Theurg help please

A

Alox

The best theurg spec at the moment is (IMO): 45air, 10ice, 26earth. Where you put the leftovers is not that important. Air skill after 50 doesnt return much damage, so its viable to consider taking the better attackspeed debuff at 28 earth (which is resisted less as well as debuffs more).

You cannot run a succesful theurgist in RvR without powerregen aids. MCL is a must, and serenity 1 or 2 is a must as well if you run pbt.

In 1fg vs 1fg you will have enough power. In larger battles you will find yourself running out of power. Ally with an alchemist and/or a necromancer, and consider going for even better powerregen RAs if thats the fights you enjoy.

Just remember to get purge, its a must for theurgs.

Alox

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by Alox
Where you put the leftovers is not that important. Air skill after 50 doesnt return much damage, so its viable to consider taking the better attackspeed debuff at 28 earth (which is resisted less as well as debuffs more).
Not entirely correct.
Taking airskill from 50 to 61 gave me nearly 10% extra average damage.
Tested on both mobs and in /duel's.
I posted a thread on it some time ago with all the test results.

L

Lireihuan.china

My template is 35earth/41air.
comparing with 26earth/45air/rest ice, I have Less Damage with air nuke, actually nuke damage difference is about 13%,plus don't have AE root. Advantage of my template is 8 sec pbt from earth specc, haste debuff, and most important Both Greatest PET from Air specc and Earth specc. As we all know 1.59 pets can't be cc, as far as i know, theurgist who has 26 earth can't have greatest earth pet, and 44 earth can't have greatest air pet/ice pet. I don't know what will happen in 1.59, but i think this is the reason why i didn't respecc... (plus GoA didn't give me any chance to respecc)
Most of theurgists are specc as 26earth/45air/rest ice, and i don't know how does that template work in rvr since i never tried that. but i lvl up to rr6 in this template, so i think it's at least not a bad one. otherwise i must have been gimped....

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Mavl
afaik serenity 2 compensates 10 sec pbt, so with it and serenity 2 you are regening same power as a wiz without serenity or a theurg with no serenity and no pbt.

theurg and serenity, small thread from whineboards
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=46842304&replies=6

It's even better IMHO. If you get a ghetto-rezz (pally/friar) and you have serenity 2 you will be sooner full power then a wizz without serenity 2.

Serenity 2 is very nice to have as a PBT-theurg IMHO. I got it too, I will never respec it away.

K

Karnage

Originally posted by <Lireihuan>
<snip>
44 earth can't have greatest air pet/ice pet

u mean 45 earth for 6 sec pbt? :p

oh and u can get 29 in cold which is enough for the last cold pet which is at 25 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom