Theurg RvR

Razez

Fledgling Freddie
Just began my Theurg roaming but could use a few tips and trix for theurgists.
My spec is 45wind 25ice 16earth.

Would be helpful to know how many pets you send on what and what kind of pets etc.

oh and wind dd pwn! :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Send 4 pets on player 3 from enemy group 7 and 5 pets on player 2 from enemy group 2.

Works best for me.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
ice pets snare and air pets stun.. then its all up to you what to use when!

Razez

Fledgling Freddie
Send 4 pets on player 3 from enemy group 7 and 5 pets on player 2 from enemy group 2.

Works best for me.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I hate you.. ^^

Both of u, rly not helping! ofc ice snare and wind stun but i've heard that players become immune after a number of wind stuns and does anyone know how many that is? as its not a good idea to "spam" wind pets on a tank if he start to be immune to the stuns the more they proc.

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
When playing solo, first of all you try to mezz. Then you put down a speepdwarp to counter charge. And depending you amount of purges, you then single target root.

Then you pick your target... it's much better to cast pets on immobile targets, cause the pets take a while to get there and you loose distance if they arent standing still.

On tanks I try to always have 1 ice pet for snare, plus 3-4 air pets for stun. Then nuke then down. Make sure the icepets hits first, because they cant push charge when snared.

On caster 1-3 icepets and nuke.

If it is a vamp... SW and run :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I hate you.. ^^

Both of u, rly not helping!

My Theurg is 41 Ice, 35 Earth, I am not playing him often though atm.

I use AoE root very often, my template has 25% duration and it lasts for a good while. I spam ice pets on tanks and a mix of ice pets and earth pets on everything else. The order in wich I tried to interrupt the targets is either random or the most annoying gets a few pets first :p. It's very situational.

What I try to do is to move around when casting ice pets when I can, just a few side steps, so they don't go in melee mode by one enemy AoE spell.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
on what ?
Anything thats is red .... and Horner ofc :D

Nah.. as said.. start mezzing if poss. .. then go get a cup of coffee:drink: .. cast 3-4 windpets .. :drink: do /hug, then a couple of ice/earth pets whatever you prefer ... and/or nuke the gimp until he has 5-10 hps left ... start all over at the next target while your pets do the rest of the job ... :drink:

easy aint it ?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Just spam your pets then read VN boards and argue that thueragists are not overpowered! ;)

Seriously, the whine over there is ridiculous! :(

But then again, most groups are running 2 theurgagists that are rr8+ so its not that fun ;(

Taggys

Fledgling Freddie
My advice to you matey, Analyse ur situations carefully, air pet support classes, nuke casters, ice pet tanks, not always easy to achieve this as interupts etc, but spec your ra's wisely for ur intentions.

My solo ra spec, mom5 wp4 dex3 acuity 4 purge 1

My group spec, Boad 3 purge 3 moc1 dex3

hope this helps you but if you enjoy it stick at it :)

5 years for me now on theurg and getting a bit bored :'(

Corran

Part of the furniture
To give you a more realistic answer, would need to know if you play solo or group.

Group rvr. With your spec the best bet is too do a mix of pets. If you talking about the casters/Support at the rear of the pack then a mix of ice and earth. Yes your earth pets suck, but they interupt constantly so it takes someones time to kill them. There was a high amount of support that dont realise they can one hit the pets and just run about for the full minute or till a caster kills them.

Tanks. never earth pet them. If you got to pet them then go air pet, and put 3+ on each tank that is current mezz/root immune and are attacking your group. The odd stun will give a fraction of a second advantage in getting out of range which is handy.

If you end up close to their casters/ support then do add air pets into the mix, but if you playing from max range then it generally not worth it. I would normally use ice pets first, couple them out on a target then get a couple of baby earth pets out. Switch targets often and try to have all caster/support with at least 1 pet on them if they are cc immune.

Order - primarily i would go for CC class (so bard/pac healer), casters, support, tanks. Of course it comes down to the situation. If the support and casters are under cc and out the fight, then just assist nuke that damn charge tank.

If solo... against tanks/hybrids then just air pets do the job normally (but then i had them snare immune as i would mezz>nuke>root>nuke so ice pets not helpful.

Against casters, ice pet them like hell before they get in range, add a couple of air pets in middle if want. But generally if you can get a 4 pets up befoer they get in range then all you need to is kite away and let the pets nuke them down. With the snare laid on them you can get away and add few more pets if necessary while out of their range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom