Thidranki's population

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
As I heard some people say in previous threads, thid for most Albs seems to be taking/defending CK ( as they never left their CK when they had it ) though now to my surprise when Hibs having CK all the Albs are gone!

I wish there would be some more action in Thidranki after 9 pmish as most of the times it's the CK-holding realm camping their beloved CK and some random soloers running about. There's no whining in this post, all I'm trying to figure out is why you Albs won't come out to play with large numbers anymore!

Take that CK back!

Zerg like the good old days ( MB -> mpk till you dropped dead on the floor! )

Hibs took a shot at going over MB once but then sadly they all ran back to CK, leaving us roaming groups with no other choice to go and rush CK! ( nearly pulled it off, great night and superb fights! :D )

Have a nice night,

See you tomorrow,

<3 to all!

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
your groups healer played goddamn nice btw :)

mezz untill i got melee attacked.. then stun .. and dead hero :>

very well played!

tho it becomes boring when you try to go near CK to find a 1vs1 cause your grouped ganked me over and over. but thats how it is i guess :)

but still i wish it was like before clustering. run to MB/AB find a nice 1vs1 fight.. without getting ganked by fg's (which happens now all the time).. or even worse.. they dont even solo anymore :)

But arghh.. who am i to change it :)

Kragh

One of Freddy's beloved
Yea, we ganked alot of soloers last night which I personally didn't like that much.

But my frenzied skald of a brother was driving and our liddul BD needed exp so.. :p

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
tho it becomes boring when you try to go near CK to find a 1vs1 cause your grouped ganked me over and over. but thats how it is i guess :)

but still i wish it was like before clustering. run to MB/AB find a nice 1vs1 fight.. without getting ganked by fg's (which happens now all the time).. or even worse.. they dont even solo anymore :)

If you run to a bridge as a hib especially last night, or the night before then you are more than likely going to get killed purely because of the amount of hibs in and around CK. Nobody in their right mind from alb/mid will go near CK for a 1v1 with the hib zerg about :p. I find it funny how Albs camp CK when they got it then whinge that we should attack and take it, then when Hib gets it no Albs in sight :D.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Staffzor said:
I find it funny how Albs camp CK when they got it then whinge that we should attack and take it, then when Hib gets it no Albs in sight :D.
My guess is that a lot of those albs are the very same hibs who now camp ck, I'm sure a lot of Albs also play Hibernia. Its a lot more fun defending ck than attacking it, the problem is, everyone knows that.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
My guess is that a lot of those albs are the very same hibs who now camp ck, I'm sure a lot of Albs also play Hibernia. Its a lot more fun defending ck than attacking it, the problem is, everyone knows that.

Although I agree with you about defending being more fun than attacking I surely had a blast last night with TB! :)

Was like a group of hibs, group of albs and our group pvping on top of CK. ( nerf trying to get the CK when misses Elph decided to put her uber gear on! God she's tough. )

rynnor

Rockhound
Finding 2fg of hibs outside the ck at 11 at night is kinda surprising - tbh the same people play all 3 realms - what you find whether its hibs/albs/mids is that a lot of folks log their chars in whichever realm has the ck. This leads to dis-proportionate shifts in population - being zerged is no fun so even more people log off the underdog realm - only people who continue to do well are groups and stealthers - its a lot harder soloing a visible class v the zerg tho it can still be fun as long as you dont have a morbid fear of dying...

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
you seriously think that if albs (for example) take CK from the hibs.. all hibs will log.. wait 1 hour.. and go to their prydwen toons? i guess you can count the lot on 2 fingers.. oh sorry im exaggerating, 1 would be more likely =]

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Devilseye said:
you seriously think that if albs (for example) take CK from the hibs.. all hibs will log.. wait 1 hour.. and go to their prydwen toons? i guess you can count the lot on 2 fingers.. oh sorry im exaggerating, 1 would be more likely =]
No, I think a lot of the albs had alts on Hib, after losing ck and seeing what it is like to try to kill people who hug CK, they logged off. The next day when they log on they decide to log their hib chars instead as they know hib have ck.

Whatever you say, people have proved that they do enjoy sitting in ck and killing people with the zerg, if they didn't enjoy it, they wouldn't do it. So whats stopping them playing the other realm if it means they can continue what they enjoy?

Or are you suggesting that when albs lose ck about 60% of them just log off and wait until they get ck back 2 days later, whilst hib seems to increase by a fairly similar number over that period of time...

All I can say is; I dread the day that Mids get ck, no fun being in the overpopulated realm.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Or are you suggesting that when albs lose ck about 60% of them just log off and wait until they get ck back 2 days later, whilst hib seems to increase by a fairly similar number over that period of time...

All I can say is; I dread the day that Mids get ck, no fun being in the overpopulated realm.

Actually, this has been the way in thid since long before cluster was even suggested.

Everytime hib lost the ck, they would all vanish for weeks, when they capped it, VOILA! 40+ hibs sat on an island playing with themselves.

All cluster has meant really is that when hibs don't have the CK, there are still a decent amount of hibs in thid, instead of just a few brave soloers, the odd stealther and their bot, which was the case before cluster.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Tallen said:
Actually, this has been the way in thid since long before cluster was even suggested.

Everytime hib lost the ck, they would all vanish for weeks, when they capped it, VOILA! 40+ hibs sat on an island playing with themselves.

All cluster has meant really is that when hibs don't have the CK, there are still a decent amount of hibs in thid, instead of just a few brave soloers, the odd stealther and their bot, which was the case before cluster.
Yes hbs were a rare sight and yes they did seem to 'come out to play' when they had ck and only when they had ck... BUT comparing an extra fg hibs appearing and a few less albs/mids is hardly anything like what we've seen happen in the past few days when first albs lose ck to hibs, and then albs get it back.

How many /level 20's did you see from alb whilst hib had ck? I saw very few, whether as hibs...

rynnor

Rockhound
Devilseye said:

Not sure I understand you - during the time when albs had the ck for ages you saw very few hibs - maybe one fg most of the time atmost - when hibs got the ck suddenly we are inundated with hibs - you think these guys all play hib all the time?

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
yes. unless you suggest that those are albs that sorta x-realming to capture CK :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Devilseye said:
yes. unless you suggest that those are albs that sorta x-realming to capture CK :)

What fair weather hibs then? They only come out when you already have the ck?

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Nah I dont follow this at all.
The suggestion is that if Albs loose CK they all relog as Hibs.
Surely ... the best option for Albs would be to log on as a Mid (read Bonedancer or SB)?
After all as a Bonedancer all you gotta do is /level 20 then just run through spammin LT for the kill.
Course you could just do the same as a SB and go full CS for the 2 handed weapon 1 hit PA kill.

So I guess what Im saying is that if the Albs missing from Thid just wanted easy mode they woulda went Mid no?

Are you trying to tell me Albs took the hard option and rolled Hib when this easy option was available?

I'm thinking not. I think Albs just went off and did something else for a bit.

Although this "Albs are missing" makes a refreshing change from the "Albs Zerg OMFG teh suk" threads we usually get.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
Surely ... the best option for Albs would be to log on as a Mid (read Bonedancer or SB)?
After all as a Bonedancer all you gotta do is /level 20 then just run through spammin LT for the kill.
Course you could just do the same as a SB and go full CS for the 2 handed weapon 1 hit PA kill.

So I guess what Im saying is that if the Albs missing from Thid just wanted easy mode they woulda went Mid no?

Are you trying to tell me Albs took the hard option and rolled Hib when this easy option was available?

Although this "Albs are missing" makes a refreshing change from the "Albs Zerg OMFG teh suk" threads we usually get.

You surely don't follow it, that's correct.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Rookiescot said:

Mezz wins all, bard is best CC class in thid. Also the best solo class is a vamp (imo). Yeah BD's is overpowered, but so are theurgs and cabalists in thid.

Also you don't get to 'pick' which realm to switch to, most of us play 2 realms, not 3. All I (we) are suggesting is that a fair few people with characters in both alb and hib who like 'guarding' the ck might have decided to play their hib characters for a day or two whilst hibs had ck. I don't see anything wrong with it, and I can totally understand there reasoning - after all its more fun being in the zerg than being trampled by the zerg.

I'm not whining at anyone, I'm just offering an explanation as to the highly irrational changes in realm populations in thid.

Oh and one last thing: I don't really see how 2-h SB's are that OP, yeah sure we can one-shot all casters and some scouts/infs (generally lower level ones), but thats about all we do. I kited an armsman the other day, PA'd him three times before I decided it was safe to stay and finish him off (he had about 30% hp left)... He won. We're one trick ponies. Plus it's damn hard to get a PA or BS off on a good inf/NS, and if you don't then you will really struggle to win.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Mezz wins all, bard is best CC class in thid. Also the best solo class is a vamp (imo). Yeah BD's is overpowered, but so are theurgs and cabalists in thid.

Also you don't get to 'pick' which realm to switch to, most of us play 2 realms, not 3. All I (we) are suggesting is that a fair few people with characters in both alb and hib who like 'guarding' the ck might have decided to play their hib characters for a day or two whilst hibs had ck. I don't see anything wrong with it, and I can totally understand there reasoning - after all its more fun being in the zerg than being trampled by the zerg.

I'm not whining at anyone, I'm just offering an explanation as to the highly irrational changes in realm populations in thid.

Oh and one last thing: I don't really see how 2-h SB's are that OP, yeah sure we can one-shot all casters and some scouts/infs (generally lower level ones), but thats about all we do. I kited an armsman the other day, PA'd him three times before I decided it was safe to stay and finish him off (he had about 30% hp left)... He won. We're one trick ponies. Plus it's damn hard to get a PA or BS off on a good inf/NS, and if you don't then you will really struggle to win.

Fair comment.

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
BlitheringIdiot said:

Nice post and rounds things up tbh, well said.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Think you found out the hard way that 2h sb ain't so hot. Against some it is a liability instead of a damage dealer. Against a high dex/quick thrust inf say you are more likely to get evaded to such an extent you won't be able to hit them at all :mad: . That is why swapping weapons adds versatility to your fighting. If I started a fight off with 2 weapons then swapped to my 2 hander which got evaded I might then swap back to 2 weapons only. No good being a 'one trick pony' as you call it as it only leads to frustration. You should think of being capable of taking anything down and if you ain't thinking of ways how to become so. I ain't bragging in buffed form and with TOA/CATA wotever the hell else (stuff I ain't ever had) I reckon I could drop anything - including vamps. I have been killing practically everything with just 608 hits! You have to adapt all the time. Consider mercs? - dt and an sb has had it - not with me I time my moves so he can't hit me and wait till the dt runs out. I have dropped loads of mercs even when they are buffed. I suppose I continued to play for so long, as the peeps became harder and harder to kill as their equipment improved. F******* hate the attitude peeps have though which is to concentrate totally on their gear and damage output to win. Ain't their fault though because you can't blame them for doing so as it is the nature of role playing games. But with that attitude they tailor made to die at my hands cos I know they ain't gonna do jack shit bar for stand there and slug it out - morons really.

VERSATILITY!

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
too much text.

VERSATILITY!

Just out of interest. I wonder how you would do against a buffed SCed vampiir? I've seen the movies you had ofcourse but you should come back and duel someone like Latuvu or some lurikeen I met ( think Skrad's alt? :) ) as I think that would just be too overpowered for you to handle mate. No flaming here, just wondering if there is a stopping to your 'reign of chaos'. ;x

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:
Just out of interest. I wonder how you would do against a buffed SCed vampiir?

How exactly do you buff a vamp then? Other than base AF and haste (which make very little difference to a vamp in thid)?

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
How exactly do you buff a vamp then? Other than base AF and haste (which make very little difference to a vamp in thid)?
haste makes quite some diffrence.. now the vamp only has to get Parrybuff up instead of haste & parry :p
hmm could have swapped parry for HoT. .as parrybuff in thid is useless (to low % :))

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
I can't take out a fully sc'd vamp that is specced right. Did when they first showed but I don't think they were using the right spec then - or maybe no toa or something. Met a few where there is no way I can drop them, though that didn't stop me trying. Don't forget though I am unbuffed. Buffed up and with all this shit toa stuff I would then I think for sure as I can still get them down a fair bit unbuffed.

Loads of vamp fights in this lot - Towards the bottom.

You lot need to realize too I ain't starting with a pa or bs - I melee them from start to finish!

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
You lot need to realize too I ain't starting with a pa or bs - I melee them from start to finish!
The amount of damage you do with the dots you carry on those 50 axes > damage of a PA/BSII imo. :/

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
btw MKJ how come you swing so fast? i mean.. thats about the speed i swing with 3,9main and 2.3offhand 171qui and 12% haste buff

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Ah - swing speed. Everyone thinks I am a one strike spammer. Nothing could be further from the truth. I ain't using la moves but I am using la mechanics all the time. I attack using 2 weapons - 3.7 speed mainhand and 2.4 offhand. Because of la mechanics I get a nice boost because you swing speed is calculated from the difference between the 2 - or something like that. I only use axe moves but I swap from pillager when using 2 axes for my first strike to the 2 hander intime for the 2nd part of the axe combination - plunderer. This way I strike very quickly - first strike I apply my poisons using 2 weapons and then recover extremely quickly cos of la mechanics to whack em hard with a 2 handed axe and plunderer. This is why no-one can fight like me because I can strike from one side of an opponent using 2 axes and pillager - runthrough and turn - and hit from the other side of the opponent with the 2 handed and plunderer. All in the short time during the delay from pillager to plunderer:) . Also plunderer with the 2 handed axe negates the effects of la so I hit hard with it - very if buffed.

Is that tricky to pull off or wot? I do it all the time.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
Ah - swing speed. Everyone thinks I am a one strike spammer. Nothing could be further from the truth. I ain't using la moves but I am using la mechanics all the time. I attack using 2 weapons - 3.7 speed mainhand and 2.4 offhand. Because of la mechanics I get a nice boost because you swing speed is calculated from the difference between the 2 - or something like that. I only use axe moves but I swap from pillager when using 2 axes for my first strike to the 2 hander intime for the 2nd part of the axe combination - plunderer. This way I strike very quickly - first strike I apply my poisons using 2 weapons and then recover extremely quickly cos of la mechanics to whack em hard with a 2 handed axe and plunderer. This is why no-one can fight like me because I can strike from one side of an opponent using 2 axes and pillager - runthrough and turn - and hit from the other side of the opponent with the 2 handed and plunderer. All in the short time during the delay from pillager to plunderer:) . Also plunderer with the 2 handed axe negates the effects of la so I hit hard with it - very if buffed.

Is that tricky to pull off or wot? I do it all the time.

LOL like run-through is hard to do LOL

Christ Thugs ... get over yourself.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
still dont get it tbh.. weapon swings peed = weapon swing speed.. styles wont change the speed and i cant see how having many poisons will help you out. ofcourse if you spec high env you can have a str/con debuff AND an extra STR debuff (just like disease) but that wont make you immume ;)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
LA is very confusing. Any sb that weilds 2 weapons at any time is under the la mechanics ruling. Therefore they swing faster than an inf of exact same spec and speed. The difference in speed between your main hand and offhand when dual weilding as an sb is halfed and the difference taken off your actual speed of your main hand. Think this is how it works? Therefore if your mainhand is 4 speed and your offhand is 2 you will swing at 3 - in theory. LA gives this haste effect. Also because I am using pillager and plunderer which is a combination move the 2nd strike - plunderer - follows closely after pillager anyways. All this is without being buffed though. Buffing and spec plays a huge amount in your weapon speed. LA is crap though because your damage output is lowered a huge amount. That is why my 2 handed strike is with plunderer. Get it now?

Mutiple weapons and poison? Well I can keep fighting for ages whilst my poison ticks keep going. They never stop. Ontop of that my 22 level debuff knocks a lot off their hits and weakens them a great deal. All I have to do is keep alive long enough and they will die before me as long as I can keep dodging :) .

Rookie up to his old tricks again I see. No animosity from me anymore. I passed it. Started my old nonsense earlier but I don't like doing it anymore to be honest. As for the players and the game the main thing is to enjoy it isn't it and everyone seems to be doing that :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom