Theurgists in RvR

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Toxx said:
i dont think you always need a theurg, if the sorc can mez, and get out of the way for the first 10 seconds of the fight, hes often forgotten about temporarily, and from bolt range i usually spend my time spamming mez / roots / amnesia on support... and it works just fine. Though when the sorc dies fast, theres no interupts apart from waht the minstrel can manage.

But a REALLY well played theurg is a god send no doubt.

Noone forgets about the sorc...they get KILL ME FIRST in Neon lights above their head as soon as they leave the PK...

phandaal

Fledgling Freddie
My spec atm is 46 air 25 ice 10 earth. don't know if lvl 25 pets (atm last ice pets) have some raise in next patch, but spec is nice (ranged pets, stuning pets and nukes) and i know i can be annonying to enemy casters.... if no die in first 5 seconds of battle or not have 2 grey-green-blue pets on me ...

phandaal

Fledgling Freddie
Domain said:
Hmm... well, if you are planing to choose one of those ones, i would go for 1st one, more interrupt/cc time on the room, and better dmg cause +ice.

Anyways, if you are planing to play it serious ( i hope no xDD ) , you should to go for 45 wind, 29 ice and 2 earth.
with 10 earth you get single target bt and having +spec in cold doesn't help really with pets

PS: i remember you that 10L10+ should change realm :p :p :p

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Excuse me but why in God's eternal fucking name are people speccing 40 in ice? One more and you get a decent snare nuke. Alone, fuck it, don't bother nuking, but then that's the same for everyone. Get yourself a debuffer and WTFPWN like you're supposed to.

In TB groups the theurg serves mostly as an interrupter, and they do it bloody well when the enemy chase after me as they're supposed to :p

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Excuse me but why in God's eternal fucking name are people speccing 40 in ice? One more and you get a decent snare nuke. Alone, fuck it, don't bother nuking, but then that's the same for everyone. Get yourself a debuffer and WTFPWN like you're supposed to.

because the snare and the root are on the same time (at least thats what im told)...

so i rather do a real root 1 min AE 1,15 min something single target or a shitty 179 delve base nuke than a REALY REALLY shitty 140ish 30% 30 sec snare nuke.....

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:

In TB groups the theurg serves mostly as an interrupter, and they do it bloody well when the enemy chase after me as they're supposed to :p

Because that leaves enough extra points to get the 2nd air pet that only costs 12% power instead of 15% as the first one. I imagine that after 1.65 most will use earth/ice pets almost all the time, but having the option to stun a little is good.

Besides the theurg normally shouldn't waste too much power on nuking so it's probably a good thing they don't have that specnuke to tempt them ;). If they really want to to snare something, they can use a lower level spell and save power there too.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
root isn't worth much these days, theurg AE root isnt even top level at 40-spec, it's just there for low power-using AE interrupt spam

run with a body sorc, let him and the mind sorc deal with the CC, the theurg should be working on killing the bad guys

edit: the 12% air pet will have about 100hp and be hit for cap damage by anyone that so-much as breathes near it... you're really better off just using earth against normal groups, and ice against PBAEers

remi

Fledgling Freddie
go for pet/interupt spec....those pets need a nerf :p

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Without GP and insta CC when things look bad and without killing power of pbaoe i dont think more casters in normal groups in albion very viabel.

Best alb caster group atm i think 2 clerics, 1 mincer, 2 spirit cabbies, 2-3 sorcs on assist.

sos
2*bof and healing
3*demezz
2-3 * mezz
2 * debuff nuking and backup on debuffs.
5 annoying pets to put on enemy healers
ae disease
ae debuffs
ae snares
ae roots

This setup has a winning strategy and has the nuking power to drop anyone in a second. Mezz/pet/interrupt enemy support and nuke enemy damage dealers.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
Well yeah, they're extremely annoying when they're on you, but I'm saying with the long range of theurgs it's easy for a bard to confuse all the pets before they even start hitting/proccing anyone.

But if the bard is interrupted... then.. yeah you're fucked :p

In next patch, the greater earth lords (last earth pet) runs whit speed5, thats not easy to confuse in time.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
In next patch, the greater earth lords (last earth pet) runs whit speed5, thats not easy to confuse in time.

Yes but if albs do not win CC battle theur dead in less than a sec, cloth in group = you dead to any competent savage group.

Yes it sux, yes its not balanced, but i guess either yanks are totally skill-less players who cant use savage/healer groups or Mythic wont adjust because
of population. Mid savage group kills you surport 2 times as fast as you kill
theirs, pets wont matter with so many instas in such a group. I think pbaoe is just about only thing to beat such a group, and without antimezz tools and insta mezz alb pbaoers very weak.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
the last pet's run-speed is nice but it leaves the theurg;

a) without any viable nukes - debuff all you like, his damage will still be crap
b) without any viable CC (if you consider the AE root CC)
c) without any mana should he bubble
d) without any AE interrupts (yay AE root)

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Good valid points WF but

a) without any viable nukes - debuff all you like, his damage will still be crap

The theurg shouldn't be nuking, they should be petting and interrupting.

b) without any viable CC (if you consider the AE root CC)

AE Root whilst useful just isn't that useful against high det tanks or any caster beyond interupting.

c) without any mana should he bubble

Get MCL2 and RP and a good theurg should never be out of power unless in a long fight (then just switch to 10 sec to recover)

d) without any AE interrupts (yay AE root)

You can still get low level AOE root even with 48 Earth.

I agree that EARTH/ICE isn't the most viable RvR spec but it still can be useful :)

(btw this is from an ex-earth spec and now air spec ;) theurg)

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
as i understand it the lvl 32 pet got speed 4 or 5... the last pet should have speed 6..

and about the root ... it is 60 sec ... like any body sorc's root if they not 49 body..(they got 73 sec then)..

i picked the 35 earth 40 ice 9 air spec to be a viable choise in both tank groups (they dont have body sorc and need the root) and caster groups..

but bring on the patch... atm i got 11-12 pets in a powerbar... i need 10 ice pets to kill a healer class and 6 earth pets...

not that i try kill em... i just spam pets on every1 but still would be nice if there was some more damage behind the pets..

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Motowntheta said:
One final thought although it doesn't show it on the herald as this thread shows there is also a level 48 ICE PET.... Maybe 50 ICE 18 EARTH may be viable also ;)

http://vnboards.ign.com/Albion_Elementalist_Professions/b20905/63211937/?12

The level 48 ice pet is an urban legend.

It does not exist.

At least that is my understanding - as regards VN, you can usually discount what people there say - and I note that the thread you list has high ice theurgs claiming they personally have the 48 pet - and others that don't have it. /shrug

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
patch 1,65

there is a lvl 48 ice pet... but what i heard is that lvl 40 icepet = lvl 48 ice pet

same dam etc.... so should be waste of spec points to get lvl 48 for the pet at least....

old.Odysseus

Fledgling Freddie
Back in the days i had a air / earth theurg.
Decent nukes, sub-decent aoe mezz, decent aoe root, good single root and decent pets.
Tons of utility, but you gotta stay on your toes to play it.

With new patches I would prolly gor for earth-interrupt-pbt-bot backed by good aoe root.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Another good spec to consider is

35 earth
32 air
25 ice

Gets you all 3 pets at a decent level, the air pet to use against moc (and more hits than a earth pet next patch i beleive), the earth pet for long duration interupting, and the ice pet for damage and pbae box interupting and snaring.

You still get the baseline ST root for cc, and even get a ~20 sec ae mezz which can be useful (emergency use only :p ).

The only dis-advantage I see of this spec compared to the 40 ice 35 earth is weaker ice pets, lack of a long duration ae root and a bit more variance on your ice nukes.
Best alb caster group atm i think 2 clerics, 1 mincer, 2 spirit cabbies, 2-3 sorcs on assist.
Agreed! I ran in a group like this not long ago and it was very impressive as well as being immensly fun. I knew a caba/sorc caster group would rock, but the important thing is the number of each you have, and 2 caba 3 sorc seems about right :)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:
Well yeah, they're extremely annoying when they're on you, but I'm saying with the long range of theurgs it's easy for a bard to confuse all the pets before they even start hitting/proccing anyone.
sorry dont take it bad but.. thats so unreal ;p

flex

Fledgling Freddie
Hotrats said:
I knew a caba/sorc caster group would rock, but the important thing is the number of each you have, and 2 caba 3 sorc seems about right :)

never tried it becouse i can't seem to get the ppl together.
Spirit cabys and (body)sorcs are one of the most rare classes of albion and to get 5 of these in 1 grp isn't easy.

But i really want to try it out sometime because i think this grp can overcome the problem of albion: having utils spread out over to many classes. With this group you have cc, interrupts and nuking with the 2 main classes.

Might be a good idea to switch the 3th sorc for a theurg (more interrupting) or icewiz or pally (defence).

gimme pm ingame if u set on up pls ;)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Hotrats said:
Give more feedback on my spec idea imo :)
i got sum old 30sh theurg on alb/pryd, was going for 40cold 35earth, never really played it seriously tho but if i had, i trust more on a consistent AE root and better baseDDs than more pets to toy with and a crappy aemezz ;)

if there was a fecking server in which albion was the underpopulated* realm i would love to play an alb caster grp ;P (* more unreal stuff for the thread ^^ )

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
sorry dont take it bad but.. thats so unreal ;p

Not really ;p

Ae mezz the theurg and then confuse the pets, only requires you to be awake and not interrupted (which is hard, yes :p)

syn

Regular Freddie
neither spec imo, go wind because the stun pets are OP and you get a nice nuke/ae mezz too

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
dude before you r replying to a post see the date of the last message of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom