They better not f**k this up...

T

throdgrain

Well thats right though, I look back maybe at Dr Who or something and think it was great :)

K

kanonfodda

Battlestar Galactica was great :D

the new one though:

female crew and non robot killers? Looks like it will only be worth watching with the sound off :S

and leggy, you forgot MacGuyver :D

T

Tom

Originally posted by kanonfodda
and leggy, you forgot MacGuyver :D

He also forgot 'Manimal' :D

Airwolf was brilliant (shite now though), Streethawk was ok, I think that had Freddy Kruger from NoES as some boffin?

L

leggy

Oh dear god how could I ever forget Macgyver and Manimal. They were actually my favourites out the lot.

I'd love to see those cheesy morph special effects again.

J

Jonaldo

I think I'm the only person in the world that actually finds Columbo sometimes entertaining :(

*awaits execution*

T

Testin da Cable

Mr. C rocks imo, though his playing at being a blind unknowing fool to lure the villian into a false sense of security sometimes grated on my nerves :)

D

doh_boy

columbo.jpg

One more thing....

:D

X

xane

My mum watches all the Columbo repeats on daytime telly, she must have seen them all at least three times over.

Columbo was never a patch on Rockford.

C

.Cask

Originally posted by Jonaldo
I think I'm the only person in the world that actually finds Columbo sometimes entertaining :(

Columbo is great. By far my biggest childhood hero.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

POSSIBLE SPOILER!! ...mebbe!! VERY VAGUE AND YOU MAY HAVE TO USE HEFTY AMOUNTS OF IMAGINATION BUT I SUPPOSE IT COULD KINDA SPOIL THE SHOW FOR SOME PEOPLE!! :)

SPOILER COMING SOON!!

I watched both the episodes and even though I was determined to dislike it (Boomer and Starbuck chicks? What the hell were they thinking?!) I actually found myself enjoying it. :D It isn't like those cheesy, vomit inducing, moral trips like Star Trek and the other crap that we are used to. There is a bit of humour in the script (but not too much) and the general atmosphere is pretty dark and oppressive.

The thing I enjoyed most about it (in a refreshing sense) was that they spared nobody. Children were seen being nuked by the Cylons (who look really cool btw) and there is one scene where number six breaks the neck of a baby. I can't remember the last time I saw a baby being killed in a sci-fi programme. Makes a nice change from the typical 'do what you want but don't hurt the children' mindset.

The story makes sense in a way. I wasn't too keen on the idea that the Cylons worshipped God and believed that they were killing off humanity in the name of God because it seemed a bit too similar to islamic extremists ... but the creators of the show strongly denied that they had this in mind. ~shrug~ The rest of the script reminded me of the old show (which I never really liked anyway) and it sticks to the main plot line of a large fleet fleeing their solar system etc etc.

Basically, it ain't too bad. Worth watching if you ask me.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Psht...hardly a spoiler. If you know the story of BG then you pretty much know what is gonna happen.

...or did I ruin the surprise by telling you that a baby gets it neck broken? Oh my gawd! The whole 4 hour show will be ruuuuuined!!

T

Testin da Cable

well, it warrented tags imo. besides, I was ranting in general :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Okay. Seeing as you asked nicely the second time I have included some spoiler tags for you (although it is probably too late :) ).

T

Testin da Cable

thank you :) it may not be to late for others! think of the people you will save in the future!!

X

Xtro 2.0

I thought V pissed all over it, yes its that bad.

X

xane

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
I thought V pissed all over it, yes its that bad.

Hold on a sec, both BG and V were films and later TV series, in both cases the TV series was dire, but as films I think BG was better, although I really enjoyed V when it came out.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
V gave me nightmares :(
Had a similar thing with Day of the Triffids when I was a wee nipper :(

*waaaa! a man with no face will get me!* :mad:

T

Testin da Cable

oh yeah, that too :( still, films are pish compared to some of the things my dreamworld fantasy dishes out sometimes :eek6:

D

dysfunction

still, films are pish compared to some of the things my dreamworld fantasy dishes out sometimes :eek6:

Well that goes without saying really. Imgination is better than any film that will ever be made....thats why books still have an appeal

C

Ch3tan

V was great, still is when they repeat it. They ended V at the right time, Battlestar got silly when they started hcaging characters and that super brained kid came along.

Now Buck Rogers, there was good quality cheesy sci-fi.

W

whipped

V gave me nightmares :(
I think V gave my Guiniee Pig Nightmares :)

As for the new BG, I watched it last night and I was very impressed. The main story line from the original series is near enough intact and the direction of the space battle scenes is some of the best Sci-Fi I've watched in years.

D

dysfunction

I didnt know it was out already!!

But that will have to wait until I've watched LoTR...hang on is this BG a new TV series? Or a Film?

D

dysfunction

Has it started in the UK? If yes which channel is it on?

W

whipped

The first two episodes have premiered on the SciFi channel in the states. Should be on the UK SciFi channel soon. They're usually pretty quick in getting the new shows premired over here.

I think they must wait until the ratings are in before they deicede on an export date.

T

Tom

feck, I don't get sci-fi (buggered if I'm going to pay for 24hour tripe), so I'll have to wait until the beeb get it.

Users who are viewing this thread