theurg help

fiire

Fledgling Freddie
Just lvled a theurg up but im having trouble finding a good rvr spec (solo most) atm im 41ce rest air. I finding the damage output isnt that great, might be just me being low rr but im after ideas of other specs if anyone has any idea`s.

Do earth pets hit hard or are ice pets best?

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Well the best nuke would be 45 wind spec which is probably what i would go. Gives you an aoe mezz as well which can be handy at times. Especially if you play solo.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Also wind pets are fucking win!

45wind rest ice iirc

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Is wind spec the one with the pain in the arse dd pets? :(

Or is it the one with stunning pets?

CorNokZ

Is wind spec the one with the pain in the arse dd pets? :(

Or is it the one with stunning pets?

perma insta stunning pets.. A right fucking pain in the arse as there is no immunity timer and 3 pets can basically keep you perma stunned

There's a sorc/theurg duo in thid that lag casts and casts 2-3 pets on everyone so they can take out huge amounts of people if they get the initial jump on people

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
21 21 45(air) is nice for solo, stun pets + snare pets then pop a few of each on someone and they wont get near you.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Depends on your realm rank matey, if you cant find a group, do some assasin missions to get the rps at quiet times(speed class ftw!)

Then just lurk around keep takes to spam pets on doors etc

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Fair few go earth simply because of the earth pets lasting longer :) that said 45 Air rest ice (think its 29 or so) like Corn said is a nice spec aswell, get some nuke power + max level air/ice pets and a getto AOE mezz to fall back on just incase something goes horribly wrong.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
the specs that has been listed are very solid specs, as for me i got a theurg that i specced 45 earth 32 air, fiarly solid spec i found out, downside is that it requires a fairly high rr to be effective. About rr5+ is needed and my theurg is only rr3l4.

so go with the air/ice spec, and yes the air pets are bloody amazing.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Depends what your role is in the group - I'm using 41 ice 35 earth atm. In kite group then I'm there to ice snare the tanks & then earth pet the casters. Gives the rest of the group space to move. Also there's the damage & snare nuke & decent AoE root. AoE damage from the earth line is still good enough to kill Zo pets. PBT is only 8 seconds & the haste debuff isn't that strong but.....

In some ways I did prefer the high earth spec but not really given this one enough time to decide if I like it.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
45 wind / 21 earth / 21 cold is the only way to go :/

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Solo spec maybe - I wouldn't group a theurg that spec if that was the only one in group.

CorNokZ

Agree with Genedril. Dvaerg's spec is for solo/small man grps

For fg vs. fg more earth is required

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
theres really no reason to spec ice now :<

tested last night, the 25 pets have the same hp and do exactly the same dps as the 48 ice pets

personal fave spec is 47earth 26ice (only QQ is variance on ice baseline but its not too bad with rr) and if running with a decent sorc as 47+ earth you can circle fight tank groups if debuffing properly, a theurg thats not always on the run is so much more potent!

solo would be 47air 25ice :) worth going for the red ae mezz even if its just for resist rates for solo

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Ice isn't for DPS - it's for the AoE root & the snare pets. Higher pets have their snares resisted less from what I can see. In fact having a theurg for dps doesn't really make much sense to me unless you're solo.

But I prefer earth spec really - reason I'm spec'd ice atm is for the snare pet as we run w/o bg & can't find a decent caster tic.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Ice pets are so easily countered though its not really worth it, earth lords are OP, plus many hib groups now running 5x tanks using VW to clear pets, with CTR, red pbt & haste debuff/shears/debuffs its fairly easy to stop them doing their job ;(

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
well the point of ice pets isnt dps, but my point was, the lvl25 pets for all intents and purposes are completely equal to the lvl48 ones, making anything over 25spec in ice worthless, unless you're specifically speccing for ae root, the lvl25 pets are effectively 'level50' pets and so have the same resist rates as the higher lvl pets

and expecting a vw to clear cab pets is retarded, idk why people expect that to work lol

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Because with the style & disease procs vws can kill most pets fairly easily if they're not recieving active heals. They can also bg the person the pet is on.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I really like playing an earth theurg (rest ice) in a grp. The difference you can make to a fight if you get a good position (or MoC :D ) is unmatched by any other caster imo.

Air theurg is really fun solo as well.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
... unless you're specifically speccing for ae root, the lvl25 pets are effectively 'level50' pets and so have the same resist rates as the higher lvl pets

I've specifically spec'd for the snare nuke & the Aoe root for tank control. I use the snare pets on tanks that after their inital charge as the snare stops recharge & a combi of the ice pet & earth pet on casters. Tanks can deal ice pets fairly easily which is why I've got the snare nuke & the AoE root.

Like I said - I prefer full earth but needs must & 41 ice isn't a bad spec.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Air theurg is really fun solo as well.
Fact that u can start getting solo kills on 50ths when ur just out of thid can help also. Back when daoc was casterlot, not stealthzergalot, prolly would've been quite easy to xp to 50th soloing.

Everz

FH is my second home
Air theurg, used to love soloing about on mine, albeit it was on mord, but still an absolutely awesome class :D.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ice pets were crap when a shaman would pbaoe disease them. They would go into melee and never recover. I think any aoe disease would cause them to fuck up. Is that still the case?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
ttheyr'e still really easy to put into melee yea, and they dont go back to casting afaik

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
they use to be put into melee by debuffs, but since the mob/necro/pet changes this isnt the case, making them a bit better

theyre still put into combat and melee by any form of ae cc though, or ae disease

mainly useful for support being bg'd though and wasting qcs on rms/elds!

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
think ill be renewing over xmas period, 47e 26i is the way to go then?

always been 45a 21i 21e but im guessing thats not fotm anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom