Theiving little git

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Just had a call from paypal - confirming a transaction for £890.

Obviously I didnt make it, damn lucky they called me - no idea how they could have gotten access, my passwords complex and firewalls/antivirus are up to date.

Ahh well, time to change all my passwords I guess.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Find out the IP the transaction would of been made from, report to their ISP.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Did the transaction go through or was that what the call was for? confirmation?

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
stuff like that scares me :(

Physical pain, snakes and exams have nothing on me. But people stealing my money over the internets... arf :(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Find out the IP the transaction would of been made from, report to their ISP.

Yeah emailed paypal with the ip range my ISP use, and asked for the logs of any other IP's logging in as me.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Did the transaction go through or was that what the call was for? confirmation?

Yup it went through, obviously there wasnt enough in my paypal account so it sucked around 800 quid off my credit card <sigh>

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ouch,

but why the confermation call if the transaction has already ocuerred ?
would have made more sence to withhold it and await your aproval no ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
ouch,

but why the confermation call if the transaction has already ocuerred ?
would have made more sence to withhold it and await your aproval no ?

Yup - the paypal system should have some kind of payment limit that you can set.

Anyway woke up this morning and the money has been refunded to my credit card, so no problems there - just wish i knew how they got my details.

When you send a payment through paypal doesnt that trigger an email "you have paid xxxxx £nnnnn" ? As I didnt get this and the email address on the account hasnt been touched.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Is was about to ask you if it was time to change your name back to Tears, but I see you got your money back, so gratz :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
That's really odd tbh. They given the logs back yet? Report to ISP if they do it etc.

Nate

FH is my second home
Get someone to check it out, I bet paypal has a security issue that they want to keep quiet! Then you'll earn millyuns! Or, did you click any dodgy e-mails? Theres been a few paypal ones flying around lately.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I got really lucky last week i had a phone call form mint asking about two payments that were going onto my card. £950 Betfair and £375 party poker neither were me. So they did not make it onto my Card.

Scary thing is that card has only ever been used on PayPal and Mobymemory.co.uk and it sits in a draw at home. I have not used the memory site for 3 months only paypal so it scared me a bit.

Gamah

Banned
Ffs, I didn't expect them to call you, how am I going to buy that rl tr0llsex doll now :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom