Think DAoC players QQ?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i think they actually have something to complain about though :) not every mmo that just about turns two years into existance and flushes everyones hard work down the drain. it may turn out to be great for SWG, though nobody will be playing it ofc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
everything, its like they wiped everyones RPs and levels, its a deletion of the old game and more like an SWG2.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
they had something like over 35 differant classes and brought them down to 9 and some other stuff ;)

Serosh

Fledgling Freddie
Not to mention that the remake was appearantly announced no less than 1 day AFTER they charged people's credit cards for the pre-order of an expansion for the to-be-canned-SWG.

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Serosh said:
Not to mention that the remake was appearantly announced no less than 1 day AFTER they charged people's credit cards for the pre-order of an expansion for the to-be-canned-SWG.

auch, thats sucks :x

Serosh

Fledgling Freddie
DrunkSkunk said:
auch, thats sucks :x

Yup, SOE offered a refund, but only after the forums went completely to hell. I sort of started following it after http://www.gucomics.com made a cartoon about it week or so ago, and i got to say that from what I filtered out of the flames, we have here a prime example of how NOT to handle an mmorpg. Appearantly te idea is to remake SWG in a console-playable game compatible with the playstation 3, question is if it'll work. I'm not too sure, but then again Star wars is a well-known franchise with a fanbase that can potentially rival Blizzard/WoW, we'll see I guess.

I have to admit it did raise my appreciation for Mythic a fair bit, DaoC is far from perfect, I hated ToA personally and moved to the US classic servers over it, but at least I never had a character of a class that was simply removed from the game (which did happen to a number of SWG classes)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
That thread was pretty funny .. untill someone on page 8 or so explains that the word "cancelled" is automaticly filtered out by the forum.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Freedom of speech anyone?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Bah, I bet GOA paid SOE to change that to lure me back to DAoC, I was having fun there too. :(

SWG pre-NGE Nerf had 39 different professions, and you could cross train in all of them as you wished. (Some professions had conditions as such that you had to have another profession first in order to train it.) For example, a pistoleer that could make his own guns. Or a creature handler that could also have some droids.

This lead to interesting builds and character diversity. SOE removed 30 of them.
SOE also removed character respeccing. Once you pick you're set for life.

Then they decided to change combat as well, now you have to manually aim and click, much like a FPS. Only, it's more laggy so you regularly hit the wrong mob instead.

Thank god they didn't change spacecombat. That's the only fun thing left now. :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Yupp they pretty much ruined my char I have been playing since release. Changed more or less everything. On top of that they charge me for an expansion I never ordered and charge me twice for the account.

It´s nothing but a big mess atm.

Brommix

Loyal Freddie
Well I can start out by saying that I will never ever touch a game where SOE is involved again, I started out by playing Everquest on pvp servers. I was soon to find out that once SOE bought the game alot of things changed, not only got we swarmed by oriental looking spacemen expansions the feel and gameplay just changed totally imo, that was the least of the changes the worst was the appearant and clearcut corruption taking place with the GM chars, there were a few controversial guilds on the pvp servers socalled crossteaming ones, I found out by some of their own members and from rl friends to some off them that they had access to the GMS, this resulted in widescale despair since you could never win a battle as a GM would show up and tell you to bug off if you got the upper hand, in the other case a defeat sometimes resulted in hours and hours of trying to retrieve your corpse from the claws of your opponents, I know of some that got corpse camped to the extent that their charecters decayed with their gear on and no GMs responded in time to help out. Another issue was the sudden influx of "blue" server charecters that were allowed to transfer to the PVP servers, blue servers were the non pvp servers where you could level in a safe and quiet environment therefore you levelled at twice the speed and usually got better gear, I found that most unethical and it didnt help that we werent allowed to transfer away from the pvp servers !. To me SOE is the worst kind of money grapping pigs you can imagine, I will never ever waste a minute of my time on any of their games again, they have no respect at all for their customers and the only way you can show how you feel and make a point is hitting them on their wallet.

Brommix

Loyal Freddie
On a side note, if I compore Sonys behaviour to Mythics then there is a world of difference, I realize that Mythic need and wants to make money to survive as a company, but I also have a feeling that they care about the integrity of the game and try to respect the customers who are playing it, Mythic does have some of the old crew from Everquest on board who left Verant when it was bought from Sony or Everquest bought by Sony, (not sure which applies tbh) But trust me they are a WORLD apart on how they aproach their customers. So yes lets not all get on Mythics back all the time cause to me Daoc is the best pvp rpg Ive tried sofar.

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
ouch :-(

I tried SWG about a year ago, tbh i did enjoy it because of the multi-class..iir i was a CH & was gunna be a Bounty hunter with my carbine wepaon :)

but aye, tbh i had my doubts when SOE released a server for EQ2 which ALLOWED trading of items for REAL money & it was funny the way it was done...to give u an example... lets say it happened in DAoC:

When you sign up for this server you enter your CC details which will be used for transactions in-game.

In chat i could drop the item in it for a link to the "to-be-customer" then tell the customer how much i want, they click on a buy button & oh la laaa... there Credit Card account gets debited the amount we agreed on & gets transferred to my account :)

I can see alot of scams with this tbh!

Customer is about to click buy... so you add another few digits quickly ^^ lol :p

But aye.. SoE = money grabbing fkwits which is why i left when i did, because i seen SWG going down hill fast. But on the other hand, they are (or were when i was playing it) doing a good job on EQ2 atm (apart from the trade server ofc! which imo will happen on ALL SOE games, EQ2 was just a test server for it) but in saying this, the players have a choice, they can stay on normal servers or go over to the trade servers, or use both :) & lets face it, some people buy items & stuff off ebay anywayz, all SOE are doing is cashing in on it to make the profit themselves!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the concept to sell items for IRL cash is something that would be financially in the interests of mmrpg companies to facilitate.

its a sad road to go down though especially if it means u got to pay more to compete.

god there must be some legal pitfalls there though.

I read the forums for SWG. quite funny though because basically they had a player base. They make a like significant change to the game (like totally changin it almost). And a huge chunk of your play base cancels.

Its like hmm. They might be onto summin we dont know about if its compatible with consol ps3. but tbh. Like a console is not a good vehicle for MMRPG, u need proper PC with keyboard, t'internet access to hit info sites, other t'internet communication tools etc..

I fink that the multi game console comminity is a different animal to the t'internet pc mmrpg community and u should not try and merge the 2. (yet)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
sad to see that one of the top MMOs has died (allomost). and it wasnt becouse ppl got fed of it, it was the owners who screwwed it up :X makes you think. what kind of morons live in the US

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
sad to see that one of the top MMOs has died (allomost). and it wasnt becouse ppl got fed of it, it was the owners who screwwed it up :X makes you think. what kind of morons live in the US

Isn't Sony a japanese company ? :s

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Even though there is alot of eBay'ing going around, it seems Mythic have a pretty tough stance on the subject compared to other MMO companies. Just check the last grab bag for their latest comments on the subject.

I have never tried a SoE product,but they sure do get alot of slack. :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Hm, after reading various SWG related forums, it would appear that it's LucasArts who is at fault instead of SOE. Though, SOE isn't entirely off the hook for doing it so sneaky and backstabbing. Apparently, some big guy at LucasArts decided SWG needed to feel more StarWarsy.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
having the option to use RL money less ppl will want to trade in game money like what happens in Cammy Cms etc.

I'm glad daoc doesnt have that, i mean if i want something (hypothetically) and i paid on ebay for it then thats my choice, i dont need to i could lvl for it or buy from a CM. But with the in game Real cash transfer i would be more likely, if i was selling something, to say nah give me real cash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom