Music The Wonder Stuff

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I've just re-discovered them after what, 15/20 odd years now?

Was watching *cough* last night (it's a little embarassing - vinnie jones and steven baldwin are in it) and they started playing 'Size of a Cow' as background music.

So a quick search about on the Skywebnet and I managed to find the albums that vanished from my collection over the many years that have passed. And a lush acoustic/unplugged Stuffies album which I'd never heard before..

For the first time in ages, I was walking to work today with a massive grin on my face... I miss my youth...

Anyone else rediscovering music from their childhood or did you all manage to keep your records and tapes?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Dug out my best of James and Best of the Levellers albums a few weeks ago (was having a general sort out) loads of others from that era too.

(getting old) far better music back then, most of its trash now.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Born of Frustration is my personal favourite James song :)

Was listening to The Levellers the other day. 'This Garden' just never gets old and 'Dog Train' (album version) has always been one of my favourites by any band. Not so crazy on the single version because of all the extra brass in it.

I dug out KLF, "The White Room" recently. Always awesome and I still chuckle at some of their antics.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I still have the cassette tape of the White Room somewhere! re-bought not so long ago on CD though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Now yer talking. Definitely my era - I remember seeing the Wonderstuff at the Ritz in Manchester (on the bouncy dancefloor) and getting in a massive ruck with a bunch of nutters. And James at the GMEX when all X 1000 of us "sat down" at the same time. Happy days (*goes off to find his "Who Wants To Be The Disco King?" T-shirt*)

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I found TWS too late, and didn't manage to see them live, although (if it counts) I've seen Ned Atomic Dustbin about 6 times, although not on their 'reunion' tour last year (dammit!)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I met miles hunt at a Mission gig in London about 15 years ago :)

I love the wonderstuff Never loved elvis is the best album i think

taB

Part of the furniture
Was listening to The Levellers the other day. 'This Garden' just never gets old and 'Dog Train' (album version) has always been one of my favourites by any band. Not so crazy on the single version because of all the extra brass in it.

Was singing along to the Levellers in the car last night (thankfully travelling alone). 15 Years prolly has my fave lyrics.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i like the levellers battle of the beanfield i think it is :)

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
The Wonderstuff were pretty good live, saw them at the Brixton Academy many moons ago. Really bizarre thing was that Janes Addiction were their support, now I'm pretty sure about that but then again I may have been hallucinating. Another weird combo was Desmond Dekker and Ozrics at Club Dog.

Ermm, yea anyway! Though I didn't listen to them much at the time I've come to appreciate Teenage Fanclub most over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom