Thid...

O

old.Sohawen

I wish there was a higher cap in thid .. at this rate i will have 350Rp in notime =/
/em is mumbling about allready got 100 in 2 days

Btw anyone more than me that enjoys my infy there =)

A

Aravis

This is my second infi (didn't like playing the first one, died too easy ;)) but having real fun this time.
A good bit of double teaming with Soha and the other Albs there made it very enjoyable, and thanks to the Hib and Midzergs for making it exciting ;)

Edit: I was playing Ygor btw :/

O

old.Flamin

yepp I've seen you soha:
sshot015.jpg

^^

/kent

O

old.chesnor

Well, playing an infil is...interesting. I can't help thinking assassins are a tad overpowered tbh, having killed just about everyone (although to be fair, I do die about as often as I kill).

Still, I am lvl24, and doing this...
PA.jpg

Nerf me ? But it is great fun, I must admit....

A

Aravis

Yup, I'd guess for every kill I manage to get, I die twice ;)

Like I said in another thread, hib and mid are usually very good about staying close together, makes my job that bit harder.
So split up a bit, you'll enjoy it much more ;)

F

Fafnir

In some future patch or the Add-on you get lvl 20 alts if you got a lvl 50 main. I truly hope this is correct would be great along with 8 char slots.

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by Fafnir
In some future patch or the Add-on you get lvl 20 alts if you got a lvl 50 main. I truly hope this is correct would be great along with 8 char slots.

They never implemented that, and I doubt they ever will. Bad idea anyway.

F

Fafnir

Why is it a bad idea. I think its a great idea.

O

old.Xanthian

Everyone will lvl thier new "alt" to 24 and raid BG and sack off real rvr, making it pointless to lvl 50 as no1 will give a shit :)

O

old.Psi

metall.jpg

That's an anytime style, and the follow up style does more than that (but Nessima wasn't alive long enough for me to see how high it could be :p).

I have about 620 hp unbuffed too, 750 buffed, and plate armour.

Now, if I just had stealth.... :)

A

allnewdave

315 in about a week, Kunnings out already and Im heading that way with Hale.

Oh and Mandar wots up with your name did u delete it coz it was gimped?

If they dropped the new character at +20 thing then DaoC is pretty much over for me - "real" rvr sucks. The BG is fun and the more people in it the better it will be for everyone.

Heres a few lucky hits from me:

hale_dmg.jpg

O

old.Dingo

Hale :)

Hale,

You got any screenshots of the times you and me faced off ? Seem to remember you running to the hills after you realised you were outclassed one on one last night. Look forward to dancing on you some more.

Beastere.

O

old.Xanthian

Beastere :

Come fight me you big pansy..
Emote spamming me but no attacking till 1). Guards are on me 2). You have a mate..

Same with Frankey no honour in killing someone on no health after they just killed 1 Arms and 1 Infil both on him at same time :sleeping:

O

old.Dingo

Hiya Xanneh

Hiya Matey,

Didnt want you to think I was victimising you so left you alone last night :) .. Was a bit rough on you the night before what with killing you 2 or 3 times :) (also ran out of my nice poisons to dose you with). Anyhow will always look for your green colours and come pay you a visit next time I'm on. Hopefully be on tomorrow night if you're up for it from about 19:00 gmt onwards. Got to admit you did panic me when you turned into that great big carebear thing, thought you make a nice rug after I killed you though :) .

Cheers......

Dingo - 42 Scout
Gregor - 50 Wizard
Gregster - 42 Minstrel
Beaster - 24 Inf
Beastere - 24 Inf

O

old.Xanthian

hehe :)

Bear with me, learning to play tanks :p (get the pun?)
Used to standing back and still dying, its quite different to run in 1st and die :p

O

old.Dingo

Good to see friendly banter Xanneh will wave to you before trying to kill you but suspect you will twat me a few times when we next meet, might have some minstrel bits for your alb minstrel so gimme a yell sometime. Want to thank Ardos and his 3 hunter mates for making me laugh last night. What got my attention was a few death spiders in hibbieville (death spiders are only in the middieland I think). These little spiders were moving in formation around hibbieville highlighting where there masters were. Had to resort to waving etc as to take one hunter out would mean instant death from the other 3.

Have to admit my reason for waving, dancing etc is that I do not really want to get rp's as I'm fed up of lvling characters for the BG. So prefer to scout out or pester the enemy rather than killing them.

Cheers.....

S

Sarum TheBlack

/me almost capped out last night too :(

Thid is great fun (for an inf anyway), might dump my 4th char and roll a Thid scout, just for a laugh ;)

O

old.Dingo

Sarum,

If you want me to help level you fast let me know. I think you got a 50th fire wizard like me so you could return the favour when my inf hits 350 if you want.

Cheers....

A

allnewdave

Beastere,

Me unstealthed in front of the ck with 4 bowmen, a caster and you attacking does not count as a "face-off". Which reminds me, why I was there in the first place. Yes u got it in one, the Albs were hiding in the keep again. Seems 2:1 isnt enough now and 3 or 4:1 is required before they come out these days.

If i ever see you off the ck ill be sure to jab u a few times.

And since I only got 2 rp's left I'll see you at a keep raid soon. Feel free to stand away from the guards/bowmen/casters/infs and you might just learn how to assasinate someone.

O

old.Dingo

Hale,

So you dont remember running with me chasing you, turning then trying to melee just me down ? Then after you were down to about 50% or less health running into the water and swimming away, I think I was still at about 90% health :) ? You probably also dont remember being gravel cover earlier on a couple of times :) ....... prob easier to forget those sort of bad memories eh. As for hiding at the keep?? We were looking all over for hibbies and middies but it seemed you'd all gone to bed, then someone kept killing a cabalist who was in front of ck. There were no guards, 2 cabalists, 3 infs and I think possibly one scout logged on at that time. Please dont moan about people being close to the central keep as it makes it easier for all to know where to come for action. Wouldn't be much fun for us running round the whole of Thid stealthed would it ?

Anyhow hopefully catch you before you hit your 350rp limit.

Kind regards.....

A

allnewdave

If you were ever chasing me its because i already attacked someone. Moaning to you is hard fact to us, its been proven time and time again.

O

old.Dingo

LOL, would you like some water to rinse that sour taste from your mouth Gale ? :)

O

old.Dingo

LOL if you are on tonight we'll see :p , seriously though why are you whining about Alb's defending the central keep ? I understand the lameness and lack of thought of camping the portal keeps like Albs & Mids do (never seen hibs do it), but isnt the true goal of the BG map is to capture or defend the central keep ? Now let me help you understand one of the reasons why theres a central keep.....its to help the 2 other races know where to run to if they want rvr. WOW amazing concept eh ;) so please dont whine about Albs camping the central keep as believe it or not its caused Defending the Central Keep. Can you honestly say that you have never seen no albions fighting from the middie bridge right upto the foot of the hills at your mpk ? Now quit griping and play the game :)

A

allnewdave

See thats where my opinion is way different. I'd prefer to attack from the keep than defend it.

When Mid had the keep last we were constantly at your pk - because thats where u guys were. Dont tell me.................... you were defending your pk wern't you?

If a realm is PK camping its more than likely they are bored than trying to intimidate.

Whining? Perhaps...... venting frustration that the alb tactics are generally underhanded ones? Maybe.......

What we want to see is a nice brawl. If we have to pull guards to get u guys to come out so be it.

I have seen Albions all over the map, generally in groups of 12. There are a few I recall but the only one I remember doing the infiltrator job well was Suzanne.

And i am playing the game, even as i type....

O

old.Dingo

Gale,

I hear what you are saying about being bored and looking for action nothing wrong with that at all. Camping Portal Keeps is lame no matter who does it (both Mids and Albs do it), it does nothing for RvR and just gets players killed by the Portal Keep guards for daring to go too close to the keep. When we dont have the central keep I think combat is best at the bridge area's and trying to take the keep itself. Please also think about the layout of the map, Mids have a straight run to their bridge with routes parallel either side through forests, Hibs also have alot of forestry and a relatively direct route to their bridge whereas us albs either an indirect run to the back of the central keep and have to take on more guards than you when taking the keep.

Alb taking Central keep via alb bridge :
a)1 set of guards at alb bridge
b)either route past hib bridge or direct route to ck gate gives us another guard or guard group to combat
c) guards at gate of central keep whilst attacking gate from an angle
d) move back too far and get bridge guards at MB which is direct in front of gate
= at least 3 sets of guards potentially 4

Mid taking central keep via mid bridge
a) 1 set of bridge guards
b) central keep gate guards
= 2 sets of guards

Hib taking central keep via hib bridge
a) 1 set of bridge guards
b) central keep gate guards
c) d) move back too far and get bridge guards at MB which is direct in front of gate
= 2 sets of guards potentially 3

You might say either hibs or albs could swim to MB and attack from there (like we usually do) but then we're facing the central keep and potentially have reinforcements coming from MPK to our rear. So map wise hopefully you'll agree that you have the advantage when attacking and defending. Layout doesnt change in the other 2 battlegrounds either unfortunately. Dont know why they dont rotate the portal keeps for each of the 3 battlegrounds. Anyhow portal keep camping is pure lameness as you are stopping the blocked group from coming down in anything other than a zerg group. Unfortunately people also complain about Zerg groups, but is there a maximum number of people or groups that are allowed to travel together and are you telling me you never hang about in a group more than 8 ??? Personally I think anyone complaining about anything other than blatant cheats is just highlighting themselves to be poor losers.

Anyhow look forward to seeing you later tonight :) (damn well hope I kill you first :) )

Cheers.....

A

allnewdave

I've been soloing in thidranki for about 6 characters. Only one i grouped with a bit was my Skald.

As far as the guards go you can completely avoid the bridge guards if u swim over from your pk, its the sensible option. (As I've seen albion doing many times)

Im waiting for a keep raid, only 2 points left and this is my last BG character on Prydwen so Im keen to have a good last-night.

You already have killed me first.......but Im looking forward to when we meet properly.

Users who are viewing this thread