Theug pets - how to counter them...

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
Well.. what the f*** are we supposed to do? :p
Killing\holding theug interupted is one way to do it, but what can you do when the pets are out?

One thing is moc pbae or pbae from someone who isnt being interupted. I just read that the pets cant be CC'ed... Is that right?

My tactic as a warden is to dedicate my time to interupt the theug (6 weap spec 4tehwin).

And in what way weren't 30 sec enough? Why double? why not something in between? 45 sec should be plenty eh?

The fact that they are 2000 range don't make it a whole lot better. :\
 

capo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
80
bard spell confuse used to do wonders vs theurg pets back in the days, don't know it it still does the same tho (it insta killed em in early days).
 

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
capo said:
bard spell confuse used to do wonders vs theurg pets back in the days, don't know it it still does the same tho (it insta killed em in early days).
I have a feeling that has changed :touch:
 

living

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
553
they are weak.. any tank can pretty much 2hit em :> well.. any savage :>
 

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
living said:
they are weak.. any tank can pretty much 2hit em :> well.. any savage :>
Any savage with 2x quad?
So say 8 hits for an average tank then, and say 2 pets on every one who cast spells (in a mage grp thats 7ish) so 14 pets and 8 hits oh each is 112 hits. Piece o cake xD
 

GReaper

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,973
3 pbaoe chars should have no problem. A quickcast pbaoe from all 3 should destroy pets easily.
 

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,181
Take a shield/guard in your group. A skilled guard can shift to the one that needs it most atm. I have two rvr active characters: a warrior and a healer - when i play healer i curse the constant lack of a warrior to guard me against those pesky pets, and when i play a warrior i dont get groups because "warriors dont have enough dmg output" or some such. :( Imo every healer/caster should lobby hard for a warrior in their group, or maybe im the only one that finds the ability to actually cast my spells (without using moc) usefull ^^
 

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
805
GReaper said:
3 pbaoe chars should have no problem. A quickcast pbaoe from all 3 should destroy pets easily.
considering the theurg isn't free and casting more pets
 
G

Gaudd

Guest
Ive duelled an ice theurg against an unbuffed s&s armsman, yes the ice pets do decent damage now but the armsman could kill the pets in 3 swings, bearing in mind air pets are summoned on the spot so are next to impossible to buff in any way as long as a group is paying attention they should be a lot easier to deal with than a chanter or sm pet for example.
Only earth pets have had their summon duration and movement speed increased but to compensate they have had their hitpoints reduced making them even easier to kill.

The official notes for those who havent had time to read them yet :

Theurgist

- Increased range of Confusing Gust line to 1500. This is a bug fix. (ae mez range was stupidly short before the patch)

- Added new earth summon spells in the Theurgist Abrasion list at levels 40 and 48. (highest pre patch pet was level 32)

- Added new ice summon spells in the Theurgist Refrigeration list at levels 32, 40, and 48. (highest pet was level 25)

- Reduced the hitpoints on earth elementals, but increased the duration of their summon from 30 to 60 seconds. Their offensive bonus and run speed increases with higher spec.

- Spells cast by Theurgist ice elementals have been tuned to cast faster, do more damage, and scale appropriately with level to help deal with resists.
 

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
730
capo said:
bard spell confuse used to do wonders vs theurg pets back in the days, don't know it it still does the same tho (it insta killed em in early days).
Still works as far as i know and am told :) ofcourse midgard group would need to run RM for confuse and thats not happening :(
 

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
765
snoz said:
Still works as far as i know and am told :) ofcourse midgard group would need to run RM for confuse and thats not happening :(
yes, god forbid someone ran a non savagetrain group :twak: <- whine
 

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
932
Glacier said:
yes, god forbid someone ran a non savagetrain group :twak: <- whine
the only runnie with confusion, would be one with suppresion and as suppresion is mostly specced for PBT (which is useless against caster groups and against assist trains) no one really has that spec in RvR. So even if you would get a runnie in your group it would most likely be a darkcarver (means no supp spec).
 

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
10,439
Gaudd said:
- Spells cast by Theurgist ice elementals have been tuned to cast faster, do more damage, and scale appropriately with level to help deal with resists.

so a ice theurgs pets gets a boost in damage coz of idiot resists but every other caster's DD's is unchanged?? thats pretty fucked up imo...
 

pixie.pebr

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
75
Ctuchik said:
so a ice theurgs pets gets a boost in damage coz of idiot resists but every other caster's DD's is unchanged?? thats pretty fucked up imo...
Quote: - Added new ice summon spells in the Theurgist Refrigeration list at levels 32, 40, and 48. (highest pet was level 25)

I have a feeling that if they found a bug where Runemasters where capped at level 25 and could never reach 50, they would fix that too :rolleyes:
 

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
8,324
Ctuchik said:
so a ice theurgs pets gets a boost in damage coz of idiot resists but every other caster's DD's is unchanged?? thats pretty fucked up imo...
they mean outright spell resists - the ice pets were using level 25 spells
 

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
snoz said:
Still works as far as i know and am told :) ofcourse midgard group would need to run RM for confuse and thats not happening :(
Really? Thats just the answer I was looking for when making this thread tbh. :p

Anyway, can anyone that know how this work confirm?


Tafaya Anathas said:
Whine less? :twak:
If you read the rest of my post it obviously was ment as a tactic thread. :)
 

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
765
Driwen said:
the only runnie with confusion, would be one with suppresion and as suppresion is mostly specced for PBT (which is useless against caster groups and against assist trains) no one really has that spec in RvR. So even if you would get a runnie in your group it would most likely be a darkcarver (means no supp spec).
People spec supp for other reasons than PBT, the Nearsight will totally destroy a cc class and casters, while doing singeltarget snare dd on assist nuking in caster groups, or adding ae snare to pbae bunches.
 

Kami

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,254
Nearsight is hilarious, you KNOW you've pissed them off and they'll spend the next 2 mins cursing you if they live that long :)
 

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
932
Glacier said:
People spec supp for other reasons than PBT, the Nearsight will totally destroy a cc class and casters, while doing singeltarget snare dd on assist nuking in caster groups, or adding ae snare to pbae bunches.
usually better off with a darkcarver (more damage) and ofc pbt isnt the only trick, but snare doesnt work when you used root and nearsight is nice, but you must be alive to cast it.
A runnie is never a really good choice, except in keep fights when it is a darkcarver you want as casters have low af and low hp. So you dont want them unless they serve a purpose. PBAoE group works, but you need a shaman/2healers/2 sms/war/skald, which means 7 people and another sm or warrior would be better. So for a good setup there is no place for a runnie, off course you could run with a lesser setup, but doesnt change the fact that runnies are rare and them getting groups aswell.

Also can the snare on the snare DD be broken?

edit: or Kami they purge it and you cant cast it on them again.
 

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,098
remi said:
1 shot the pets...even skalds do it now! :p
skalds > you froler
like the h0e says, even i can one shot theurg pets now
 

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,086
now people, the easiest way for midgard groups to solve the theurg problem is to run with a slam thane in your group

he can guard your caster / healer ass, interupt the Theurg with his instas, and nuke him (causing more interuptions) while he's busy going for easy targets.

Can't believe no one has thought of this :)
 

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
1,079
SilverHood said:
now people, the easiest way for midgard groups to solve the theurg problem is to run with a slam thane in your group

he can guard your caster / healer ass, interupt the Theurg with his instas, and nuke him (causing more interuptions) while he's busy going for easy targets.

Can't believe no one has thought of this :)
Totally. Something to bear in mind is that cloth casters from any realm have some pretty sick abilities which is why they have cloth armour and crappy hit points to counter it. If you leave any cloth caster alone he can pretty much mess up your group. PBT/guard/bof etc has no effect on dots, confuse, or just plain old nuking. Just means you'll need to start recruiting your groups from a wider pool of characters than before which is as good for Mid as it is for the other realms.
 

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
765
ah well, atleast in toa one of the MA abilities is to scare the shit out of the pets from enemy realms, make em stop chasing etc ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom