Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
aaah gutted... back to some more work for me then :/

i suck at maths

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Pinp said:
The maintenance is from 7-3 today, has been extended, should check wow site :p

It was also on the login message last night if you managed to play then.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me, or does Friday day seem to be the most boneheaded time to do server maintenence?

Surely a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday would be better? Given that if people are taking time off work to play, they often try to book their leave next to the weekend. Or at least I do.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Not only that, but it could end up with weekend work for the technicians if something really goes out the window.

Tuesday morning ought to be the best time of the week to do these things; isn't the US maintenance on tuesday mornings by the way?

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Sendraks said:
Is it just me, or does Friday day seem to be the most boneheaded time to do server maintenence?

Surely a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday would be better? Given that if people are taking time off work to play, they often try to book their leave next to the weekend. Or at least I do.

tbh u want to rethink ur life m8 :p

taking time of for a game is maybe a wee bit of addication lol

Bone's

Fledgling Freddie
in my view i think the reason for fridays is... it is the same day as daoc, now why give doac the chance to have peeps go back to them when u cant play WoW, so put it at the same day roughly the same time etc, also why not make it around 6pm -10pm as i work nights so it is all well and good for others but wehn server goes down it is when im just getting in and wanting to play :) lol will never hapen but thought i would ask

In my view make it friday night 6-11 will give the pefect excuse to go to the pub for a few beers and then come back and try to play drunk lol

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Bone's said:
In my view make it friday night 6-11 will give the pefect excuse to go to the pub for a few beers and then come back and try to play drunk lol

Try to play drunk? I play drunk everyday lol (prolly why i die so often) :drink:

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
tbh u want to rethink ur life m8 :p

No.
No I don't think so.

oblimov said:
taking time of for a game is maybe a wee bit of addication lol

Or, maybe its because I have a job, a partner, lots of friends, a busy social life, that I like a day of peace and quiet to focus on playing the game without distractions.

Yeah, you know, I think that just might be it. And given that I am the person in possession of all the facts, that is indeed what it is.

If it was an addiction, I'd have none of the above conflicts on my time.

So conclusion.

Taking a day off to play = not evidence of an addiction.

Making spurious comments about how people with busy lives choose to spend their "limited" free time = you're a dick.

No kewpie doll for you. :D

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
No.
No I don't think so.

Or, maybe its because I have a job, a partner, lots of friends, a busy social life, that I like a day of peace and quiet to focus on playing the game without distractions.

Yeah, you know, I think that just might be it. And given that I am the person in possession of all the facts, that is indeed what it is.

If it was an addiction, I'd have none of the above conflicts on my time.

So conclusion.

Taking a day off to play = not evidence of an addiction.

Making spurious comments about how people with busy lives choose to spend their "limited" free time = you're a dick.

No kewpie doll for you. :D

I'm sorry but most of the stuff you mentioned in your busy life atm dont go well with mmorpg's. :)

But..... i take days off of work to play games. I took a week off work when TOA came out for daoc.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Bone_Idle said:
I'm sorry but most of the stuff you mentioned in your busy life atm dont go well with mmorpg's. :)

I know. If you can't keep things in perspective, especially MMORPG playing, you soon run into trouble.

Fortunately WoW seems to be quite friendly with regards to people who have limited time to play and if you plan ahead, you can achieve a lot in very little time. :D

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Bone_Idle said:

But..... i take days off of work to play games. I took a week off work when TOA came out for daoc.

you work in a big company then?

in smaller ones you can't do that too often ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom