Theurgy RA's

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
lvl 50 theurgy...specced 45 wind rest earth, any recommendations on RA's and which ml.....

convoker be better for rvr, but some abilities (ML9) seem pointless for a theurg.

any ideas

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
lvl 50 theurgy...specced 45 wind rest earth, any recommendations on RA's and which ml.....

convoker be better for rvr, but some abilities (ML9) seem pointless for a theurg.

any ideas

Try necro for pointless ML9 ;)

Convoker is still the way to go I think. Pres node, Speedwarp, wood, traps, titan.

Stormlord is pretty limited. only really good one I have found is ML9 storm and only really useable in sieges.

But I guess it depends on if you run group or not.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
On MLs if you like sieges then I'd go for Stormlord - a good DD storm in the right spot can make the world of difference plus you can remove the Storms that Mids like to leave on stair cases :) In openfield Stormlord is less useful though I could imagine the ML10 ability on a Wind nuke being quite nice.

RA wise Wind Theurgs are specced for damage so my choices would be MoM, WP, Aug Dex and then ofc mcl/RP. As a Stormlord Theurg RP probably better than mcl as Storms and pets put you in combat :(

Varadero

Fledgling Freddie
Stormlord ML10 is utterly useless unless you're keepdefending/keeptaking.
Takes too long to cast to prime it in openfield combat, or on too short buff duration take your pick. ;P.

Storms can be nice, but only really good for bridgefarming/stationary endeavors (1 storm / 5 minutes is really annoying).

Convoker ML9 isn't useless at all, but you need another spec than Wind to make it more useful as a Theu. ML9'd Earth pet's bashing doors help ALOT.

In general I'd say that Stormlord isn't the way to go if you don't always run in FG and need brittles to stay alive when assasins/arrowspammers attack. But then again I don't have PBT and you do, it could work better for you I guess ;P.

As a Wind/Earth theu I'd go for atleast some serenity to keep power up when sorc in grp forgotten to crack you and PBT bleeds your pool unless you happen to have Erinys in which case serinity may be considered a waste, I'd also go for some Aug acui along with Javai's suggestions.

In conclusion:
You need to find RA's that suit your playstyle or you'll be forced to alter your playstyle to support your RA's, same goes for ML's and Spec.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
cheers guys.. ok ill go convoker as will be rvring and sieging with him.

ra's lloks like rp and aug dex and mom and wp.......just need the points now.

im rr2l3 atm so llike...rp1, aug dex 2 wp 2.

mom is that minion or magery?

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:

Was thinking on that one too. Having increased crits on pets might be good? I dunno, but I gather he meant Magery for the nuking power.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:

I certainly meant Magery :) My theurg is Wind spec too and she isn't relying on pets for damage :p

Sadrian

Fledgling Freddie
Tart's Gift Charge + MCL2 covers my power really well, but if you're not using Tart's, I would prefer to have RP too. Totally do I have: WP3, MoM3, MCL2, Aug dex 2 & acuity 2. Saving for purge atm tho, so I have a few spares left :)

- Sadrian

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
My Ra's are: purge1, RP2, PD4, aug dex4, aug acu2, mom3, WP3
i might respec to try other combos as i have a few points spare atm, not sure yet :)

If your sending alot of pets i'd choose RP over mcl as they put you in combat. As said before ML9 (conv)an earth pet does nice dmg in siege and other players, hit some poor bugger for 900+ with one ;) but probably didnt have shields up.

Boad 3 isnt such a bad choice either if your forever running into towers/keeps with defenders. it can also be usefull in fg rvr, but i'd prefer to use my points elsewhere :p

Stormlord is a pain, takes long to cast, and if it's still up after you've died and released you cant port anywhere or even quit if someone walks over it :twak:

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
I love stormlord on my theurgie though... convoker was useless...
Bring on the DD's!!! (just need to get those last 400% mlxp :eek7: )

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
My thuerg is Wind/Earth for strong nukes, mezz, both stun pets and long lasting earth pets. Its a briton with + 10 in dex as start, capped dex temp and at Aug dex 4 i still only have 382 in dex QQ. You need alot of aug dex on a thuerg wich eats up alot of juzy skill points. Gonna try Aug dex 5 next time i am online just for fun :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I can't believe none of you have suggested moc.

Moc is one of the most important/primary RAs a theurg should get. Just watch Xroo play and you'll know that casting streams of pets while being banelord interrupted is vital. MoC2 is decent for 30second earth pets, moving up to moc3 at higher RAs, so after initial petspamming you can nuke with 75% damage.

There are very few decent theurgs out there; most don't even understand the concept of petspamming. Pets = interrupts = win. Just think...1 sorc pet interrupting a healer can win a fight. 20 pets interrupting 4 support classes is SO valuable to an alb group.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Eggy is right, as a Mid Healer (and Hib Druid) there is no other Albion class I hate more than a Theurgist, and it is certainly not because of the nuking (a 209 DD nuke on 2.8 sec cast time is nice but nothing spectacular). Accordingly, every damage dealer in my group knows they have to kill the enemy theurg instantly or I will start loudly whining about being having theurg pets on me and whacking that frickin' theurg. :D

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Eggy is right, as a Mid Healer (and Hib Druid) there is no other Albion class I hate more than a Theurgist, and it is certainly not because of the nuking (a 209 DD nuke on 2.8 sec cast time is nice but nothing spectacular). Accordingly, every damage dealer in my group knows they have to kill the enemy theurg instantly or I will start loudly whining about being having theurg pets on me and whacking that frickin' theurg. :D

omg Belomar we agree 100%?!

Let's exchange rep points to celebrate! :cheers:

Edit: pfft you got 7 off me you lucky sod :p

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
if you are a wind theurg i would go something like

moc3 - dex3 - mcl1 - purge1

this is RR6 which is easy to get hold of

if you dont like to nuke while mocing you may drop moc to tier 1 only, this will be enough to interrupt enemy for abit and you can get more passives or higher mcl. up to you

moc1 - dex4 - mcl2 - purge 1 - mom2 is a nice choice aswell but moc is a must for any theurg (could say caster in the ages of banel0rds:))

Prothoe

Fledgling Freddie
o_O;
There seems to be some confusion about how MCL works regarding putting yourself in combat while using theurg pets :
yes, pets will put you in combat when you are in a PvE only area, and you 'will not' be able to use MCL while pets are in combat.
no, pets will not put you in combat when you are in a RvR area whether you are hitting a keep door ZZzz or sending pets onto an enemy player, you 'will' be able to use MCL while pets are in combat.

Regarding RAs for a theurg (and im assuming your Theurg is fairly low RR as you havent updated your theurg from lvl48 in your sig :p ) i would definately go Purge 1 then MCL1, if you are running in a group alot get BAoD1 next.
After that you could go for any amount of passives until you are able to respec to MoC3 Purge1 (dropping MCL1 (power pots are your best friend - always stock up before you go into frontiers) and BAoD until you have enough points to spec these again)
As a wind theurg MoC1 and 2 just didnt justify the cost as petting from max range and missing the the 60second earth pets they will die way to fast to have much impact.
Currently im specced : MoC3 Purge1 MCL1 BAoD1 with spare points put into passives like PD and aug dex, and looking to respec these passives back into higher BAoD when i can.

Unless you are running with a high RR set fg your main role is nearly always support, popping BAoD on inc, moving away from the sorc in your group (incase he gets mezzed) asap :
1. if he manages to get a mezz off and it sticks (you got lucky the enemys purge is used) then follow the groups assist train with nukes whilst keeping an eye on any caster / healer that is purging - pet these asap,
2. if the lead sorc got mezzed then be ready to use your ghetto mezz, yes its not great but its better than nothing.
3. if the lead sorc (or you) managed to mezz the enemy group and they all purged and your group purged their mezz.. then its game on, pop MoC and start locking down any casters - if the bodyguard in your group hasnt lost the plot and run off following the merc assist train he should be close to you and able to BG you vs the charging Trolls, your MoC will help vs the shaman / druid monkeys spamming AoE root on your group, so for the next 30 seconds you are uninteruptable from nukes and melee, yes i know MoC is also uninteruptable from melee but those tanks will be hitting you hard and with good enemy casters trying to nuke you, you will go down fast without BG + awake healers in group, the bodyguard just stops the melee damage done to you.
Starting any fg vs fg fight with petspam is like walking into an Arsenal pub with a Chelsea shirt on and shouting "COME ON THEN" ^^ so be prepared to be targeted first and often, having no lifetap it can be a frustrating experience to play a theurg in a random pick up group.
When petting try to use a mix of pets , 2 or 3 air pets and 1 earth (to knock them out of speed if they try to kite the slow air pets) per target, there really is no need to send 10+ earth pets onto 1 target.

Bring up your pet screen (probably the same screen you use for your Necro) and hold down shift and left click the "release" tab, put this icon onto your qbar - now you can select any of your pets and using this icon will kill your pet, very handy if you accidently send 1 onto an enemy tank that is ripping up your healers / casters.
Send an earth pet onto a beserker and you have just given him 30 - 60 seconds of free charge, there is no faster way for you to be kicked from your group.

You can probably see im not a big fan of high passive RA spec theurgs, mainly because in the 20-30 seconds that your pets are interupting the real damage will be dealt out by the debuffing cabalist and assisting sorc and the mercs in your group - yes the air nuke is very nice and it helps alot to break the enemy groups back when you are down to 30-50% pow having locked down the enemy caster healers - (btw its very easy for an enemy with even low lvl spec PBAOE to QC it when pets are on them, and an enemy group will know this and run to the QC+PBAOE char which can often kill all your hard work so be prepared to start all over again ^^ ) - although if you are in this situation the fight is probably already won and the only thing you are fighting is your group m8s to get the deathspam kills, hello passives, imo the benefits of Purge + BAoD etc (even at low RR) at the start of a fight far outweigh the cost of high spec passives, ofc this is only if you are looking to group alot.
No flames pls meights :> nothing is targetted at any previous poster in this thread, its just my personal prefered spec

btw Sollac im interested why you chose 45air(final air DD ofc) and rest in earth, from using the char builder http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Theurgist this will only give you a +2% melee speed debuff, surely a 47air 26earth spec is better if you are going high air?

and yea go Convoker .·)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
Here is my RA spec: PD4 MoC2 Dex3 Mcl1 MoM2 WP2 Purge2

Aye not bad spec.

btw, your friar is called Uloose; you know that the opposite of win is lose (just 1 o), you've actually called him easily available for sexual advances.

Ofc maybe that was your intention.

I'm bored at work.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
its not a he its a she .... and yes .. yes yes yes yes yes . no no no no .. yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ..

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Prothoe said:
o_O;
no, pets will not put you in combat when you are in a RvR area whether you are hitting a keep door ZZzz or sending pets onto an enemy player, you 'will' be able to use MCL while pets are in combat.

Hummm so why can't i fire mcl on my theurg then when my pets are hitting a door??? I think you got the above a bit wrong there...

Varadero

Fledgling Freddie
Aadia said:
Hummm so why can't i fire mcl on my theurg then when my pets are hitting a door??? I think you got the above a bit wrong there...

Unable to find the right button on qbar ? ;P
All kidding aside unless they've changed this very recently then it's certainly possible to have pets on door and MCL at the same time.

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
Aadia said:

no hes right, same for my pet on sorc or cabby. also if ur pets are hitting door and u sit down u will notice u are regaining end/power at proper rest rates coz u aint counted as in combat with pets on keep doors.

edit : oh and if u got speed on u will notice that stays up when pet on door, another sure sign u aint counted as in combat.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm will have to try again then.... as previous times my mcl never wanted to go off - wonder why that was then.

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
At RR5 - Dex 3, MoC2, Purge 2
At RR6 - Dex 2, Moc 2, Purge 2, Baod 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
At RR8 - Baod 3, Moc 2, Purge 2, Dex 3 - This is where I want to be ! ! !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Either way you spec, Ill be changing between baod 3 and moc 3 and dex 3.... each time I ding and I can upgrade one, I will....

No decent theurg in your group, you have zero chance of winning vs a reasonable mid/hib group ! No decent clerics in your group, and you have minus zero chance of winning ! No decent sorc in your group and your -+ chance of winning ! Paladin in your group, YOU ARE FOOKED ! Marc in your group, /suicide !

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Aadia said:
Hmm will have to try again then.... as previous times my mcl never wanted to go off - wonder why that was then.

Maybe was the DD storm? That does put you in combat so you can't ue mcl or teleport or board a boat or log...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom