comms as of yet, the outfit may move to using them, but at the moment we don't.

Thanks all for the replies.

I fancy playing the Vanu race (sory cant remember exact name). So if thats where you are id love to join up with you guys. Voice comms not great for me as i have a 4 month old baby & i can get quite excitable while playing & as i only get to play after 10pm dont think the wife would apreciate me waking him up.

Casual is great for me as well due to feeds and sometimes only being able to play for an hour.

Ill pop down game today and i may see you soon.

P

[PS]Nova

Well as I said, pop to our website or message boards, or catch one of our officers online.

A good time to catch us is either Sunday after 8pm or Wed after 8pm as those are our current times for outfit raids, but they may be changing to Mon/Wed soon :)

(It's Vanu Sovereignty by the way!)

Users who are viewing this thread