There we go, Darkxler lvl50 Shaman

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Well, that's it! I've officially leveled my first character in DAoC to level 50 and I am still on the trial. I will of course continue my subscription but it's fun to have it done before the 14 days are over. It only required just over 3 days of played time which I find pretty decent myself for a first character hehe.

My overall impression of the game and it's players have so far been great, I've really had the pleasure to meet some really friendly and helpful people that try their best to explain things etc for me. I guess it's probably because of the lack of new players in general but anyway, it's a good thing to be kind towards the new ones. Sadly I've pretty much been doing all the leveling in Darkness Falls since lvl20 (thanks to Midgard who have been taking it over pretty much all the time) so I got a lack of knowledge of the other zones. Well, I guess it's common if you own DF because of the RvR XP-bonus. Tho I have been informed about a quest called Melting The Ice which I find a bit to easy and boring for a first char to be using all the time.

I would also like to thank everyone who have been patient enough to help me go over the basics in-game and pretty much been helping me out in general, it's really appriciated and I hope to repay your generosity sometime.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should do next? I know that there are some Champion-levels tho I don't really know much about them yet, is this a good thing to start with?

Tho I really want to get involved in the RvR asap but sometimes it's just necessary to gear up before doing that, what do you guys think? Since I've never done any high-level RvR, should I just join a random group that needs a shaman and go along with them or is there some special place like a Battleground I need to join? I'm pretty lost here hehe but I guess I'll learn as the time goes.

sshot063.jpg

sshot065.jpg

3 days 2 hours and 47 minutes, decent! :)

Hope to see you all in-game, hopefully I'll disease/root-kite you to death. :ninja:

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
1st step go visit the king, everything u do from now on will gain u champ exp.
2nd go visit arbiter unless u have done that. ml 5 will get u more exp grps and ml 1 2 4 will help in rvr.
3d go to vnboards or ask a friend to make u an easy starter template.
Once u have ur template u should be ready to rvr:) getting into a guild, joining pugs, getting ur reputation up will help. Dont forget ur shear;)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Congratulations, from what I've seen you've leveled quite fast also! :)

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Gratz, I've been following ur progress on here and you've done well :)

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Congrats matey, I've really enjoyed reading through your posts, checking out your pics and just generally feeling all warm inside that theres still new people coming to the game and really enjoying it!

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
i agree with aphex! great work on getting to 50 and good luck on the rest :)

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for all the kind replies! It's been really fun to level this character up to 50 mainly because of the people I've meet, of course the game itself is awesome but what made it top notch was the people. Tho I think the fun is just to begin since I will start my RvR progress as soon as possible, I will of course start with the champ-levels but when I tried to enter where the King is located it just said that I needed: Darkness Rising or something like that, the expansion. Do I have to buy the 2x expansions to begin my champ-level?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for all the kind replies! It's been really fun to level this character up to 50 mainly because of the people I've meet, of course the game itself is awesome but what made it top notch was the people. Tho I think the fun is just to begin since I will start my RvR progress as soon as possible, I will of course start with the champ-levels but when I tried to enter where the King is located it just said that I needed: Darkness Rising or something like that, the expansion. Do I have to buy the 2x expansions to begin my champ-level?

Yes, but unless u want to comitt to the whole running in optimized grps i dont think those 2 expansions are all that if money is a lll short:)

Afran

Part of the furniture
You only need to buy DR to reach CL5, but you'll need Labyrinth to continue to CL10 and be able to equip an item in the Mythirian slot. I think it's still cheaper to buy both of the expansions together rather than seperate.

Grats.

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
Grats mate. Good to see the game can still atract new players ;)

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
You only need to buy DR to reach CL5, but you'll need Labyrinth to continue to CL10 and be able to equip an item in the Mythirian slot. I think it's still cheaper to buy both of the expansions together rather than seperate.

Grats.

Ah, thank you! I guess I'll buy the expansions so I can begin improving my character. I die kinda easily at the moment but it's not a big issue since I enjoy it at the moment haha. :lol:

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah unfortuantly depending what ur fighting, whether ur grp is solid and what kinda template u have, dying is quite frequent :p Once you are templated, you'll survive a bit more of a bashing tho :)

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Saw you in some rvr tonight Darkzler, how did it go?

Everz

FH is my second home
aye talked to you on mid mate, how was the rvr :>?

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
We /vic and /hug spammed u! Blue and red alb grp

Haha, I was on ventrilo by that time, gave me a good laugh tho! :)

In overall the RvR was really fun, I got invited to some really good groups and some "less" good groups but they all learned me new things about the game. Of course, there are much left to learn but as time go by this will not be a problem since it's some sort of evolution as a player. Much is of course basic for you but as a new player even the simple things can be hard to work out, but since the community are so kind and helpful it's been going great.

I hope to see more of you all, and you probably will see me both in /lfg and /region asking for a group to join hehe.

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
I think that I got about 30-40k RP's just yesterday and I didn't even play much then. Just wait until I join the guild; Apples Incoming and we'll mess around with the Albs/Hibs ;)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I think that I got about 30-40k RP's just yesterday and I didn't even play much then. Just wait until I join the guild; Apples Incoming and we'll mess around with the Albs/Hibs ;)

Not bad:) U have chosen 1 of the few classes that are rly good from low rr at 4l6 u will have almost all RAs that u need for a shaman to be fully functional, ofc u can get alot more fun stuff along the way but more then enough to do ur job

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Darkzler. Just to add something to the advice you've been given.

Template, SC, SpellCraft. You've probably heard people mention this by now. Basically there are your primary stats such as Constitution, Dexterity, Piety. Your resists such as Heat, Cold, Matter etc etc. Other things are % increase to cast speed, heal effectiveness, buff bonus etc etc.

People use spell craft programs that let you insert items. The idea is you use specific items to try and get the best template possible. Some items may be too difficult to obtain. Some may be on the Consignment Merchants, but they may cost too much Plat :-(

Like already mentioned, ask one of your friends if they can make you a cheap shaman template. VN is a forum which has alot of templates on there. Another is www.daoctemplates.net - however these are a bit old :-(

Once you have a template sorted you will be much harder to kill. Also you will not run out of power so fast, will cast quicker etc :)

Good luck!

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Darkzler. Just to add something to the advice you've been given.

Template, SC, SpellCraft. You've probably heard people mention this by now. Basically there are your primary stats such as Constitution, Dexterity, Piety. Your resists such as Heat, Cold, Matter etc etc. Other things are % increase to cast speed, heal effectiveness, buff bonus etc etc.

People use spell craft programs that let you insert items. The idea is you use specific items to try and get the best template possible. Some items may be too difficult to obtain. Some may be on the Consignment Merchants, but they may cost too much Plat :-(

Like already mentioned, ask one of your friends if they can make you a cheap shaman template. VN is a forum which has alot of templates on there. Another is www.daoctemplates.net - however these are a bit old :-(

Once you have a template sorted you will be much harder to kill. Also you will not run out of power so fast, will cast quicker etc :)

Good luck!

Thanks alot for the reply Bahamut, it's quite funny that you mention templates since I were going to make a new post about it today hehe. The thing is that I've heard that some templates go for like 200-400P which is of course out of the question, tho I wonder if there are any kind soul on the forum who could help me out with this. I got 7P myself and can of course farm more but I would like some help to pick the items so I can set up a goal for myself to achieve, like farming 50P for a Chest piece or whatever.

What resistance is the most important one? I currently got loads of Str, Con, Dex and a bunch of Piety, the rest I haven't given any thought to. I did receive some gloves from a friend but those are for PvE and have some sort of dmg-shield that surrounds you from time to time. Tho I am here to slay Albs and Hibs my main priority is to grab PvP gear hehe.

Oh well, feel free to contact me online at Darkxler if you are up for some playing, this goes to everyone! :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Dark i think you should be oki for templating, best thing you can do is go to Malmohus or any classic region and try and get on one of the dragon raids in shammy spot :).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ah, thank you! I guess I'll buy the expansions so I can begin improving my character. I die kinda easily at the moment but it's not a big issue since I enjoy it at the moment haha. :lol:

your a shaman, u'l die easily regardless ;)

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Dark i think you should be oki for templating, best thing you can do is go to Malmohus or any classic region and try and get on one of the dragon raids in shammy spot :).

Ah, I'll try do that! Are there any requirements that I need to fulfill before I can join a raid like that?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I remember my shaman from the distant past, good fun class to play :) Mind you I didn't play him post TOA let alone all the rest of the gubbins they added to the game.

Glad to see the game can still attract people to it. Hitting 50 within three and a bit days? Blimey! Amazing :)

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
I remember my shaman from the distant past, good fun class to play :) Mind you I didn't play him post TOA let alone all the rest of the gubbins they added to the game.

Glad to see the game can still attract people to it. Hitting 50 within three and a bit days? Blimey! Amazing :)

Thank you Turamber! I've learned throughout my gaming career that graphics and shit like that ain't all, I am more after a good balance and some fun PvP. Guess I found the right game hehe, of course balance can always be discussed but I've been given the impression that so is the case of DAoC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom