Thidranki Druid templates...any around?

Multi

Fledgling Freddie
So...was thinking of rolling a battledruid (20nature 13regro) for thid to accompany my brothers battlebard and mates hero...and i wonder if any1 has any good bg druid templates to post here?
I dont think i have trouble making my own but would be fun to see some ideas as i never have had a bg1 druid :)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
If you've got Catacombs just buy the lvl 30 items (not sure if they affect you @ lvl 24, try 1 first) and let LOKI's sc generator make you a template...

ps if you need ToA bonuses it will be a bit harder...but just look up at the CM's for stuff with no +skills on it so you don't need to repair them...And let LOKI make a template for you.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
sigh ..

keke heres what you need...

go cms and put in min lvl 24 max lvl 44....with any toa bonus ..

you will get full effects for whatever u find ..

now ..you want 2 items specifaclly ..the peridas cloak and the gem of terror ( golm and orions belt drops ) ..the caster versions of those will give u power pool and 4 percent to casting speed..

there is also a bracer that gives 8 percent power pool at ure lvl and find lvl 50 UNIQUE items to bring up ure plus points to regrowth etc rather than waste armour space on them ..same for resists..

there is also a ring that brings ure dex cap up by 5 or 6 and thats all outside catacombs ..

inside catacombs there are merchants that work same way as merchants in df..when u buy items ( DO NOT BUY THE ARMOUR ) make sure they are the lvl 40 ones as u still get full effects ..they give u caps and bonus to power pool also ..make sure u got at least one good unqiue item with melee resists ..think the cap is 16 percent ..a guess ..

david

Loyal Freddie
So far i only got some random toa items to work even if they have level requirement they sometimes still work for some reason, the non random items never worked for me, tried all the night terror drops and none worked for me but i got some level 49 requirement rog sleeves that work give 7 dex cap and 11% dur even tho it says level 49 so its worth checking.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
try to get "Perida's <something>" items: they are lvl 35ish items and got bonus to casting/melee/archery speed which is effective at lvl 24

btw i also got a few lvl 50 items which give the toa bonuses. Just equip them and see if it works - btw only jewelry/cloak should be high lvl - armor and weapons should be crafted or easily replacable as they degrade very fast (jewelry/cloak can be at 70% con and you still get all bonuses).

My air theurg will have 25AF, 2% cast speed, 15% power pool, 150 hits (50 hits cap increase), 10 int cap, etc - just need someone to SC the parts ;)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
try to get "Perida's <something>" items: they are lvl 35ish items and got bonus to casting/melee/archery speed which is effective at lvl 24

btw i also got a few lvl 50 items which give the toa bonuses. Just equip them and see if it works - btw only jewelry/cloak should be high lvl - armor and weapons should be crafted or easily replacable as they degrade very fast (jewelry/cloak can be at 70% con and you still get all bonuses).

My air theurg will have 25AF, 2% cast speed, 15% power pool, 150 hits (50 hits cap increase), 10 int cap, etc - just need someone to SC the parts ;)

dont forget there is still one more item out there that can give u an extra 2percent to casting garb ..

also ..

if u are using high lvl items ..if they degrade to 70percent u WILL lose the effect of plus points to parry etc and also spell focus points ..ie xyz 40lvls ...

afaik the way it works is ..at 24 u will get the effects of lvl 50 unique items and lvl 44 named or constant drops .. there are some very good lvl 44 resist items ..my bard on excal thid has

dex cap 5
power pool 12
con cap 5
casting speed 4
all mellee resists 15 15 16
magic resists 8 percent plus bar energy ...which i didnt bother cause i got fed up at that stage..

and the new catacombs items give real good power pool and caps plus points to ALL weapon skilz etc so..go go

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
also ..I would recommend ( as hib pryd thid u do get grps ) that u go regrowth rest battle ..least u get the better insta ..but just an imo ..ure casting speed wont be high enough to be an effective battle druid at that lvl and soloing will be very difficult and ure dot will not do enough damage unless ure grpd ...been there done that ..garb got me ..rerolled ..now on mid :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
The catacombs lvl 20 bracer that you buy with aurulite wasn't affecting me when I was lvl 12 so be sure to check 1 first before buying all the jewelry ;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
As far as i'm aware for normal stats and +skills the jewlery level can be a max of char level *2.

For catacombs bonuses it seems to be less.

For toa bonuses its the same as normal stats but @ level 24 it is not 10% to casting speed but roughly 4% (forgot the forumula).

As for the druids - amazingly strong in thid. Fully buffed battledruid will give any caster trouble except for those lame theurgs.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
As for the druids - amazingly strong in thid. Fully buffed battledruid will give any caster trouble except for those lame theurgs.

nope

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:

nope ..consider a warlock dot then consider a druid dot .. a druid only has the pet in its favour ...

the pet is only ok ..no damage output ..now consider a cabalist and what they have and their pet ..or a chanter with baseline stun and the heal pet ..

battlebard if u want a regrowth class ..wardens dont do dmg in thid

Multi

Fledgling Freddie
Well just got Cata today, and no I'm not looking for any damn toa bonuses...just cba with all the time it takes :p
But gotta try out those cata items soonish :)

Also i might roll VW instead of Druid now...haven't decided which one yet.
So you might see Drozzer the bard, Multikill teh vw/druid and a atm unnamed champ/hero in thid soon ;)

Multi

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
nope ..consider a warlock dot then consider a druid dot .. a druid only has the pet in its favour ...

the pet is only ok ..no damage output ..now consider a cabalist and what they have and their pet ..or a chanter with baseline stun and the heal pet ..

But as i said in my original post, im gonna group with Battlebard AND a tank class...so i really only need my pet for stunning 4sec and interrupting..with aoe root and aoe mezz we should have good CC to keep enemies immobilised so that we can melee them down.
And druid has self dmg add, which really adds up with a qua99 crafted/sc'ed weapon. Also i didn't want a chanter because we don't want to roll any cloth chars so we won't drop in one lousy PA ;)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Multi said:
But as i said in my original post, im gonna group with Battlebard AND a tank class...so i really only need my pet for stunning 4sec and interrupting..with aoe root and aoe mezz we should have good CC to keep enemies immobilised so that we can melee them down.
And druid has self dmg add, which really adds up with a qua99 crafted/sc'ed weapon. Also i didn't want a chanter because we don't want to roll any cloth chars so we won't drop in one lousy PA ;)

welll !!! eeeww laa diii daa ! :p

Multi

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
obviously not a joke in finland :p

Heh never heard of that kind of sentence before at least :D
Anyway..need to get my sorc on exc/alb to 50 asap (48.5 atm) so i can /level a thid char to pryd as i sold my old my old account and had to start fresh new after i quit wow :/

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:

Sorry, warlocks come under the list 'hack0rz' for me Oo.

Just so you know, druids don't fight chanters in a bg and cabalists that run and let the pet do the damage isn't really a caster - but more of a kiter.

Druid gave me trouble on my sorc and as a sm. Far less on the sm of course. The main problem with them is they can take alot of damage and are hard to run from. Infact it is rather hard to kite them aswell unlike alot of other classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom