Things to do in DAoC when yo're bored. Help the community.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
1: Collect groups:

I did this in SW:G for a whole day with total sel-fish(mmm)-nes. Though some people liked to send me cash for it, which was nice. You basicly gather a group, appoint someone as the leader and start gathering a new one. Appointing a leader is automatic in daoc if i remember correctly...which wouldmake it even easier. It's like a minigame in the game and i, be it i'm a odd one, liked it. Just remember to say that you are just getting the group together so they don't go ape on you for leaving the group.

2: New player groups.

This is one that takes a bit more patience, but yet again, tons of fun. What you basicly do is:

-Create a new character.
-Get a group of new players together(should be some around :p )
-Play with them to level 10-15(or more).
-Teach them what you've learned of the game.
-Wish them luck in their endeavours.
-Delete character.
-Repeat.

I did this for a while in daoc way back when i was playing and i found it to be a lot of fun, helping new players get into the game and helping them to get together also. One of my "noob" groups formed a guild later on, or atleast some people named the same :p

It helps make new friends too, and when they go over your main chars level(cough), you have to feel a bit proud also.

3: Go coocoo with cashcash.

Check your money status, excess items, anything you got and hold a free for all "sale". Whenever i got my vault filled with useless old swords, armors and whatnot, i used to give them to new players out there. Sometimes i managed to "organise" (basicly shout my throat sore), a kind of a sale where i gave items to a good story, excuse or something along those lines.

As an example, someone wanted a level 20(or so) sword i got from some quest and didn't need myself. I asked for a reason, in a roleplay'i manner and he said something along the lines of, "oh good sir, my mother is sick and my father lost his leg to the evil njessi living in that there lake. I am their only son and i need a sword to help hunt for food so my family may eat." etc etc.

With the money, you can hold sprint races to new players, from galplen to gna the fastest, horse races(totally random how they go but still fun) and anything you can come up with.

These are just some things i used to do when bored. Also did storytellings, tried to fix the bridge in aganraganarmhmhmmh(SI town of midgard :p ) and so forth.

Do post your own,help the community/ bored times activities. Just thought these might help the new players, bring back a bit to the community and in whole, help DAoC live a bit longer(not that it's dying or anything in my opinion).

*bows*

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Brunore said:
W0rd.

And find *new* players is impossible. Because there are none.

Not true, I /leveled a shammy and helped out a level 10 hunter in nisses a few weeks ago.

/j

Funkybunny

Banned
what ive done ingame when bored...

FIND ME!

give a few simple hints.. first one to find you gets... 1p.. a good item... a free pick off ya cm or something like that..

money please!

create a new character... find a non lvl 50.. ask politely for a few coints.. if he gives you.. you log out.. and give him 100 times (or so) the money he gave you...

races.

in OF i got 8 or so people to make /lvl skalds... first one who made it from mpk to apk and die on the guards got a reward..

and craft.. :p

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
races.
in OF i got 8 or so people to make /lvl skalds... first one who made it from mpk to apk and die on the guards got a reward..
lol,this one sounds great.Wondering if we can do it on NF though

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
I used to run around Camelot Hills and Prydwen keep, giving a few G's to random noobs, then /sticking them and teaching them about the game.

Funkybunny

Banned
Leathas said:
lol,this one sounds great.Wondering if we can do it on NF though
here you see 4 of us trying to make it past mmg after getting slaughtered for the first time :)
was GREAT fun! :)
sshot067.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hey what happened to Luri racing?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
here you see 4 of us trying to make it past mmg after getting slaughtered for the first time :)
was GREAT fun! :)

aaaaaaaaaaaahhh the old frontierss.. :mad: :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I don't see people standing around now giving out buffs the way they use to. I remember when I first started on guinivere ages ago a shaman standing for a hour or so just handing out dam add and shield to anyone that came in range. Helped up a huge amount and was greatly appreciated by all us then noobies :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Done similar things, before my scout was 50 I would get real bored of leveling, so i'd roam round the lowbie areas stealthed watching, usually the graveyard between PK and cotswold village.

Theres a mob patrol near there that agros on anyone near it, an unusually high level mob for the area(mulgrut maggot or somthing), with 4 adds, huge agro range. I'd wait for it to agro on some poor lowbie, then rapid fire the adds down, bow and restealth :) sometimes gave them a couple of gold to get them going :)

done similar things in mithra.

As for other stuff to do, I'll always remember our alliance hide and seek in camelot day, was great fun, 1p or 500g prize, nothing major but good fun none the less (even more so as I managed to win, my pally had an advantage tho... stealf suit!!1, pink cloth with an orange fezz, priceless :D)

Always good fun like that to be had if you have a bit of imagination, Someone once suggested a race through emain to mpk, never got round to it though.

I'll already remember LoD's "legion of love" in emain, a group of inconnus in yellowish cloth, fezz's, with names like 'makepeacenotwar' etc etc, was right funny, apparently the hibs wubed em too :)

fortunefish

Banned
I used to every sunday go to prydwen bridge and find some level 1-15 take them to barrows and pl them to 24 so that they could have fun in BG serv necro + bb in barrows is fun aswell :))

Ezteq

Queen of OT
on me therg when i was bored i'd chase lowbies and buff them (one shouted at me one time and called me a leach rofl i corrected him and he couldnt have been more sorry).

also organised a pub quiz, the guild all met in a pub outside camelot and i organised some questions before hand (hint, type up questions and put them on macro b4 the event lol if you use the one finger search and destroy method of typing it takes years typing as you ask) on all sorts of topics in game and irl.

do a treasure hunt, set certain items to be found (you need a couple of people to run this) participants take 1st item to 1st person at destination one they then get told what to find next and where/who to take it to etc etc can be as long or short as you like.

trade meets, think most guilds do this but most guys have a load of outdated stuff in vaults that lowbies could find useful, anything left over gets salvaged and proceeds to guild vault or crafters fund or split in cash.

tbh i used to have loads of fun in daoc doing things that wernt built in parts of the game, then after a while people all got too serious to spend some time having fun

<goes off to cry for t'old days>

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Use to find me on my shaman at the level 1-5 camp buffing random people and spam hugging people who go to go on a horse... People thought it was strange, but you know... Never trust a shaman in pink. xD

Just some of the normal stuff tbh, go around roaming... Go solo in NF... Talk to guild members or try to convince my AS leader I deserve the right to spam in a non-spam alliance.

Or then go to my girlfriend IRL XD

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
I'll already remember LoD's "legion of love" in emain, a group of inconnus in yellowish cloth, fezz's, with names like 'makepeacenotwar' etc etc, was right funny, apparently the hibs wubed em too :)

Still got my char from that. We were all level 1 inconnus in the same uniforms, about 16 of us in total, and the only thing on the qbars were nice emotes :) Was great fun and most enemies responded well - except Black Company who ganked us with 2fg lol.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Some old timer mids might remember a guy called Mad Kobold that used to run about in spindelhalla and shit us up as at the time the mob was a deep purple

(mad kobold was also a mob xDD)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Brunore said:
Some old timer mids might remember a guy called Mad Kobold that used to run about in spindelhalla and shit us up as at the time the mob was a deep purple

(mad kobold was also a mob xDD)

Roflmao ya. :D Remember when everyone used Spindel, that ruled. :) When that weird mob walked upstairs and sometimes aggro and sometimes didn't...was freaky!

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
"oh good sir, my mother is sick and my father lost his leg to the evil njessi living in that there lake. I am their only son and i need a sword to help hunt for food so my family may eat."

Class :D

Used to run around in DF and buff random people, frigging and so on. Until they all got bb's and told me to cancel my buffs cause they wanted the buffbots buffs instead... :rolleyes: (for gods sake just cancel them yourselves instead of being complete arses)

Was some kobbie skald called cuddley something running around emain in rp clothing and hugging people etc, think he made a vidd as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom