Theurgist RVR spec?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
What is the best RVR spec now for a Theurgist? I have done some research on the boards and the prefered spec seems to be 41 Ice/35 Earth. Is this still the case?

I read a few posts where people decried that, suggesting that high Earth was the only way to go, because Ice pets have a habit of going into melee if they get hit?!

Additionally, what spec would be best for levelling?

TIA :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Ice pets do go into melee if hit, and do about as much dmg as air pets in that state.

I'm going 41ice/35earth probably... tempted by wind though, although if you want PBT you've gotta miss out on the highest DD in the wind line, and thats the best part of it. (209dd). Ice has some nice features though, such as dd/snare. Full earth just looks boring.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Aoami said:
although if you want PBT you've gotta miss out on the highest DD in the wind line, and thats the best part of it.

You can get the highest nuke (45 air), as well as 10 sec pbt (26 earth). What you lose are the 60 sec earth pets going air. I'll provide a better synopsis of the specs when I get home from work.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Golena.

I guess I just want to know the relative merits of each. Ideally I'd like to be a pet rather than a nuke Theurg, as other casters have better nuke ability (e.g. Sorc; but I am not good enough to play one in RVR so ;) ).

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
im air eath on camlann and enjoy it ^^

nice having long lasting interrupts and stlong nukes. mezz is handy there too tho ^^

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
For theurg specs I believe there are 4 possibilities.

I'll start with the 2 air specs.

45 air.
This gets you 3 things:
the air nuke - this is one of the best nukes in the game and normally hits an ignored resist (compared to heat/cold/etc). Most of your time playing an air theurg will be spent nuking stuff into the ground, and for doing this you come well equiped.
The aoe mezz - while nowhere near as good as a sorc mezz this is still a very useful tool. If you are soloing or playing in a group without a sorc this is 100 times better than no mezz at all. While the sorc (if your playing one) will probably complain endlessly about you giving targets mezz immunity in truth if you land this people will either purge or be demezzed before it runs out or are dead anyway.
Air pets - Playing solo in 1v1 these are instawin tools. Get 2 or 3 of them on someone and you've already won. In groups they are probably the least useful pets as they move slowly and don't last for long so your probably better off just nuking stuff, and leaving interupting to someone else.

26 earth or 25 ice/10 earth
The reason air has 2 specs is either of the other 2 lines create viable secondary specs. Either go earth for 10 sec pbt or go ice for the level 50 ice pet and an aoe root that might annoy someone rather than just being useful for interupts. level 50 ice pets are great for taking down doors or oil when it's defended. If you go ice get 10 earth as well so you can still cast blade turns on clerics/tanks.

As a wind theurg you'll spend most of your time nuking instead of petting. It's a great class for soloing with mezz and stun pets and adds lots of nuke damage to a group, but less interupts than the other specs.

Next you have the earth spec
48 earth, 24 ice
This gives earthlords, by far the best interupting pet and 6 sec pbt. Be warned that running 6 sec pbt while giving good defense will drain power from you in seconds so running something other than 6 sec or getting lots of power RA's are important. In fights you'll spend most of your time throwing pets on casters/healers, and almost no time nuking. The pets do move very fast and interupt for a very long time however and a good earth theurg can easily take out an entire support by themselves if left unattended, while providing the best in pbt defense. You'll probable find soloing much harder than air due to a lack or any real CC and your primary defence (pbt) can't be run at the same time as speed.

Next is the split spec (half nuking/half petting) and what my theurg is atm
41 ice/35 earth
You come with 60 second earth pets, 8 sec pbt, an ok ice nuke. and aoe root
The earth pets while not moving as fast as the earthlords last for the same amount of time and still hit for a good amount of damage, so they will interupt just as well once they reach their target. You get 8 sec pbt, this is almost as good as 6 sec but without quite the extortianate power drain but you also get 2 additional features over the pure earth lord. You get a nuke that while not in the same league as the air nuke will still do an ok amount of damage and help on the assist nuking train, you also gain a good aoe root.

This is the spec i'd recommend for a petting rvr theurg. You excel at interupting and provide good damage when needed. Your not as good solo as an air theurg although it's possible to, but you probably provide more group utility.

Hope some of that helps.

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
47 air 26 earth is my prefered spec, as stated before in the thread, aoe mezz, stun pets, nice nuke and also cos your low lvl earth pets last 1 min too, oh and pbt :)

i hardly get time to nuke, but it's nice to know i wont hit like a wet cabbage when i do ;)

whatever spec you are you can interrupt with your pets, air/earth/ice doesnt matter it can be done :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Taglim said:
47 air 26 earth is my prefered spec, as stated before in the thread, aoe mezz, stun pets, nice nuke and also cos your low lvl earth pets last 1 min too, oh and pbt :)

i hardly get time to nuke, but it's nice to know i wont hit like a wet cabbage when i do ;)

whatever spec you are you can interrupt with your pets, air/earth/ice doesnt matter it can be done :)

I was under the impresion that the level 32 earth pets lasted a minute. The level 20 or under pets only last 30 seconds.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
48 earth, 21 air, 12 ice
Odd spec for sticking it to my cabby in rvr for speed and try to spam the mezz in the hope it lands if I meet lots.
Also for beating down unclaimed tower doors, 1 bar of power - about 40+% on a door.
From what I've seen, I spam 1 ice pet and several earth pets on a guy, earth pets hit for 130-250 each and ice pet just keeps interrupting while the earth pets get there, not bad dmg I guess.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Golena said:
I was under the impresion that the level 32 earth pets lasted a minute. The level 20 or under pets only last 30 seconds.

all earth pets last 1 minute afaik, or atleast lvl7ish and up

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
played theurg on gorre, one of the classes i enjoy most in daoc

was specced 45 air, 25 ice, 16 earth, which is really the best rvr spec imo.

i respecced a couple times to check effect of higher lvl ice pets, but the damage was constant on all pets from the lvl 25 one up, so i didn't really see a point in going higher. also gives ghetto ae root which is nice low power cost ae interrupt. the pets themself are great really - they go melee when the target gets into melee range and also when they take dmg, but it doesn't matter. they still provide really good dmg + interrupt/snare

16 earth is for greencon pets, they do last a minute, and they really aren't inferiour to higher level earthpets.. they might die a bit faster but it doesn't matter shit in the end - if someone is going to take care of them, they'll die whether they're blue or greencon

then the airpets which are so insanely underestimated it seems. they have lots more hp, they can't be killed in one qc pbae by a lighteld, and then of course the stun proc. you can't use charge when stunned by airpets, you can't use moc, can't use quickccast, can't kite, can't be bodyguarded from the stun, can't do shit for the duration

and you have a strong nuke which is useful in lots of situations.. and emergency aemez for solo / when sorc can't mez

glad there's hardly any good airtheurgs on the server, funny that albs don't recognise their potential :) shrug, i guess i shouldnt complain being a hib

Lethul

FH is my second home
Vodkafairy said:
glad there's hardly any good airtheurgs on the server, funny that albs don't recognise their potential :) shrug, i guess i shouldnt complain being a hib

and im glad all hibs on excal except RR is useless and free rps :kissit:

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
you ruined my dinner Lethul with ur link ( in OT what are you scared off subject ) !!!!!! :( :( :(

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Another nice post, thanks VF :)

I'll probably roll a /level Theurg on Friday evening when I am online next. I was thinking Briton and 15 Dex/10 Int...that OK? I am not sure if Britons can be Theurgs or not...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
and im glad all hibs on excal except RR is useless and free rps :kissit:

well we did kill you with strong randomgroup first time - cus you had no waterpots :kissit:

nah i believe you :p im still in pve and stuff :(

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
VF is right about the air pets, they're dead nice, shame about the duration and the proc only lasting a second or two :( but then that would be a lil OP if it lasted longer :p

briton theurg is nice for rvr unless you've got shapeshift up all the time, wish i could respec race ;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
wittor said:
you ruined my dinner Lethul with ur link ( in OT what are you scared off subject ) !!!!!! :( :( :(

big soz :kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom