Thid yesterday

D

drowin

had us a great fg v fg fight with the hibs, we won just about. So we stood there flexing and cheering for a little while, it was about this point that the other 40 hibs came round the corner :/

Dont be hypocrite's all realms zerg

S

Sable

Of course all realms zerg -- nowadays even Hib, on average about 20% of the server population (I think), has the raw numbers to slap together 3-4 fg and run dick-first at anything that looks like rp's. It's not what I'd call fun, it leads to stupidity like 116 Hibs not managing to take the ck in less than 2 hours, and given the relatively larger Alb and Mid population, Hib zergs are still the rarest sort ... but they are a fact.

<shrug>

Point?

J

jimmylimmy

point is, u dont see albs whinging about zergs

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by jimmylimmy
point is, u dont see albs whinging about zergs

If you can make the over-generalisation that all, and only, albs dont whine about zergs then i can make the over-generalisation that only albs zerg.

See the problem...

People arent instantly a certain type of player just because of the realm they chose at the start.

The correct statement would be:

"Some people zerg and some people whine about zerging."

But then thats hardly a revelation now is it?

J

jimmylimmy

eh?

fact: all realms zerg

fact: 95% of zerg whine threads are by mids/hibs

wheres the overgeneralisation in that?

all hes saying is dont be hypocritical about only albs zerg when its a known fact all realms do it

B

BlitheringIdiot

You cant say 'fact' and 'about' in the same sentence, it just looks silly.

Fact: all realms make whine threads

Fact: 95% of zergs are by albs

:p

B

BlitheringIdiot

I dont disagree with what he is saying, i disagree with what you are saying. Hence I quoted you.

I know for a fact all realms zerg, im not an idiot you see...

J

jimmylimmy

huh?

fail to see what is wrong with the statement

all hes saying is dont be hypocritical about only albs zerg when its a known fact all realms do it

as thats the only sentence with "about" and "fact" in it

B

BlitheringIdiot

My bad, I managed to put the word 'about' into your statement. This was probably because its absurd to say that its a fact that 95% of whines about zerging is from mid/hib and so I just read it as being there without the word actualyl being there.

I'd very much like to see your statistics for proving this fact so precisely.

As Ive said, I dont disagree with anything that the thread starter has posted, I disagree with you claiming that albs are such tolerant angels that they refuse to moan at zerging as much as mids/hibs.

C

Conchabar

old whine ... albs zerg the most fact.. hibs and mids hardly ever zerg but sumtimes you will see it.. this is not because they want to zerg its because they want to have sum fun over the alb zerg

J

jimmylimmy

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
My bad, I managed to put the word 'about' into your statement. This was probably because its absurd to say that its a fact that 95% of whines about zerging is from mid/hib and so I just read it as being there without the word actualyl being there.

I'd very much like to see your statistics for proving this fact so precisely.

As Ive said, I dont disagree with anything that the thread starter has posted, I disagree with you claiming that albs are such tolerant angels that they refuse to moan at zerging as much as mids/hibs.

zzzzz geek

B

BlitheringIdiot

When in doubt, insult them.

I win.

Oh and :sleeping: is much more affective than 'zzzzz'

A

Anu

I don't zerg.. It just happens there is 4fg near where I am and I'm sure it's the same for each and every person in tem 4fg

imo :D

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by jimmylimmy

fact: 95% of zerg whine threads are by mids/hibs

Where do you get your stats from?

Seriously :)

B

BlitheringIdiot

But jimmy ol' son, thats not 95% now is it... :eek:

J

jimmylimmy

aye, its 100% unless you find an alb started thread

B

BlitheringIdiot

But then all you've managed to do is contradict yourself.

95% doesnt equal 100% does it?

;)

S

Sable

Originally posted by Conchabar
old whine ... albs zerg the most fact.. hibs and mids hardly ever zerg but sumtimes you will see it.. this is not because they want to zerg its because they want to have sum fun over the alb zerg

I think you're giving the zerg too much of a concious mind ... I honestly do think zergs are mostly by which ever realm happens to have the largest rvr population. As Alb is without a doubt the best designed realm, most people end up there, and zerg when they can't be bothered to actually organise ... Hib has the lowest numbers, and so the least zergage. It's just maths: the more players you have available, the more likely you are to get together enough bodies that you can toss any concept of teamwork and just flatten everything on numbers alone.

As for whining ... doesn't that always work in reverse proportion to the phenomenon being whined about? The ones who do it the least whine about it the most?

I still fail to see which bit of this is new, or worth a point.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
You cant say 'fact' and 'about' in the same sentence, it just looks silly.

Fact: all realms make whine threads

Fact: 95% of zergs are by albs

:p

The last is not a 'fact', def. not in Thidranki/BG's and I doubt the number in Real RvR too.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
The last is not a 'fact', def. not in Thidranki/BG's and I doubt the number in Real RvR too.

Thats precisely my point :p

I

iceflower

From the one and a half year in Thid I think the common denominator for the zerg is what keep controls ck. That usually means more people log in and join the fun. So I doubt the zerg is realmspecific. Good luck finding the statistics.

One exception, hibbies rarely made an appearance on Prydwen when I had toons in there. Just a group or so. Which was a bit sad and an expression of the imbalance in realm population that prevailed on that server.

Loh Katta
Bubblegirl
Iceflower
Stickfighter

L

Lawbringer

I don't need to Zerg just get my pet to uncover those smelly stealthers :)

T

Telamon

Of Zergs and Zerglets ..

Once 5-6fgs get owned by a - let's say Mid FotM group - I pretty much think noone would object to zerging anymore.

It's a working concept for ickle albs to try and stand a chance,
as well as Mids prime RP income source :)

"Zerging is a tool .. as good or as bad as it's wielder".

I have pics that show an ARMY of mids .. sadly all it takes is about 4-5 bd's :) *smirk* (in BG!)

Users who are viewing this thread