The worst possible news ever

Tio McShire

Fledgling Freddie
I bumped into a rl friend today who tells me that warhammer will be run in europe by goa? is this true ?

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
goa aren't really bad you know, theres been a few bumps along the way but tbh the game is running very nicely with very few problems, only real minus is the translation process which is stupidity at its finest/worst..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tio McShire said:
I bumped into a rl friend today who tells me that warhammer will be run in europe by goa? is this true ?

thats been known for about a year now or something.........

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Fyric said:
goa aren't really bad you know, theres been a few bumps along the way but tbh the game is running very nicely with very few problems, only real minus is the translation process which is stupidity at its finest/worst..

I just don't see the point in having the English speaking players - ie my good friends from Europe - playing on different servers. It purely makes more sense for us all to play in the US - that way we'll never run into population problems like we are in DAOC atm. Ok so the primetime will be different but that wont make any difference if we have our very own primetime during America's night.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Fyric said:

Apart from the random server crashes, the incredible and unexplained server-side lag, hopeless customer support, lack of any decent in-game support, double-standards and complete lack of consistency in enforcing the EULA and CoC, wonderful GOA quest 99% of which are bugged....thats all I can think of right now, but i know there is more.

Played in the US on the Mythic servers and the quality difference is very noticable, i even get less lag on the US servers (well, when they were populated anyway).

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tallen said:
Apart from the random server crashes, the incredible and unexplained server-side lag, hopeless customer support, lack of any decent in-game support, double-standards and complete lack of consistency in enforcing the EULA and CoC, wonderful GOA quest 99% of which are bugged....thats all I can think of right now, but i know there is more.

Played in the US on the Mythic servers and the quality difference is very noticable, i even get less lag on the US servers (well, when they were populated anyway).

That's a bit strong tbh - theyve done a reasonable job in Europe given the hosting that's been forced on them IMHO.

With regard to translation, I _think_ that's been taken out of the equation for Warhammer, from what Ive read, although I'm not certain :m00:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Very well but give one good reason to play on GOA's servers over Mythics?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
RS|Phil said:

right time zone ;)

cant find it now, but sanya was quoted saying GOA -HAVE- to have support etc to the same standard as the US servers to keep the liscence, which afaik, will mean in game GMs , etc.. and with EA money that should be possible.. so should be ok.
anyway, too soon to tell either way imo :p

/scuttles off back to ddo :mad:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Mabs said:
right time zone ;)

cant find it now, but sanya was quoted saying GOA -HAVE- to have support etc to the same standard as the US servers to keep the liscence, which afaik, will mean in game GMs , etc.. and with EA money that should be possible.. so should be ok.
anyway, too soon to tell either way imo :p

/scuttles off back to ddo :mad:

How is the time zone relevant if people from this time zone are playing on those servers?

Like I said, give one good reason.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
RS|Phil said:
How is the time zone relevant if people from this time zone are playing on those servers?

Like I said, give one good reason.

u dont have to play with americans....

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:

1 - commitment, remember when mythic said to trash prydwen and start over - GoA refused and spent countless hours restoring as many items as the could.

2 - public facing, do you see the Mythic GM's actively posting on non-official forums to the same extent that GoA do ?

3 - Events, whens the last time Mythic ran an in game event and I dont just mean grouping with a mythic bod and running aroudn the frontier to get a beta slot in the next expansion :) I doubt very much this would happen with WAR as the servers obviously need to be the same but it does highlight GoA's commitment with DAOC

The main gripe from past discussions on this was ingame support and its already been stated that if the US servers have that - so will the EURO ones.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
1 - commitment, remember when mythic said to trash prydwen and start over - GoA refused and spent countless hours restoring as many items as the could.

2 - public facing, do you see the Mythic GM's actively posting on non-official forums to the same extent that GoA do ?

3 - Events, whens the last time Mythic ran an in game event and I dont just mean grouping with a mythic bod and running aroudn the frontier to get a beta slot in the next expansion :) I doubt very much this would happen with WAR as the servers obviously need to be the same but it does highlight GoA's commitment with DAOC

The main gripe from past discussions on this was ingame support and its already been stated that if the US servers have that - so will the EURO ones.

1 > As far as I know they never seriously considered that, and I'm 100% certain they wouldn't do that to one of their OWN servers, precisely the same way GOA refused.

2> Yes, you do. Perhaps our GMs make a tad more effort but then, considering the problems we've had, they've HAD to.

3> I can't recall a GOA event of significance so I'm a bit lost there tbh. I know there's been a few but the last one I saw running, there was no interest anyway. I even got PM'd once by a GM asking me to come play in that silly boat race because so few people were up for it.

I can live with playing with Americans btw :) Most MMOs in the past have been trans-Atlantic, and again there's a lot of people from here that now or did used to play on the yank servers with little or no complaints.

Really, I just can't fathom a reason to decentralise the game's population. To me it just makes an endless amount more sense to have us all in one place.

Tio McShire

Fledgling Freddie
so to summarise, it is true and confirmed? *sigh* well i havent played daoc for a long while, and never will all the time these goa cretins run the show. and no.. i didnt post a goodbye or whine thread.. i just voted with my wallet. and i am not alone.. that i know for certain.

Chilly

Balls of steel
If you play on the american servers your ping will suck.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
hmm, i'd rather put up with an american who may be an idiot, than a frenchman who is guaranteed an idiot.

also america have 10 or so servers and EU has country specific ones (in regards to daoc) so not being fluent in any other language is an issue

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chilly said:
If you play on the american servers your ping will suck.

A lot of people say they don't notice it but the warping in melee combat bugs me (monsters spinning around and reappearing behind me etc.)

Only get that rarely on the european servers.

Get it most fights on the US - it's not huge lag or anything (if they rubber band it's a tiny tiny distance) but it's noticeable.

Plus there's the timezone issue...

If you really have such a beef with GOA have fun on the US servers. You won't be missed :)

Acrantophis

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
1 > As far as I know they never seriously considered that, and I'm 100% certain they wouldn't do that to one of their OWN servers, precisely the same way GOA refused.

2> Yes, you do. Perhaps our GMs make a tad more effort but then, considering the problems we've had, they've HAD to.

3> I can't recall a GOA event of significance so I'm a bit lost there tbh. I know there's been a few but the last one I saw running, there was no interest anyway. I even got PM'd once by a GM asking me to come play in that silly boat race because so few people were up for it.

I can live with playing with Americans btw :) Most MMOs in the past have been trans-Atlantic, and again there's a lot of people from here that now or did used to play on the yank servers with little or no complaints.

Really, I just can't fathom a reason to decentralise the game's population. To me it just makes an endless amount more sense to have us all in one place.

Not to forget the alchemy quest that the US servers dont have, and wich changed the RvR play forever.

Funny how such a small thing as stacked powerpots can make such a significant diffrence.

GOA does work hard, people seem to think they sit with a coffe cup just scooping the money in, I hardly belive thats true, ofcourse theres money from servers, but only paychecks bite a large chunk out of that.

Eventhough over the years GOA have done a few bloopers, I still thank them for running the game I love like no other.

Sincerly
The Super Addict.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
why stay on EU servers whith germans and frogeaters when you can go to US servers and have fun? :) i aint playing GOA's servers anymore, thats for sure!

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Tallen said:

Lack of ingame support? what you mean? I'm been always helped with problems I've had during my (almost 4 year of camelot experience), I've nagged multiple times requiel when I've seen him online, and he has ALWAYS helped in my problems. Not that kind of support I've seen in other games like EQ2 and wow, that one could actually see CSR or GM to contact ingame probs, and get prompt resolution for the problem at hand.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Acrantophis said:
Not to forget the alchemy quest that the US servers dont have, and wich changed the RvR play forever.

Funny how such a small thing as stacked powerpots can make such a significant diffrence.

GOA does work hard, people seem to think they sit with a coffe cup just scooping the money in, I hardly belive thats true, ofcourse theres money from servers, but only paychecks bite a large chunk out of that.

Eventhough over the years GOA have done a few bloopers, I still thank them for running the game I love like no other.

Sincerly
The Super Addict.

Guess your right about the support but it still does not compare to US Servers and the support they get. For me Support is not the big issue. My main issues are:

Opentransit - seems to be broken more than its fixed. Server lag is still around, run with mates from 3 different countries and we still all get the same lag spikes running in certain areas.
Marketing - GOA do sod all marketing in the UK. So English based servers will suffer again population wise. Hope EA do the Marketing Worldwide, they not be everyones favourite Gaming company but, at least they have the marketing clout to run TV adds and major magazines pushes.

Before I make an EU/US decision I will test the pings on servers. If the Paris based servers are still laggy on Opentransit I will go US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom