Rant thieving motherfscking cnuts

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
What's worse than being pickpocketed...

Being pickpocketed when you are transferring well over a grand from one bank to another less than a minutes walk away, which is exactly what happened to my wife earlier this afternoon (normally we wouldn't do this, but due to a plethora of circumstances this was the only way we could get the money from one bank to the other [don't ask, it's too annoying to explain])

Of course the insurance doesn't cover it and the police won't be able to do anthing about the half eastern european gentlemen who we know took it.

At least she is unhurt and more to the point our 2 year old is completely oblivious to it so it's not the end of the world.

Motherfsckers.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Sorry to hear that mate, not surprising the police as useless given my recent experience with them. :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Look at it this way, in 20 years you won't give a shit.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
man that sucks.

Like you say, at least she's ok.

taB

Part of the furniture
Terrible situation :(

I have to carry around a fair bit of cash for work to and from the bank. My H&S risk assessment states that someone should come with me for security. It never happens. This has been commented on by the lovely ladies at my bank. I don't give too much of a shit tbh because it's not my money and I've told my company what needs to happen. My response has always been: if it was my money it would be in my pants (probably duck taped to my ball sack). I get nervous carrying around >£100 of my own money.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
damn man harsh. still, your mrs and baby are ok yes?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
damn man harsh. still, your mrs and baby are ok yes?

Yeah, the one good thing about pickpocket gangs is that they don't generally hurt people as it's bad for business and they will be much more likely get caught.

Fortune shone upon us in some ways though and just after this happened we found out we were getting some money unexpectedly so at least we can pay our rent this month and i guess we clock this one up to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
For future money transfer services, this one being over and done with, use a cheque.

Hopefully you've got a similar system, where one bank can set a cheque in your name and only you can redeem it. Take that to the other abnk and there's no way that money gets stolen.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
For future money transfer services, this one being over and done with, use a cheque.

Hopefully you've got a similar system, where one bank can set a cheque in your name and only you can redeem it. Take that to the other abnk and there's no way that money gets stolen.

yaruar said:
normally we wouldn't do this, but due to a plethora of circumstances this was the only way we could get the money from one bank to the other

I'm assuming you've never heard the phrase "teaching your grandma to suck eggs"? :twak:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm assuming you've never heard the phrase "teaching your grandma to suck eggs"? :twak:

Never heard of a circumstance that would remove one of the most basic bank functions.

They were out of cheques?

It was advice for future in case this option slipped the mind, why do you have to A; start something B; do it for someone else?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Must have been a very odd set of circumstances though. Mind you, to be fair, you don't do that kind of thing expecting to get robbed. If I'm in any kind of environment, carrying large amounts of cash where there is the remotest chance of getting dipped, I am so super cautious though. It seems odd.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
That totally sucks man. Sorry to hear it and I hope it hasn't put you in too much financial difficulty! :(

When I'm holding large amounts of cash. I put it in my wallet, put the wallet in my pocket and keep firm grip of it with my hand. I'm the most paranoid bastard in the world but its worth something I guess!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Never heard of a circumstance that would remove one of the most basic bank functions.

It was advice for future in case this option slipped the mind, why do you have to A; start something B; do it for someone else?

Well for a kickoff cheques take at least three days to clear. But ignoring that, as Yaruar clearly said he didn't want to go into it, and clearly isn't retarded, why give such pointlessly banal "advice" about circumstances you know nothing about?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well for a kickoff cheques take at least three days to clear. But ignoring that, as Yaruar clearly said he didn't want to go into it, and clearly isn't retarded, why give such pointlessly banal "advice" about circumstances you know nothing about?

Nevermind, you seem to want a fight, not getting it here.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie

Toht just has to interject some pearls of wisdom into every thread. Even if said pearls are known by a ten year old. It makes him all warm and fuzzy inside!

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH

An insurance payment went into a dead account, we needed the money to pay rent/bills on that day, bank head office authorised release of the money in cash form as there was no other means as the bank account it was paid into no longer existed and the bank illegally took the payment rather than refusing it. Even if we had cheques they would have taken days to pay.

The insurance company and the bank both admit they were in the wrong, but we were put in an impossible situation.

That's the simplified version, the real one is much, much more complicated.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
An insurance payment went into a dead account, we needed the money to pay rent/bills on that day, bank head office authorised release of the money in cash form as there was no other means as the bank account it was paid into no longer existed and the bank illegally took the payment rather than refusing it. Even if we had cheques they would have taken days to pay.

The insurance company and the bank both admit they were in the wrong, but we were put in an impossible situation.

That's the simplified version, the real one is much, much more complicated.

Well that certainly is one clusterhump of a mistake by bank/insurance.

I know it's most likely a shot in a dead horse, but could you find a way to make them accountable for the series of events?

Afterall if the bank/insurance requires you to handle large sums of moneytransfer, with no other options, shouldn't they provide some form of secure transport?

Ofcourse you might just want to write it off as a bad event and move on, which i think would be the normal way, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Oh and if you felt i was being condecending or that i was telling "you stupid for not doing x", due apologies as it was never an intent.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Bank won't accept responsibility for cash once it's left the cashire unfortunately.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Bank won't accept responsibility for cash once it's left the cashire unfortunately.

I am tempted to write to the head office and suggest that they put frosting on their external windows, apparantly the copper we spoke to said this happens a lot with the pick pockets having a spotter outside the bank watching for victims inside pocketing cash or envelopes, i'd never even considered this before and i doubt they have.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Yeah, the one good thing about pickpocket gangs is that they don't generally hurt people as it's bad for business and they will be much more likely get caught.

Fortune shone upon us in some ways though and just after this happened we found out we were getting some money unexpectedly so at least we can pay our rent this month and i guess we clock this one up to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

awesome to hear you got some good luck swing your way too. just goes to show I guess o0

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ouch!

but as toht said
never heard of that mate,
if there was money in your account then i dont get it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom