Things in DAOC that make you smile..

Espen

Banned
thinking back to the times when thanes where the ones causing mass-ld's with their hammers .. :D 1 hammer-animation per enemy hit > all..

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing Trollium (Atos) running around the alb frontier solo, gives me the warm fuzzy feeling I had when I was a newb again, nice memories of seeing him running around emain as a bluecon fearless and blocking to much :worthy:

WE LOVE YOU ATOS :fluffle:

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Gribz0r said:
If you are a healer-class, remember the moment you dinged lvl 10 and started getting pm's from across the dungeon or even the realm with rezz requests? It didn't make me smile then, but it does when I think back now.

Yeah, remember that. The worst part is that they didn't care if you were on the other side of the world, just the matter of fact came and resurected them! Even tho, it might've been faster to just release and /pray.

What makes me smile, hmm. When new players uses /advice and start the sentence with "Hello, Lord Chosen"!

This thread brought back some memories tho, so gonna logg on my skald and deliver some platinum to the new players now!

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Nice thread!

Yea being a rezzer in the old days was so cool, ppl gave you gold for rezzing them :D
I would say remembering the good ol' days when everyone was noobs is the most fun :) But see thats the good thing with playing on the new classic servers, you get to experience the FUN of being a noob again (aka new realm!).
And going rvr at mid 40s only to see loads of bluecon skiltvaktens :D Great stuff.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Don't talk to me about those rez PMs. I didn't dare enter salisbury plains without going on anon for a long time since. :) I still think "Eh, better go on anon!" but then I realize SP is deserted. :(

Deserted newbie zones make me sad.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Think buffbots were one of the things that killed the game :(

Dorimor1

Banned
As Ozilia said, I remembered when everyone was a noob and we used to explore and learn about the world together, there is nothing like that now.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Gribz0r said:
If you are a healer-class, remember the moment you dinged lvl 10 and started getting pm's from across the dungeon or even the realm with rezz requests? It didn't make me smile then, but it does when I think back now.

my god i forgot you couldnt rezz until level 10, i remember playing my healer in nisses getting pms from people up past those spiders asking me to come to rezz em :D those were the days :D

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Mithra tomb :p or Muire tomb hate to love the mummy hags :p

or draging a fg of lvl 10-15's from pryd bridge to df when i first started

playing, only to find out that we couldnt enter cause we didnt own enuf

keeps :p that was confusing xD

Brite

Banned
Krissy said:
Seeing Trollium (Atos) running around the alb frontier solo, gives me the warm fuzzy feeling I had when I was a newb again, nice memories of seeing him running around emain as a bluecon fearless and blocking to much :worthy:

WE LOVE YOU ATOS :fluffle:

yeh before i even read that i was thinking trollum with his hammers :D and he sounds so happy when hes hammering on vent awwwwwww so cute :p

i miss the old zergs in darkness falls when we lost it, every mid goes to shredders/ x roads to stand defiantly ! greys and all hehe, and i miss blej pretending to go ld with relics :p

lets hopes darkness rising brings some more good times :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
i miss the old zergs in darkness falls when we lost it, every mid goes to shredders/ x roads to stand defiantly ! greys and all hehe

Indeed :)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
It has to be when i played prydwen and i logged on for 1st time and start in pryd keep going outside exploring evrywhere :) then going to humberton and castle savage seing the portal tabelt full of people going to rvr ahh the days:>

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
bring back old style frontier ports :)

and hanging about near the crabs in Midgard OF protecting the lowbie xp groups from the pesky scouts and rangers with my first zerker, big smiles about some of the fights i had back then

mudguts

Fledgling Freddie
tir na mbeo being the best place to bind when rvr

siabra island/lunantishee deathspam

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Lyonesse treegrps, mithra, plains, the portalpad FILLED with ppl going rvr...

And me always missing the port going to emain cause of my crappy 56k modem :worthy:

When the real Ambasher still played and we roamed OF odin's with The Prodigy GGs! Givf back OF! (Even if it's on a french server...)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Running out of the Tomb of Mithra with a tiny bit of heath, only to be smacked down by the guys with staffs outside.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Man /wipes a tear , ahh the joys =).

When i was lvl 8 getting into a grp and making lvl 12, as i could heal ( 7 in rej , yes i nearly gimped him ;P) and making it out to SP and seeing a sailsbury giant for the first time =) , went from lvl 8 to lvl 15 that day , was magic =). well untill i was watching a thuerg solo'ing a Sals giant, he rooted it and my machine crashed :twak:

Asking the all powerful lvl 50's for eb/haste at PKB bind =).

DF zergs , Always great fun.

Logging on mid/hib side of df waiting till they got df for about 4 hours , then logging on and pwning people ( very rarley would i pwn a lowbie, if they where blue , then they where fair game though).

Xp'ing with some now very dear friends, sometimes i think we lost xp, but still every night was a great laugh.

I smile now but i wasnt' back then, waiting 3 days for a enraged BWCA to pop , only to realise that there was 2 camps , head to the 2nd camp and there he is.

thinking back on my first lvl 50 rvr solo kill ... silly thane ;P

Getting to fight Quicksilver in the dueling Tourny ... man talk about asking for trouble :(

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
When someone on the PvP server asks "why did you kill me??? wtf did i do to offend you.....prick!" :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing new players. Really new players, not someone's twinked L50.

People exploring the game for the very first time, without trying to min/max their gear yet, happy with the drops they get from their kills.

The game has lost that innocense for me. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
when you log in and find a nice shaman bb standing where you logged (pvp ofc)

Crystal

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Seeing new players. Really new players, not someone's twinked L50.

People exploring the game for the very first time, without trying to min/max their gear yet, happy with the drops they get from their kills.

The game has lost that innocense for me. :)

Thats ME!

Played for 1 week now, and lots of things i see in DAOC atm makes me smile. Just yesterday, i was running in some Stygia Desert at level 47 and SUDDENLY a BIG Sphinx came running through me from the behind OMG i was scared IRL. Made me smile afterwards :)

Also, a person msg'd me, saying welcome to Hib, and gave me a weapon i could use, and still use. Made me smile also, nice to get such a welcome, allthough i want to earn my stuff myself.

People /tell'ing me ... asking for advice. Makes me smile, since i have no clue about the game :p

Also a person helped me get Belt of Sun, and bought the book for me, made me smile also... he is from the guild i joined.

And finally, the most recent, getting my first artifact, ALL by myself... Golden Scarab Vest.. made me smile irl ALOT, i AM quite happy about that one, took forever to get Scarabs, but faction was not so bad, did it while i leveled. I bought 2 of the scrolls, and found the last one while i xp'd.

Also, seeing all these posts made me smile, i hope i will have the same fun adventures ingame in the future.

I am level 48 now, about to get ingame and smile some more :)

/crystal

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Crystal said:
Thats ME!

Played for 1 week now, and lots of things i see in DAOC atm makes me smile. Just yesterday, i was running in some Stygia Desert at level 47 and SUDDENLY a BIG Sphinx came running through me from the behind OMG i was scared IRL. Made me smile afterwards :)

Also, a person msg'd me, saying welcome to Hib, and gave me a weapon i could use, and still use. Made me smile also, nice to get such a welcome, allthough i want to earn my stuff myself.

People /tell'ing me ... asking for advice. Makes me smile, since i have no clue about the game :p

Also a person helped me get Belt of Sun, and bought the book for me, made me smile also... he is from the guild i joined.

And finally, the most recent, getting my first artifact, ALL by myself... Golden Scarab Vest.. made me smile irl ALOT, i AM quite happy about that one, took forever to get Scarabs, but faction was not so bad, did it while i leveled. I bought 2 of the scrolls, and found the last one while i xp'd.

Also, seeing all these posts made me smile, i hope i will have the same fun adventures ingame in the future.

I am level 48 now, about to get ingame and smile some more :)

/crystal

You got to 48 in a week as a complete newbie? :eek2: Took me about 2-3 months to get 50 when i started once upon a time ^^

Crystal

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, Complete Newbie! (well not to mmorpg's).

I did the Shar Labyrinth/Otherworld/Underground Forest quests i could find. And did tasks in Instanced Dungeons. I did also explore abit, but the xp wasnt that good, and i didnt know where to go.

Oh, and i leveled almost whole level 47 outside some SI city, trying to get a Broodmother to spawn killing Reapers & Doomcallers for a quest! SHE NEVER SPAWNED... that did NOT make me smile, i gave up :p

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Crystal said:
Oh, and i leveled almost whole level 47 outside some SI city, trying to get a Broodmother to spawn killing Reapers & Doomcallers for a quest! SHE NEVER SPAWNED... that did NOT make me smile, i gave up :p

Yep that one has been sitting in the quest journal of my druid for about a year and a half now...

rayzor

Fledgling Freddie
going into Mithra's Tomb for the first time and (almost irl) shitting myself! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom