Things to do till Prydwen opens

D

DeSlisser

Things to do:

1. Read a book (busy in Steven Erikson's Deadhouse Gates)
  2. Watch soccer: Brasil - Turkey GO BRASIL
  3. keep roaming these boards trying to get a higher post average then SFXman
  4. Jump your girlfriend :sex:
  5. play a lvl 1 char on another server :rolleyes:
  6. ?
    [/list=1]

No more came to mind.. wanna help me out here SFXman?

F

Flimgoblin

Start an alt on excalibur :)

friars have been boosted, as have infils... sorcs/minstrels get better charms.

No idea 'bout the other realms..

Playing post-wars with SFXman sounds fun though :)

(cept I'm waiting till I get to go home rather than till Pryd opens :))

Actually I think I'll do lunch instead...

S

SFXman

I can't connect to any Quakenet server so thus since I am not able to blabber on IRC in one of the many (~15) channels I am forced to blabber on around here.

D

DeSlisser

Playing post war with SFX will be though, his average is... don't freak out here peeps... 19.03 posts per day :eek6:

O

old.cerebus

Read the boards whilst at work, here's some tips :

Tut occasionally and looked stressed, always have some papers beside you and glance at them occasionally whilst typing to make it look like you're doing work.

I suggest the lowering of the eye brows and biting of the lip, that works when the boss is looking in my direction.

any more?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by DeSlisser
Playing post war with SFX will be though, his average is... don't freak out here peeps... 19.03 posts per day :eek6:
You know that it is actually closer to 30? But I have a long period of no posting at all after I registered and that counts in it too. It would be extremely funny to see how many posts I have one each day... today would be the new record I would say.

D

DeSlisser

Tirin click their names (in green) at the top of the forum page the person is in.. SFX for instance can be found mostly roaming the General Discussion or on a Prydwen Forum section..

S

SFXman

Click on someones "profile" button or their name...

D

DeSlisser

AH indeed SFX u can do that aswell... kinda didnt know that.

/em slaps himself for his ignorance

S

SFXman

You can't click the names in the threads as yo might have noticed, only the button but in the thread browsing you may click a thread creator or last poster name :p

O

old.Vittra

Originally posted by old.cerebus

Tut occasionally and looked stressed, always have some papers beside you and glance at them occasionally whilst typing to make it look like you're doing work.

I suggest the lowering of the eye brows and biting of the lip, that works when the boss is looking in my direction.

any more?

Or do as I do...

Open up the SQL Server Query Analyzer
Do a SELECT * on the largest, most complex table in the huge DB youre working on.
Maximize the window.
Switch to activity of your choice.
When you hear someone approaching your office, bring up the window, move closer to the screen and look really troubled.

(edit: typo)

S

SFXman

lol, wait till someones boss reads these "tips" :D

I have had the same thing in school sometimes when we are supposed to be working. Those biatches at school have made the computers so that if you play something on winamp all teh headphones in the class turn off!
We used to play CS for hours in there but it aint possible anymore :)

A

Anatole

any more?

hehe... the amount of times [Alt]+[Tab]ing back to the spreadsheet i should have been working on has saved me my job......

On the plus side, theyre employing me 8hrs a day for a job that takes about 2hrs overall... ah, the easy life...:sleeping:

S

SFXman

This job talk made me remember this case in my friends step-dad's workplace... he fired a few guys because they played games for two days straight :)
Internet company of some sort.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.cerebus

any more?

Be the boss .... well it works for me;)

K

krait

Things to do:

1. Read a book (busy in Steven Erikson's Deadhouse Gates)

[/list=1]

1. Good book that one...especially Coltaines March...best battle scenes i've ever read.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Jupitus

Be the boss .... well it works for me;)
I can imagine the situation :)
"Boss, are you playing Dark Age of Camelot during work?"
"NO, I am NOT! Remember that okay?"
"Yes sir, you are NOT playing DAoC... I will go continue my work now sir. Oh and... can I play too?"
"No! No-one plays a game during work. DAMNIT some mid just killed me ffs!"

F

Flimgoblin

Hrm I'd prefer 8hrs of work to do in the 8hrs I have here...

No work = dull :( day craaaaaaaaaawls by.

Would rather be busy and not posting here and have the day zoom past.

Yer quite right, SFXman is a hard poster to beat :) especially if you run off to the vgn boards occasionally

S

SFXman

Ewww IGN/VGN whatever boards. Whine whine whine whine ;)

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by SFXman

I can imagine the situation :)
"Boss, are you playing Dark Age of Camelot during work?"
"NO, I am NOT! Remember that okay?"
"Yes sir, you are NOT playing DAoC... I will go continue my work now sir. Oh and... can I play too?"
"No! No-one plays a game during work. DAMNIT some mid just killed me ffs!"

:( actually I can't play here as I reckon our network administrators would be a little suspicious when I request the ports on our corporate firewall to be opened up... :rolleyes:

Anatole, I'd LOVE an assistant. I have a massive backlog of WORK here you can be given on day one :p

S

SFXman

Why don't you... well... "convince" them to allow you to pass through :)

S

SFXman

GREAT invention there buddy. Welcome to the (wh)IGN(e) boards, enjoy (not) your stay.

F

Flimgoblin

It's like a really frantic game of whackamole.

A

Anatole

Hrm I'd prefer 8hrs of work to do in the 8hrs I have here...

No work = dull day craaaaaaaaaawls by.

Tell me about it.......

My previous employer made me learn to program MS Access databases to the point where I was doing better than a £200 a day consulatant... then the company closed my department :( Now I'm stuck temping earning £5ph for a job a poorly trained monkey can do........ all cos I dont have a piece of paper that says I can program databases........

But I'm not stressed about it... DIE WATER BEETLES, DIE!!!! DESTROY!!! KILL!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!.... ahem... scuse me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom