They're after Clarkson now

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Clarkson joke sparks complaints
It seems the "great" British public has a taste for blood now. I used to be a truck driver and I wouldn't have been offended, and who cares if prostitutes are offended they're whores :)
Seriously I bet half the people who are offended by Clarkson don't actually watch him anyway.
Ross and Brand are arses who get paid to much for "I'll watch it if it's on" tv. Programs that JC has done are programs you go out of your way to watch, and will watch again if it gets repeated. I think top gear actually makes as much money as it spends.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They've been after clarkson for a while :)

00dave

That's very true and he has proven to be daily mail proof so far.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Top Gear is always targetted by various groups. Each season brings a so-called new "controversy" to the programme!

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
People take way to much to heart...

Clarkson is Top Gear, the beeb wont do anything about it

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Doubt anything will happen with Clarkson, the BBC makes far too much money exporting top gear!

00dave

Lets hope the BBC shrug it off. I'm just worried that after the whole Ross and Brand thing they might follow up.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
At worst he might have to say sorry on the show.

But lets face it then he will be encouraged to do worse which would be even funnier :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
517 out of 7m? I bet those 517 have killed prozzies and are nervous 'cause Clarkson is revealing secrets!

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
yes, exactly what you said, :iagree:

it must be the prostitute killers that complained,

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR MEDS TODAY?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The worrying thing about both these little "episodes" is that there's a whole army of people running out of the woodwork who want "standards" enforcing. Perhaps even anti-offence laws being passed!

Nazi's in other words.

There is no, and never should be, "right not to be offended"...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
None of this will change Top Gear. The BBC can't touch it, its too valuable a programme, and if they start to fiddle with it the production team will simply take it over to another channel. C4 would love to have Top Gear.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Cant remember who said it, but wasn't voltaire actually :p
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
We need more people who think like this!

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Cant remember who said it, but wasn't voltaire actually :p
We need more people who think like this!

According to Yahoo :p

This eloquent defense of tolerance and freedom of speech is widely attributed to the French writer Voltaire, that master of liberal philosophy renowned for his satirical wit. Fran�ois-Marie Arouet (Voltaire was his nom de plume) was one of the most celebrated writers of the 18th-century intellectual movement known as the Enlightenment. His tolerant religious and political beliefs were in sharp opposition to established views, and his biting commentaries twice led to his imprisonment, and eventually, to his exile to England.
But the fact of the matter is, Voltaire didn't pen or utter the sentiment you quote. According to a number of web sites, "The phrase was invented by a later author as an epitome of his attitude." It comes from The Friends of Voltaire, written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall and published in 1906 under the pseudonym Stephen G. Tallentyre. Hall said that she paraphrased Voltaire's words in his "Treatise on Toleration," which includes such thoughts as:

Not only is it extremely cruel to persecute in this brief life those who do not think the way we do, but I do not know if it might be too presumptuous to declare their eternal damnation.
The issues Voltaire addressed are surprisingly contemporary and as relevant today as in 18th-century France. Now we'd love to discuss the matter further, but we must go cultivate our garden...

Uara

Part of the furniture
:D aha, well there you go, learn something new everyday!

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Never heard the quote before today so, yep something new everyday :D

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Somethign tells me that the beeb are not too bothered or they wouldn't be putting a clip of it on the website.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If Clarkson got murdered by a lorry driver I'd be so happy.

Nate

FH is my second home
He's got to have done worse by now. Anyone who finds a worse youtube gets a cookie!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
id guarntee it :) clarckson rocks best show on tv by far

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i love top gear, just dont understand all these complainers... i mean if it offends you or you dont like it... dont bloody watch it :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
i love top gear, just dont understand all these complainers... i mean if it offends you or you dont like it... dont bloody watch it :p

I agree. But over the past 6 months or so there has been an increase in the number of news stories which have complained about people getting offended - as if it's a bad thing rather than the natural result of being around people with different opinions.

The Daily Mail broke the story about Ross and Brand - and if you know about the Mail's history you'll know why.

And I see more than just the obvious shit. How about if we can justify censorship through science?

Bring on the censorship! Bring it on!!!1111!11!

Chilly

Balls of steel
it was a funny joke. most jokes insult SOMEONE, live withit.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
ZOMG! a whole 517 complaints out of more then 7 million viewers!

well, time to close down Top Gear. this just can not continue....

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Minority in trying to spoil it for the majority shocker. Welcome to UK plc. Teedles can I come and live with you in Dutchland pls?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
only if you agree to wear the pink bunny suit Bods :)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Hey, i wear the bunny suits around here!!

The thing is, its not as if it were live, just like the Ross/Brand show, it was pre-recorded, so if they thought there were going to be any back lash, surely it would have been picked up in the editing, would it not?

00dave

Well yeah the thing is most normal people wouldn't be offended by Clarkson's joke. The editing team didn't take into account the tossers who complain at anything the daily mail tells them to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom