Thinking of coming back to DAoC. US or UK servers

H

hammerfist

I'm an Old player who got fed up with the GOA fubar release of DAoC. However I'm tired of AC, and hacked off with AC2, don't want to play EQ again, not going anywhere near AO again, and just forget about UO.

I could wait for Shadowbane, and SWG, however I actually really like the game of DAoC and only quit because of GOA and there weren't any significant number of Europen players on the US servers.

However now it seems the US server pops are pretty good even in off-peak hours, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere on Nimue. Excalibur wasn't bad either as long as there weren't any Orden Hispanica in the region :).

I've decided to buy SI, however do I take the risk with GOA and play on the Euro servers (any RP servers ?).
Has GOA improved since the days of 1.45, or is it the same old non-existent support with patches 2-3 months behind US, unstable servers etc. Have any events actually taken place, and are they any good ? Is there ever any weekend support?

Or do I go with US servers? Ping times were usually playable, get up to date patching, better choice of servers (pvp, white, roleplaying etc).

Anybody know of any good US servers with a decent european playerbase ?

Are there any servers that have just opened where I would be starting on a nearly open playing field ?

Any help or information on this subject would be much appreciated.

E

Envenom2

if u didnt like it then u wont like it now dont come back

S

skerit XP

You're acting like we have to wait years for those patches, to just always translate 1 patch at a time is pointless, to do a whole bunch of them is smarter, so the time between v blabla and version blabla.2 is just as long with us, as it is with them..; Did you catch anythin of that? :D

There have been events, just none that I know about :)

D

deffy

If you only quit because of the blundering fools at goa I suggest you go to the US servers, I would have gone there myself but I foolishly trusted goa to do a smooth SI release, needless to say they didn't. The only reasons I'm not going are because I just paid for SI and I can't be arsed getting to 50 again, even though it doesn't take that long thats not really the point is it? Anyway as far as the game is concerned it gets better all the time, Give the US servers a shot if nothing else it'll pass the time till your next game ;)

Users who are viewing this thread