theurg help

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
I've not played my theurgist since 2005 but I'm guessing that the specs haven't changed much since then. I have tried a few specs out in rvr and they all work quite well depending on what playstyle you adapt.

45 air, rest earth doesn't just have to be a nuking or soloist spec, as the air pets can do a great job at interrupting as I believe the stun ignores BG.(dunno if that is still the case?) with the added bonus of being able to dish out alot of damage if needed.

41 ice rest earth was not a bad spec either, less of a solo spec but very handy ice pets which can snare coupled with an earth pet could cause problems.

Tri spec (I cannot remember what my spec was) works better at higher rr, mainly due to the rr bonus will bring your ice line up to near 50 so you can use baseline nuke effectivly if required. The mixture of pets that you could use in a fight helped greatly when petting casters and healers, and the ice pet worked nicely on tanks who were root and mezz immune and chasing casters and healers in your group.

Anyway best bet is to test a few specs out and see what works best for your own playstyle and whether you'll be soloing or grouping.

As I said it's been a very long time since I've played and looking at the email I got from goa the servers won't be around too long unless they get migrated to USA, so you may not be able to test anyway :)

sorry my post was long!

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie
Have played a few combos but I've always gone back to 45 wind/air rest ice. Air pet melee and ice pet casters to interrupt. However, any enemy grp worth there salt will drop u like a shot once u start spamming pets.. then nuke assist if u get chance. AOE Mez and root are useful back-ups.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
How come Theurgs can spam anything they like in terms of pets but the animist got nerfed to 5?

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
This question was in a recent q&a on mythics site, basically it's because theurgist pets are fire and forget which can't change target a bit like an animist's bomber, where the animist pet can change target and the main pet can be instructed to change targets.

Hope that helps :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Theurgs have been reduced to 16 pets(iirc) on US servers already

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom