Think you can do better?

O

old.Wildfire

wildfire.jpg

Go on then. Give a list of items and where they can be obtained, that will give me a better overall set of stats and resists than are there. Don't bother mentioning SC - I don't have the cash for it.

A

ab_fluid

go farm DF/Tangs/DM like everyone else does, its really not that hard, u can sell a diamond seal for 10g a piece, cloth armour is cheapest to but for SC so count yourself lucky ur not wearing plate.

K

Kagato.

Be honest, you just wanted to post a fancy screenie of yourself looking cool huh ? :D

O

old.Wildfire

Those aren't answers, individual items are all very "ooh, ahh" but come on, show me a setup that tops that without using SC. You've all had a good laugh at my expense, now come on, lets see what you can come up with that's so much better.

A

Aussie-

god your fucky lazy or smth?

99qua cloth is fuckcheap, doesnt even take 2h DF to get 1plat

R

Rollie_David

old pic from a rr3 cleric with no buffs cause i was dead in that pic

dont blame others for your inability to sort your resists.

oldpic.jpg

O

old.Wildfire

another non-helpful non-answer from aussie there
edit: and another from morphene

do I look like a cleric to you? cloth and caster items

:wall:

R

Rollie_David

all the items on that cleric are from df and common drops, how about u go look for yourself u lazy bastard instead of whining in irc.

O

old.Wildfire

And another! gratz. You're missing the point that you lot have had a good laugh slagging off my setup, so come on, if you're going to do that, at least have something to back yourselves up with. If you can do better, do it. Otherwise, shut up.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Yet another 'Ooo, look at me! I am sooo fooking cool!' post from Wildfire! ~yawns~

O

old.Wildfire

So many pointless posts in such little space.

Post something useful or don't bother posting at all. I'm sick of the game and sick of the people. Really not in the mood for this. Put your money where your mouths are instead of throwing random insults at me.

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
So many pointless posts in such little space.

Post something useful or don't bother posting at all. I'm sick of the game and sick of the people. Really not in the mood for this. Put your money where your mouths are instead of throwing random insults at me.

Don't know bout alb but in hib farming epic zone mobs usually result in drops of uber rings. Also farming df is easy cash - green con rocots drop seals + cash, seals can be sold off for 1g each so you can make 1p in a very short space of time. Cash farming + sc armor is the way.

D

Draylor

Sorry - but its another unhelpful post Im afraid.

In the time it would take you to find any items that could improve your current setup you could easily farm the gold needed for a cheap set of SC gear.

Its not worth the time/effort to camp mobs for a couple of hours hoping for the right drop anymore, SC has destroyed any point there ever was in it - with the exception of a handful of items. Theres items in SI that'd help - but without SC'd cloth its a bit of a waste of time.

No doubt your less than happy at seeing the previously good set of equipment youd collected wasted overnight by SC, but it wont take much to sort it out.

T

Trinilim

atm I have:

10% crush
26% slash
10% thrust
29% heat
11% cold
3% matter
29% body
24% spirit
17% energy

unbuffed.

and stats are:

136 str
232 con
272 dex
200 quick
140 piety

buffed with self buffs.

imo, do the secret orders quest for a very good resist bracer

T

Treniel-

get 2x Veiled Bracer of Eyes and that will sort 3 of your resists out. The melee resists i stuggle with myself got like 29% 20% and 24% atm i think the best bet is to get sum 99% SC stuff and shove resists on them. Jewel of evil enaminations will give u +4 to all melee resists and the grannite belt does similar so thats about 10% or so onto them...but seeing as u not posted what u got atm :p

r7 muppet (wow agreed with Aussie) :rolleyes:

H

hotrat

Ok a serious reply at last
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=36415
that post has nice info on good items for a caster and quoting myself
its ichor lined pants, that drops off Fester (epic mob) in llyn barfog
12 dex, 27 hits, 7 con 14% slash
i use infernal black diamond bracers for the 10 con and 10 dex

stone of evil emantation Jewel, from barrows, hits 27, heat 4% energy 4% spirit 4%

Legendary Afanc in llyn barfog drops a very nice caster cloak
con, dex, int etc

Silken soultorn robe hits 30, int 10, dex 10, heat 8% DF diamond merchant

Ichor lined sleeves str 7 matter 12% cold 12% hits 36 pts

epic boots, ice magic 6 pts, dex 16, body 8%, energy 8%

Silken Soultorn gloves int 12, dex 10, con 10 spirit 8%

epic cap. spirit 8%, crush 8%, int 21 dex 13

final resists:

crush: 10%
slash: 17%
Thrust: 6%
Heat: 21%
Cold: 29%
Matter: 15%
Body 17%
Spirit: 28%
Energy: 21%

capped dex, capped int, +11 cold and 950 hits.
Since then I found Cailionder Robe which improved things a little more. Further improvements would be rings from cornwall giants and vieled bracer of eyes.

J

Jiggs

erm wildfire, it will take you some time to farm all these items/ do the quests....

so why not just spend the time farming umbral hulks...

and get it tailored exactly how you want

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
And another! gratz. You're missing the point that you lot have had a good laugh slagging off my setup, so come on, if you're going to do that, at least have something to back yourselves up with. If you can do better, do it. Otherwise, shut up.

Someone post Outlaw's stats pre-SC or something. You = pwned. :)

J

jua-cosmos-jua

sorry wild but .. you can do better than that.. 947 hp and 9% slash?.... no wonder that day sub run to you non-hammster and nailed you down with one hit.......... prolly sbs kill you with 2-3 hits max too :)

K

Khalen

LOL make your own template :p lazy people these days

K

K0nah

my wiz had capped cold/heat/energy/body and 10% to all 3 melees before SC and no uber items... but i had to put some thought into it :rolleyes:

now he wears some pieces of heavily overcharged 99% cloth and some parts epic armour. dont tell me u cant afford 1-1.5p for your main char? i spent that on my wiz and hes a hobby char fs :p

if u ask very, very nicely in-game i _might_ send u my "El Cheepo" SC template...

u gotta remember folks: this is the guy who asks guildies to think of a name for his new alts ;)

A

Apathy

Oh dear God Waffle! That's awful...

stats.jpg

That's with no buffs and no amazing itamz or anything. With the second best str/con buff from a cleric and the base purple con buff from a friar, I am just under 1300 hp.

However, you will note the +5 to Empathy that I put in there at the very start.

From your +charisma, I assume you are wearing the diamond bracer from DF too for the +con. My other bracer is a bracer of veiled eyes and I am about to get another one today. Yes, I got a friar and an armsman to lvl 41 so I could get two of those. Oh dear God.

OH DEAR GOD!

I have tonnes of money and an MP suit waiting for SC but...I don't have a clue what I want on it. I'm going to wait for SI to get some itamz from the new quests and then just sit down and work out what I want.

Get the spellcrafting calculator and go through it all bit by bit until you figure out what you want and need. It's pretty simple and seeing what your stats will end up as may give you a totally raging hardon which you can poke people with.

Maybe if you posted a list of what you are wearing just now along with their stats, it would be simpler to see how you are fucking it up. I mean...20% spirit compared to my 37%? And you're 2RR above me? Hahahahaha!

~lick~

You lazy cunt.

a.

O

old.LandShark

WF, 99%qua set of cloth is 500g. SCing it will be another few hundred g, max. Don't tell me you can't put under 1p together? You could do it in the amount of time it'll take to do secret orders quest once, fs!

B

brommix

still amazes me how polite and kind people are to eachother :)
Btw who is this nolby no namer? seems to keep popping up like a virus. I thought nolbyshitheads moved to prydwen long time ago since they couldnt face it here :)

A

Alrindel

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't know enough about alb items to be able to offer any useful advice, but I will definitely be donating as many blunt FFB arrows to you as I can in the near future. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom