Impressed Think you are good at riding offtrail?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bit of the old red bull rampage, presuming this year? Cool eh? :)

I rather mince down much smaller drops and smaller verticles. But I do love a ridge ride!

If it wasn't for the fact that I've got to have a job, I'd dearly love to burn my life up becoming that good. I didn't even think it was a thing when I was a nipper, otherwise I'd have done exactly that then :(

But still :)

I quite like this from Dan Atherton. Though his creation isn't being opened up to the public apparently (forestry commission being pussies):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfSJI0tUEeE

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Looks similar to my ride to school when I was a young lad

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Of course the fisheye lens make it look like far more of a ridge than it is.
Im more into climbing than descending, but 2ft in the air would be exciting for me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How can you be "into climbing" when you've got an electric bike, the very reason for their existence being to make climbing easier? :/

Job

You still have to pedal like fuck, when I say climbing I'm talking 1000sft up steep rocky ascents.
Doing Snowdon next month, I could never climb that by myself, but it's still a major workout.

Did the Settle loop last week, that is a huge climb

mL03ofw.jpg

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bivvied on the top of snowdon last month - set off on my bike with a full backpack. Three hours up Llanberis path. Slept under the stars, woke in a thick fog.

Down the Rangers, over to telegraph valley, back into Llanberis. About 40 minutes down, with breaks for photos :)

Do it early doors @Job. Much more pleasant when you haven't got walkers getting in your way (and less scary for them). Don't go back down Llanberis (boring). Pete's Eats in Llanberis is good - or Cafe Gwynant near the start of the Watkin Path - my favourite cafe of all time :)

Job

Just watched vid..rangers looks good.
Well it looks like smashing over 6 inch wide rocks for a good bit, but thats what me downhill forks are for.

Job

Omg..Im going through brake pads every three months.
Went to metal on metal on todays ride...the frickin noise was unbelievable, people came out of their houses when I braked through the steep terraced roads.

Met these dudes in the northern hills.20181027_121127.jpg

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Omg..Im going through brake pads every three months.
Went to metal on metal on todays ride...the frickin noise was unbelievable, people came out of their houses when I braked through the steep terraced roads.

Met these dudes in the northern hills.View attachment 39403

Riding responsibility & safely then I assume?

I like it how you were one of the people that criticised cyclists yet you're the one giving them the bad name.

Job

By having grinding brakes on one ride.
Oh yes..Im sure they were writing to the Times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom